You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, July 17th 2007, 2:40pm

Nordmarkian-German Mutual Defense and Trade Pact

Nordmarkian-German Mutual Defense and Trade Pact

Preamble
The Governments of the Kingdom of Nordmark on the one hand and the Government of the German Reich on the other desirous of strengthening the cause of peace between them and strengthening the political and economic relations between them announce to the World the successful conclusion of negotiations between the above mentioned Parties. This treaty is not directed against any power and contains no commitment in the event of aggressive action on the part of a signatory except for within Europe. The two high contracting parties have confidence that the conclusion of this treaty will reinforce the foundations of peace in Europe.

Part 1 - MUTUAL DEFENSE

ARTICLE I
In virtue of the close cultural relation between the Kingdom of Nordmark and the German Reich, the High Contracting Parties mutually undertake to afford one another military and other assistance and support of all kinds in war, including military action, against any power which attacks a high contracting party in Europe and all those States in Europe which are associated with the aggressor in acts of aggression against any of the high contracting parties.

ARTICLE II
The high contracting parties undertake not to enter into any negotiations with the aggressor or any other government associated with the aggressor that does not clearly renounce all aggression intentions, and not to negotiate or conclude, except by mutual consent, any armistice or peace treaty with aggressor or any other State associated with her in acts of aggression as stated in Article I.

ARTICLE III
The high contracting parties declare their desire to unite with other like-minded States in adopting proposals for common action to preserve peace within Europe.

ARTICLE IV
Should any of the High Contracting Parties become involved in hostilities with a Third Party, with the Third Party been the aggressor, the other High Contracting Party will at once give to the contracting party so involved in hostilities all military and other support and assistance in his power short of direct military action. The other High Contracting Party will also refrain from lending their support to this Third Party.

ARTICLE V
The High Contracting Parties, having regard to the interests of security of each of them in Europe, agree to work together in close and friendly collaboration for the security and economic prosperity in Europe.

ARTICLE VI
The High Contracting Parties agree to render one another all possible economic assistance and to reduce commercial barriers between them.

ARTICLE VII
Each Contracting Party undertakes not to conclude any alliance and not to take part in any coalition directed against the other High Contracting Party.

ARTICLE VIII
The High Contracting Parties agree to share joint naval exercises in the North Sea at least once every two years, with the possibility of more exercises during that period been left open to the discretion of the High Contracting Parties.

PART 2 - TRADE

Article I. The Contracting Powers agree to reduce customs duties between their nations by 40 percent.

Article Ib. In addition to Article I, the Kingdom of Nordmark will further reduce duties on Iron Ore exported to the Republic of Germany by another 10%.

Article Ic. In addition to Article I, the Republic of Germany will further reduce duties on Grain exported to the Kingdom of Nordmark by another 10%.

Article II. The High Contracting Parties shall agree to share technological information mutually beneficial to both nations.

Article III. The Republic of Germany & the Kingdom of Nordmark will both increase Train Ferry services across the Baltic Sea.

PART 3 - NON-COMMERCIAL SERVICES

Article I. The Kingdom of Nordmark and the Republic of Germany agree to protect civilian shipping of the other nation in international waters adjacent to their own territorial waters & all international waters in the Baltic Sea.

Article II. The Kingdom of Nordmark and The Republic of Germany will initiate a program of officer exchanges between military colleges in both countries.

PART 4 - RATIFICATION

ARTICLE I
The present Treaty is subject to ratification in the shortest possible time and instruments of ratification shall be exchanged as soon as possible with a duration of twenty years. This Treaty will renew itself for another twenty years if no further agreements are reached between the High Contracting Party. If after a period of ten years has past one of the High Contracting Parties desires to terminate this Treaty, the Party desiring to terminate shall announce their intention to do so one year before their desired date for the abrogation of the Treaty.

It comes into force immediately on the exchange of instruments of ratification.

In witness whereof the above-named plenipotentiaries have signed the present treaty and have affixed thereto their seals.

Done in Berlin, in the Nordmarchian and German languages, on this date, December 14th 1934.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Hrolf Hakonson" (Nov 28th 2007, 2:36pm)