You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, May 18th 2007, 3:45pm

Two weeks off

I'll be leaving on vacation next Saturday (the 26th) and won't be back on-line for good until probably the 10th of June. I'll probably have limited access for a bit around the 4-6th, but no promises.

Friday, May 18th 2007, 4:43pm

Enjoy your vacation!

Friday, May 18th 2007, 7:14pm

I expect that will depend a bit on what the weather's like up in Jasper and Banff, which are some of the places we're going. But at least I won't be in the office!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Hrolf Hakonson" (May 18th 2007, 7:14pm)

Friday, May 18th 2007, 7:57pm

Jasper and Banff?!? Hell, if you want to do some things there, I advice you to take an extra two weeks off. I should know as I have been in there quite a few times now. :)
... so how are you going to get there? Bus? Car? Motorhome (rental/own)?

Friday, May 18th 2007, 8:39pm

I'm guessing you don't mean Banff in Scotland....

Have fun.

Friday, May 18th 2007, 8:55pm

Well, I guess that the formula Hrolf + Minnesota + Jasper & Banff = Jasper + Banff National Parks in Canada.
... of course I could be wrong...

Friday, May 18th 2007, 9:59pm

Heh, no, you'd be right, Banff Canada. I'm driving up with the camper trailer on behind, going to stop at the Royal Tyrell Museum on the way, then work our way back down to Waterton Lakes and back into the States, see Glacier, etc. I've got a 3-year old along, so we're not going to be doing any long-distance backpacking this trip.

Friday, May 18th 2007, 10:47pm

Plenty of short range things to do in the parks while taking a 3-year old along...
... things to do Japanese-style which is: 1) get out of the bus 2) run to the viewpoint 3) take pictures 4) run back and get into the bus 5) move to next location. :D

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Friday, May 18th 2007, 11:16pm

Finally, I can send my tired soldiers on furlough to Germany !

Dang, I posted that outloud didn't I? Hmm, it might not matter...

Edit: There, that's better and sure to avoid incident. Now to fill out 800,000 furloughs...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kaiser Kirk" (May 19th 2007, 2:16am)

Friday, May 18th 2007, 11:17pm

Quick! Edit the post while you still can! :D

Friday, May 18th 2007, 11:18pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Kaiser Kirk
Finally, I can invade Germany !

Dang, I posted that outloud didn't I? Hmm, it might not matter...

Harrumph!

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Saturday, May 19th 2007, 2:16am

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
Quick! Edit the post while you still can! :D

As always, the advice of Japan is priceless !

Saturday, May 19th 2007, 10:42am

Quoted

Originally posted by Hrolf Hakonson
Heh, no, you'd be right, Banff Canada. I'm driving up with the camper trailer on behind, going to stop at the Royal Tyrell Museum on the way, then work our way back down to Waterton Lakes and back into the States, see Glacier, etc. I've got a 3-year old along, so we're not going to be doing any long-distance backpacking this trip.

I don't know, put 3-year-old in backpack, travel long distance...

I could tell you what the weather's like in Banff, Scotland, seeing as it's an hour's drive from me, but I can only assume Banff, Canada has better. Enjoy.

Saturday, May 19th 2007, 12:39pm

Quoted

Originally posted by RLBH

Quoted

Originally posted by Hrolf Hakonson

I don't know, put 3-year-old in backpack, travel long distance...

I could tell you what the weather's like in Banff, Scotland, seeing as it's an hour's drive from me, but I can only assume Banff, Canada has better. Enjoy.

Hah, not this three year old, she's much more into doing her own walking than having someone else carry her.

Saturday, May 19th 2007, 12:56pm

Just keep very close to her, especially when you visit stuff like the Johnston Canyon and the Athabasca Glacier.

Saturday, May 19th 2007, 1:11pm

Yep, that's the plan. Same thing as when we went to Yellowstone.

Saturday, June 9th 2007, 1:24pm

OK, Germany's back...... :)

Saturday, June 9th 2007, 1:42pm

Good to have you back. No casualties?

Saturday, June 9th 2007, 3:53pm

No casualties. The little one walked up to and on Athabasca Glacier, looked up at Mount Robson, floated in the hot springs at Banff, etc, and generally had a good time. :)

Saturday, June 9th 2007, 4:07pm

So no mosquito bites either. Really nasty when they bite you. Quick, squash that mosquito!!

O_O
Whoops. Wrong Mosquito. :D