You are not logged in.

Thursday, October 4th 2007, 4:34pm

Private Board for SATSUMA

Despite my retired status, I've received a bit of PM traffic on SATSUMA-related matters lately. Now that the Private Boards are an option, may I suggest that one be created for SATSUMA, with Walter, Swampy, Parador, and myself (just in case) as users?

Thursday, October 4th 2007, 4:49pm

Good idea !!! So we have a place to discuss things belonging no one else than the SATSUMA members.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Thursday, October 4th 2007, 6:44pm

The problem here is that woltlab isn´t made for these kind of boards if things get complicated because of access rights that need to be defined for user groups.

Example: Swamphen has access to the puplic boards and to the ABS board. I needed to create a special user group for all ABS participants (if not admin) with the rights to see both the puplic and ABS boards. I then dedicated Swamphen to this group. Now if I want to give him access to a SATSUMA board too I either need to modify the ABS group he belongs too - in that case Hood would have access to SATSUMA too and all SATSUMA members would have access to ABS - or I need to define a special Swamphen group with special rights for him allowing general boards, ABS and SATSUMA. Go figure what that means if we choose that path. We end up with a user group for every single user that needs more than just general rights.

I´m not going to do that.

So as long as there are no crossovers between groups, I´m fine. That means a SATSUMA group is possible but without Swamphen for example. Everything else will just not happen. Sorry.

Thursday, October 4th 2007, 7:32pm

If you make the user group Walter, Parador, myself, and the SATSUMA username, Swampy could use the latter instead. A bit unwieldy for him, but better than nothing.

Friday, October 5th 2007, 5:25pm

Sorry for being away for two weeks...just was totally, completely *bleh* and wasn't able to muster up any motivation for even checking in. :-/

Will try to get caught up ASAP now. :-)

Thursday, October 25th 2007, 1:29pm

What about the privat SATSUMA - Board ??? Is it now possible or not ????

Thursday, October 25th 2007, 11:12pm

SATSUMA works in the shadows.

HoOmAn

Thursday, November 29th 2007, 11:33am

Please check if SATSUMA user group and board is up to your needs...

Thursday, November 29th 2007, 3:21pm

Sorry to bother but I have no access to the private board. Thanks in advance.

HoOmAn

Thursday, November 29th 2007, 8:15pm

You weren´t on my list of SATSUMA members....

So which players actually are?

Thursday, November 29th 2007, 8:31pm

Quoted

Originally posted by HoOmAn
You weren´t on my list of SATSUMA members....

So which players actually are?

I guess the original list plus me.

Thursday, November 29th 2007, 8:35pm

Walter, Perdedor99, Parador, SATSUMA, and probably myself, if called upon for consultations.

Friday, November 30th 2007, 9:30am

It look like i have access ;)

HoOmAn

Friday, November 30th 2007, 7:32pm

Should be done...