You are not logged in.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Thursday, October 11th 2007, 1:14pm

Thanks for your kind words.

To get a better picture of things as they develope Hood will provide us some nice maps. Regarding actions answering eachother - the RSAN moved some ships in response to Argentinean air strikes against Buenos Aires for example.

Generally speaking things are starting to develope just now. Some news items already include the seeds or hooks for later events. It will become more clearer as we move on, hopefully. It´s part of the reason why it takes us so long to put things together....

Thursday, October 11th 2007, 2:25pm

I have to agree with Hrolf. They are well done, give an idea of the progression of the War in an easy to follow way plus they are very entertaining. If you notice Peru is the one responding due to the proximity to the region and they are being affected indirectly by events while Poland, Romania and Yugoslavia don't even mention the war due to same reasons as Germany (too far, not being involved, ect.) But please, you guys don't stop.

Thursday, October 11th 2007, 3:46pm

February 28th 1935- Admiral Raul Velasco sat sipping coffee in the Officers Mess of the flagship Huascar with the commander of the ship, Arturo Peniche, while discussing the events unfolding on the other side of the Continent. (1) They were surprised by the lack of ground combat between the forces after close to two months of conflict but their main interest was the ongoing war at sea.

It seems the Argentine forces are trying to curtain the communications between both parts of the South African Empire but I think they lacked the numbers to make achieve their objectives, said Velasco while putting a spoon of sugar in his coffee.

I guess I have to agree with you, Sir. Responded Peniche, who then gave his opinion. But they will be forced to either step up their attempts to curtain reinforcements from Africa or use their main assets to launch some coup de main.

Like what? inquired Velasco, now both men doing a mental exercise.

Capturing Tristan Da Cunha could force a reaction. It sits in the South African lines of communication and could serve as an observation post from where seaplanes could direct submarines to intercept ships coming from Africa plus it will force a reaction from the Africans diverting resources to try to counter that threat, was the observation given by Peniche.

Interesting idea, said Velasco, but the distance of the island from Argentina makes supplying such garrison almost impossible if they achieve that objective.

Very true Sir but the idea is to make either the South Africans waste resources trying to take the islands back or use the island as a trap to try to damage enemy units with minimal casualties. I doubt Argentina could hold the island for a long time if the South Africans decide to take it back, said Peniche.

I can see why you are consider one of the brightest minds in our fleet Arturo responded Velasco. Both men laugh and continue to sip their coffee while changing their conversation to the state of the Peruvian fleet.

(1) Just the opinion of two men that only have limited information of the real situation in that region.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Thursday, October 11th 2007, 4:52pm

Well, lack of ground combat - both (or all three) parties were not really prepared to slug it out against each other. There surely were troops at our borders but nothing you could launch a large scale operation with. So some time is needed to redirect army elements, build up supply and activate reserves. But there will be ground action, rest assured. ;o)

Thursday, October 11th 2007, 5:43pm

Well Australia for one, is absolutely disinterested in what goes on in South America. Mexico, on the other hand, is interested and has observers with the FAA. Im just waiting on something from Hood before replying to the news.

Thursday, October 11th 2007, 6:30pm

Atlantis is also interested in events and has observers present as well. The attack on Buenos Aires is of significant interest.

Thursday, October 11th 2007, 7:36pm

Chile is watching and waiting to see what happens. They could potentially have a stake in this war through treaty or through actions in the Gran Chaco or Tierra del Fuego. That said the Army and Air Force in Bolivia is alert while the Navy is more active in the south.

Friday, October 26th 2007, 2:44pm

March 27th 1935- A large batch of "farm workers" left the camp under Jose Rodriguez's watchful eye. The workers , together with their "farm implements"(1), left for an undisclosed location but Jose knew they were going to be put to good use by their new employers. I hope they have good luck. was the thought in Jose's mind while seeing the trucks fading in the horizon.

(1) Yugoslavian Mausers and BAR's.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Oct 26th 2007, 2:51pm)

Wednesday, October 31st 2007, 4:28pm

March 17th 1935- The Peruvian Foreign Ministry has stated that they are dismayed by what it seems an increase in the ground operations tempo in Paraguay on the ongoing war between some members of the ABC powers and the South African Empire.

In a short statement from La Habana, Foreign Minister De La Guarda considered "the increase of the ground combat in Paraguay and the Brazilian-South African border demonstrate the war will not be over any time soon. We again plea both sides to return to the table to try to solve their problems peacefully."

When asked how the conference was going he stated "The events further South (1) has caused the proceedings to move very slowly and without a lot of progress. It seems that some kind of trade agreement could be possible but so far as I said before the War is on everyone's mind."

The public opinion so far is divided in their support for the combatants, but both sides agree that our nation should stay neutral in this conflict, specially so soon after the Andean War.(2)

(1) The War in South Aemrica.

(2) The name in Peru for the war versus Bolivia.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Oct 31st 2007, 8:19pm)