You are not logged in.

Tuesday, August 28th 2007, 9:49pm

Well a heavy cruiser of that caliber would be at least able to counter any of Chile's heavy and "Light" cruisers and maybe Tylor, though probably not the two Oyamas as they were intended to combat heavy cruisers up to El Cid.

Tuesday, August 28th 2007, 10:05pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Ithekro
Well a heavy cruiser of that caliber would be at least able to counter any of Chile's heavy and "Light" cruisers and maybe Tylor, though probably not the two Oyamas as they were intended to combat heavy cruisers up to El Cid.

About same speed than the Oyama's, with bigger guns and better armor. They are intended to give the Oyama something to think about before attacking any Peruvian formation. The Oyama's will be forced to close the range and it could get ugly for both sides. Still my money is on the Oyama's.

Tuesday, August 28th 2007, 10:44pm

I was thinking of the Italian vessel with 12 x 8" guns.

Wednesday, August 29th 2007, 1:08am

Quoted

I was thinking of the Italian vessel with 12 x 8" guns.

My mistake. I thought you were discussing the Villar class ships. Will not build nothing larger than a heavy destroyer until 1940 except for two of the Villars and now it seems that cruisers willn't not be in the Peruvian menu. Now I'm moving into a direction of small ships during the early 1940's, with maybe a refit of the Konig's by the middle of the decade.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Aug 29th 2007, 1:09am)

Wednesday, August 29th 2007, 3:13am

Villar would be reserved for the battleships or aircraft in a conflict even if the Oyamas can fight them.

Wednesday, August 29th 2007, 4:43am

By the mid-40s, I'd expect the Konings would be pretty worn out, they were built during the Great War, after all.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Hrolf Hakonson" (Aug 29th 2007, 2:43pm)

Wednesday, August 29th 2007, 1:59pm

I see your 4 key is still sticking Hrolf!

Wednesday, August 29th 2007, 2:40pm

Quoted

Villar would be reserved for the battleships or aircraft in a conflict even if the Oyamas can fight them.

faster than any battleship currently in Chilean fleet. (subliminal message; build more battleships, build more) and the plan is to keep the ships under the mainland's aircraft protective umbrella. Our fleet in case of war will be defensive in nature.

Also the carrier has not being proven yet as a battleship killer in WW IIRC. Maybe a war in South America could give the lessons the early part of WW2 gave to us.(subliminal message; GO TO WAR! WAR IS GOOD!)

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Aug 29th 2007, 3:35pm)

Wednesday, August 29th 2007, 2:42pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Hrolf Hakonson
By the mid-4440s, I'd expect the Konings would be pretty worn out, they were built during the Great War, after all.

Reserved maybe for coastal duty?

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Wednesday, August 29th 2007, 2:59pm

Razorblades anybody? :D

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Wednesday, August 29th 2007, 4:32pm

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99
Also the carrier has not being proven yet as a battleship killer in WW IIRC. Maybe a war in South America could give the lessons the early part of WW2 gave to us.(subliminal message; GO TO WAR! WAR IS GOOD!)

With the heavier and more modern AA outfits, but with the carriers still lacking all weather capability, muc less night time, the surface ships should fare better.

Wednesday, August 29th 2007, 4:59pm

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99

Quoted

Originally posted by Hrolf Hakonson
By the mid-4440s, I'd expect the Konings would be pretty worn out, they were built during the Great War, after all.

Reserved maybe for coastal duty?

One only has to look at the U.S.S. Arkansas, New York and Texas to see that even old battlewagons still have a use.

Wednesday, August 29th 2007, 6:22pm

Yavuz anyone? ;)

Mexico for one will keep Poseidon untill she sinks or she is so old that Atlantis will pay a good price to get her back as a museum.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Wednesday, August 29th 2007, 7:41pm

Nasty plan! :evil:

So I better keep a Koning berfore Peru tries that trick too.... 8)

Wednesday, August 29th 2007, 8:13pm

Quoted

Originally posted by HoOmAn
Nasty plan! :evil:

So I better keep a Koning berfore Peru tries that trick too.... 8)

Darn! My plan has being foiled! :D

Wednesday, August 29th 2007, 8:33pm

Quoted

Nasty plan!
And one which is historiclly accurate!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_John_Rodgers_(DD-574)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Desertfox" (Aug 29th 2007, 8:34pm)

Wednesday, August 29th 2007, 10:52pm

After reading the story of the Rodgers I can only hope the Konings get heroically blown out of the water. That way I can sell one or both of my Konings back to SAE as museums in the year 2000. :rolleyes:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Aug 29th 2007, 10:53pm)

Thursday, August 30th 2007, 3:19am

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox
Yavuz anyone? ;)

Mexico for one will keep Poseidon untill she sinks or she is so old that Atlantis will pay a good price to get her back as a museum.

I've heard of an indian giver but an indian buyer?!