You are not logged in.

Tuesday, August 14th 2007, 3:35pm

Czechoslovakia.Well that thing's I remember

Keep in mind that I have heavly poland orienteded mindset.All my views of my RL neybour are from that perspective. Reallife friendly(some times not friendly) rivality betwin slav nations is 1000 year's (a millenium) long

Czechoslovakia was a major power in central europe.
In the 30's had large and modern heavy industry.
Its army was in that time equal or above its neybours.
While in 1939 poland maneged to mobilise 1 000 000 strong armend forces, czechoslovakia in 1938 mobilised 2 000 000 strong having about 66% polands population.
Czechoslovakia had more modern and momerous airforce.
Althou its army was less balanced(an infantry devision had no AA defence above HMG in size).
Czech put emphasis on statick defence, its due to terrain it was expected to fight in. The motorized part of the army acted as mobile reserve to plug holes in the line,to be used for harrasing force. Czech tanks were equal or better that contemporery vehicles in other army(well right now 1935 those tipes are only entering production).

Tuesday, August 14th 2007, 3:41pm

Fits with what I know about Czechoslovakia in the 1930s.

Tuesday, August 14th 2007, 3:45pm

Pretty much correct in everything IIRC. Not as powerful as Germany in 1938 but it would have give them a bloody nose and more than a match for Poland.

In 1938 they have four motorized divisions and two fast divisions (their equivalents to Panzer divisions). In WW they have began construction of the Lt-35(1) so their tank force is very well equip by this world standards. Their main problem IMHO is the one of ethnicity, with only a small percentage of their officers and NCO's being from Slovak origin historically and I can't see why here it could be a problem also.

Maybe get in touch with some Slovak secessionists, perhaps. :rolleyes:

(1) the powerful tank now being constructed by the Dutch and the Czechs.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Aug 14th 2007, 3:46pm)