You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, May 22nd 2007, 1:32pm

Alliance Room Request

Hey, can we get an ABC only room? I know we have the ABS one for the fun little adventure that'll involve our South African friends, but it'd be cool to have something so we can talk amongst ourselves.

Tuesday, May 22nd 2007, 5:06pm

Might be a good idea if we have loads to discuss. Easier than swapping PMs all the time and filling up inboxes.

BTW, are you re-taking over Brazil full time or standing in while Swampy is absent?

Tuesday, May 22nd 2007, 5:12pm

I don't know, I'll have to discuss it with Swampy. He might want to have the Philipines again now that it's free.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Tuesday, May 22nd 2007, 6:07pm

Problem is that this will force me to re-work the current user groups which will take some time.

I cannot set up a room and allow individual users to join. Rights to read and answer can only be granted to user groups. Hence I need to specify a user group for every room and add the users necessary. However, I can only specify one user group per user. So when a user (i.e. Brazil) is meant to be part of two groups (i.e. ABS and ABC room) Houston has a problem.

The only way to work around this is to add a user group for every individual user and set the rights for him individually. At least that´s the only way I currently am aware of. And I´m not going to do that if not really necessary.

Any proposals?

Tuesday, May 22nd 2007, 6:25pm

Well, I was going to suggest the ABS group be used for the ABC group, but you're in it and that would make things weird. But, since you're an admin, can't you view the ABS page anyway?

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Tuesday, May 22nd 2007, 6:29pm

Yep, I can read everything anyway...

Tuesday, May 22nd 2007, 6:59pm

Well, mask me, Hood, and Ithekro for both rooms and you can look in on the ABS room whenever there's something to see.

Monday, June 4th 2007, 12:19am

If Fyrwulf can handle Brazil full-time that's fine with me, if he can't I can try to handle it.