You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, February 12th 2008, 1:19am

Its perfectly clear from an Atlantean perspective, defend Lithuania. For sure German mobilisation will up the stakes and either tip the balance or scare the beligerants into wraping things up (as if Russian intervention wasn't enough for most *eyes Poland*).

Tuesday, February 12th 2008, 1:38am

"In case of M-word, please press Big Red Button"

*big red button pressed*

"Thank you for pressing the Big Red Button.

Word War II will begin in 30 seconds.

:D

Tuesday, February 12th 2008, 1:40am

To quote Daffy Duck...

"Never push the red button!"

Just don't ask him why....

Tuesday, February 12th 2008, 2:04am

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
Its perfectly clear from an Atlantean perspective, defend Lithuania. For sure German mobilisation will up the stakes and either tip the balance or scare the beligerants into wraping things up (as if Russian intervention wasn't enough for most *eyes Poland*).

Defend Lithuania, perhaps. But why, and where will the Russian forces stop? If it's at the Lithuanian-Polish border, that's one thing. If it's at the border of East Prussia, that's another thing entirely.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Tuesday, February 12th 2008, 2:39am

Quoted

Originally posted by Hrolf Hakonson
OOC: Problem here is that the Russians and Dutch will pour all the oil the Lithuanians could want into Lithuanian hands.]

Hmm, help small nation defend self against big nation...erm yep.

And yes, UKN supplies to aggressor nations will be, at least temporarily, suspended.

OOC: Of course the real story is how, shortly after making arrangements with China, the valiant Poles have been corrupted by SATSUMA and tricked into starting a war. It's all India's fault.

Edit : the fun thing is a German mobilization would probably send the Belgians into an allergic fit. And then they would be ever so happy to see the Hun go east.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Kaiser Kirk" (Feb 12th 2008, 3:22am)

Tuesday, February 12th 2008, 3:11am

Quoted

Defend Lithuania, perhaps. But why, and where will the Russian forces stop? If it's at the Lithuanian-Polish border, that's one thing. If it's at the border of East Prussia, that's another thing entirely.

Same question could be asked about the Wilno insurrectionists I suppose. If the opertunity presented itself I'm sure they'd press past the July 8th line.

At any rate do the Germans really think that the Russians will risk a second great war by moving their own border closer to Germany's?

Tuesday, February 12th 2008, 3:24am

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox
Word War II will begin in 30 seconds.

...Is it really a World War without the Commonwealth and the Colonials to my south? I don't see either of them obliged to get in the middle of all this just yet.

Tuesday, February 12th 2008, 3:28am

Quoted

Quoted

Same question could be asked about the Wilno insurrectionists I suppose. If the opertunity presented itself I'm sure they'd press past the July 8th line.

At any rate do the Germans really think that the Russians will risk a second great war by moving their own border closer to Germany's?

It's certainly within the bounds of possibility, that's where the problem comes in. The Russians historically haven't had any aversion to pressing forward when they've had the chance, after all. And they not so long ago controlled both Lithuania and large chunks of Poland.

Tuesday, February 12th 2008, 3:58am

The thing is Germany has been quite silent in reguards to this crisis as it starts to wind up. If they were content with the borders the way they are now, you'd think they'd start pressuring the Poles to end the crisis or at least their involvement in it.

I'd be thinking the Russians are becoming just as wary of the Germans as the Germans are of them because of that.

Tuesday, February 12th 2008, 4:10am

Quoted

The thing is Germany has been quite silent in reguards to this crisis as it starts to wind up. If they were content with the borders the way they are now, you'd think they'd start pressuring the Poles to end the crisis or at least their involvement in it.

I'd be thinking the Russians are becoming just as wary of the Germans as the Germans are of them because of that.

Germany has been pushing and cajoling both sides towards a peaceful solution to their issue from the start, to no avail (in part because others have been holding out the prospect of total victory). It was Germany that suggested the cease fire and peace talks originally. Germany has condemned the crossing of the border by Poland. However, because of past history, Germany's wary of making any threats of military force, once that's done there's no telling where things will end up. [Not to mention that there will be any number of Germany's neighbors going "See, see, I told you those Prussians can't be trusted, on to Berlin!", and then it's work, work, work until they're beaten back into their holes.... Sorry, where was I?]

If the Atlanteans, or the Russians, think that what's going on in Warsaw is somehow controlled from Berlin, they're badly mistaken.

Tuesday, February 12th 2008, 4:33am

Blame the Yugoslavs imo, we were so scared about a german invasion that we convinced poland to invade lithuania, and blame it on the germans

Tuesday, February 12th 2008, 5:11am

The Russian government are aware

that the war in Lithuania is just as much of an unpleasant suprise for Germany as they are for Russia, and understand that German military measures in Germany are meant for Germany's defense and are not provocative.

Tuesday, February 12th 2008, 5:28am

Atlantis hasn't presumed that Germany is pulling any strings, We are just curious as to why with Poland clearly acting recklessly why Germany isn't putting more pressure on them, particularily if they prefere the status quo in reguards to current borders. We've recognised the efforts the Germans have invested already but those efforts seem to be waning as things sprial out of control.

Like Germany and Russia, more so in fact, Atlantis is quite alarmed at the events currently unfolding. With Polands PRJ allies loosing the will to support an unwinable war Atlantis was banking on the fact that they would not have to step into a conflict they do not want to fight. If Germany tipped their hand that changes things once again.

Atlantis doesn't like the notion of Russian troops occupying Polish soil, this is why we pressed for LON forces to do so (in addition to act as an internationally sanctioned punitive action). Unfortunately the Poles are resisting the more peacefull, temperary aproach.

Tuesday, February 12th 2008, 12:23pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Tanthalas
Blame the Yugoslavs imo, we were so scared about a german invasion that we convinced poland to invade lithuania, and blame it on the germans

<snort> Hard for Germany to invade Yugoslavia, we don't even share a border. :) OK, OK, the Fallschirmjaegers could reach Yugoslavia, if the Italians didn't shoot the Ju-52s down, but Germany's not going to invade a country with a single regiment.

Tuesday, February 12th 2008, 12:37pm

Quoted

Atlantis hasn't presumed that Germany is pulling any strings, We are just curious as to why with Poland clearly acting recklessly why Germany isn't putting more pressure on them, particularily if they prefere the status quo in reguards to current borders. We've recognised the efforts the Germans have invested already but those efforts seem to be waning as things sprial out of control.

Like Germany and Russia, more so in fact, Atlantis is quite alarmed at the events currently unfolding. With Polands PRJ allies loosing the will to support an unwinable war Atlantis was banking on the fact that they would not have to step into a conflict they do not want to fight. If Germany tipped their hand that changes things once again.

Atlantis doesn't like the notion of Russian troops occupying Polish soil, this is why we pressed for LON forces to do so (in addition to act as an internationally sanctioned punitive action). Unfortunately the Poles are resisting the more peacefull, temperary aproach.

Poland likely wouldn't be the only country resisting that approach, after all that makes the League a super-government, able to invade on whatever pretext it feels valid. And if the "if you're directly connected to the issue, you get no vote" policy remained in place, the recipient of such attention wouldn't even get a voice. VERY bad precedent. I very much doubt the US would go for this sort of approach, for instance.

Unlike Atlantis, Germany has to live next to Poland, and has done a fair amount of work over the last decade to build a reasonable relationship with the government of Poland. While this issue has sidetracked the Polish government onto a path that Berlin disagrees with, Germany is trying not to flush all that work down the drain by creating a new enemy (while at the same time alarming old ones). If Germany threatens Poland at this time, for instance, what happens to the Danzig Corridor? You can bet that that plan will be torn up by the Poles, and then we're back to square one on that issue (which will just push the East Prussians back into agreement with the revanchists).

It must be admitted, however, that there are certain elements in the Reichstag that are pondering whether a re-partition of Poland is the answer.

Tuesday, February 12th 2008, 3:11pm

Gaah....

Quoted

It must be admitted, however, that there are certain elements in the Reichstag that are pondering whether a re-partition of Poland is the answer.

Blekh, talk about a world of grief, frustration, and endless aggravation... Russian governance fits Poles like a saddle fits a cow (1). Honorable Reichstag members will have to find someone else to partition Poland with.

(1) A paraphrase of Stalin "Communism fits Poles like a saddle fits a cow." There's a reason that Polish agriculture remained mostly in the hands of private small farmers from 1945-1990...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "AdmKuznetsov" (Feb 12th 2008, 4:26pm)

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Tuesday, February 12th 2008, 4:56pm

OOC: Do you guys plan to have all Europe go up in flames? Are we at the borderline to a greater war? any chance for some fighting in the Med? There are a few designs I&acute;d love to see shelling each other and comment on the results. :o)

Tuesday, February 12th 2008, 4:57pm

RE: Gaah....

Quoted

Originally posted by AdmKuznetsov

Quoted

Blekh, talk about a world of grief, frustration, and endless aggravation... Russian governance fits Poles like a saddle fits a cow. Honorable Reichstag members will have to find someone else to partition Poland with.

A good chunk of the Reichstag would be relieved to know that.

Tuesday, February 12th 2008, 4:58pm

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Tuesday, February 12th 2008, 5:47pm

Quoted

[Not to mention that there will be any number of Germany's neighbors going "See, see, I told you those Prussians can't be trusted, on to Berlin!", and then it's work, work, work until they're beaten back into their holes.... Sorry, where was I?]

Don't worry, the prospects of a Belgian invasion are dim.

Quoted

Poland likely wouldn't be the only country resisting that approach, after all that makes the League a super-government, able to invade on whatever pretext it feels valid. And if the "if you're directly connected to the issue, you get no vote" policy remained in place, the recipient of such attention wouldn't even get a voice. VERY bad precedent. I very much doubt the US would go for this sort of approach, for instance.

The Dutch certainly didn't care for the precedent.

Quoted

OOC: Do you guys plan to have all Europe go up in flames? Are we at the borderline to a greater war? any chance for some fighting in the Med? There are a few designs I&acute;d love to see shelling each other and comment on the results. :o)

Hey now, no fighting on my trade routes. The Black sea is the best place for any conflict.

Quoted

I rather wonder what Germany could do that would be effective, but not result in a precipitous decline in German-Polish relations. As for direct military action- that would still be bloody and make other nations a bit unsettled. Though I still doubt the Belgians would invade...

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Kaiser Kirk" (Feb 12th 2008, 5:55pm)