You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, October 20th 2003, 10:23pm

Guess the ship

http://www.geocities.com/red_admiral_italy/carrier01.html

Dimensions, tonnage, airgroup? And what do you think of the drawing?

The scale is in metres, BTW.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Tuesday, October 21st 2003, 12:31am

Interesting

Nice drawing, RA. She looks much like modern russion carriers build 1985 or even later except for her guns.

Before guessing her stats I´d like to know if her flight deck extends beyond her beam. It´s most likely because otherwise you might have problems with your elevators. The question now is by which margin and without that one can hardly guess her tonnage and thus her capabilities I think.

Anyway, keep it coming...

HoOmAn

olekit

Unregistered

Tuesday, October 21st 2003, 11:08am

It looks like an "Admiral Kuznetsov" heavy aircraft cruiser

But the lasi is without AA guns turrets.

Tuesday, October 21st 2003, 1:46pm

hmmm

The link dosn't work for me unfortunately.

Tuesday, October 21st 2003, 2:26pm

The flight deck overhangs by 2.35m at her maximum beam. Is this figure realistic?

The Admiral Kuznetsov is definately the main influence in my drawing. My ship lacks radar and nuclear power.

Tuesday, October 21st 2003, 3:13pm

Quoted

The Admiral Kuznetsov is definately the main influence in my drawing. My ship lacks radar and nuclear power.

And the angled flight deck.

But she does look good, if I do say so myself!