You are not logged in.

Sunday, May 13th 2007, 4:53pm

Wass zum Teufel????

Alles auf diese Webseite ist jetz in Deutsch? Wass ist denn loss, Stephan??? :)
.. not that I have a problem with all the German text but I guess some of the other international visitors might have a problem with it. :D

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Rooijen10" (May 13th 2007, 4:55pm)

Sunday, May 13th 2007, 5:55pm

Nu Inteleg!?!?!

Romanian I can read slightly, German not a chance. Clicking and hoping got me to be able to reply, Also, the PM box has dropped back to the bottom of the page

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Sunday, May 13th 2007, 5:57pm

Reason is...

Well, Testpilot worked a bit on the board to make it less easy for hackers to be successful. Problem is that Woltlab Lite is an open book to anybody halfway informed (it took us only a mere 30secs to hack the board) and we don´t want some script kiddie to delete all the stuff or steal the sever. Might be that the "all german" happened during the process. I´ll check if it can be changed again. Might take a day or two....

(The ship drawing tool will be added later again too.)

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Sunday, May 13th 2007, 5:57pm

Ich spreche nur ein bisschen Duestch.
I would have substantial difficulties if the entire forums continue in this format. There's that lack of certain german characters- like umlauts, and the poor comprehension of proper grammer and tense formats, and spelling, limited vocabulary....

edit: The above was intended to be humor based on the idea of having to post in german :)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kaiser Kirk" (May 13th 2007, 8:38pm)

Sunday, May 13th 2007, 6:03pm

I have no problem with the German on the board (or the PM box at the bottom), but for some reason I have a hard time to concentrate on the things on the board now that part of it is in German.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rooijen10" (May 13th 2007, 6:04pm)

HoOmAn

Sunday, May 13th 2007, 6:14pm

The question is: What´s better? A hacked or a german board? And no - it´s not the same!!!! 8)

Seriously, I understand all the confusion but there´s hardly anything that can be done in this very moment. Testpilot will work on the raised points when he´s back home (from mothersday) in a few hours....

Sunday, May 13th 2007, 6:37pm

I think it's easy enough to work around the problem for now.

Sunday, May 13th 2007, 8:17pm

Half the board's always been in German for me anyway. I've managed to muddle through. <<

Sunday, May 13th 2007, 8:24pm

I hadn't actually noticed since the style is the same as before.

Sunday, May 13th 2007, 8:27pm

Yay!!! Not failing high school German twenty years ago finally pays off!!!

Monday, May 14th 2007, 4:31am

There's German on this board? Where?

Btw, it's "Was zum Teufel?" The double S is only used in certain words and a few years ago displaced the esset in words over a certain length. The best example I can think of is that scheiBe, the German word for shit, had its spelling changed to scheisse. "Was" was never spelled with an esset, thus it is spelled with a single S.

Monday, May 14th 2007, 7:02am

Oh that's just dandy!!! I go and struggle through German class with the teacher from hell and you guys go and change the freaking language! I knew I should have taken Latin instead. X(

Monday, May 14th 2007, 8:40am

Quoted

Btw, it's "Was zum Teufel?"

It is and normally I check the message for errors... but did not do it in this case.

Quoted

The double S is only used in certain words and a few years ago displaced the esset in words over a certain length.

Unfortunately for the Germans, I did not learn my German in the last few years. I learned it a good 15 years ago. However when I type German, I usually ignore the 'B' and type 'ss'.

Quoted

I go and struggle through German class with the teacher from hell and you guys go and change the freaking language!

I think there have been two minor waves of changes in the Dutch language since I left school. Never paid any attention to those changes.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rooijen10" (May 14th 2007, 8:41am)

HoOmAn

Monday, May 14th 2007, 11:06am

Well, even I do not really take care of the changes except there is some logic behind. I type like I learnt in school which was several years before the so-called "Rechtschreibreform" (official update of spelling rules - there is no word for it in english, speaking volumes about its value :evil: ). I always thought a language should develope naturally with minor modifications over the years....

Anyway, the board should be in english again. Is that correct? PMs and drawing tool will be modified later as it needs an adjustment of the underlaying template. You may need to get used to the current format for a few days. Sorry for that.

HoOmAn

Monday, May 14th 2007, 1:57pm

Yup seems to be in english again.

Monday, May 14th 2007, 3:15pm

Quoted

Originally posted by CanisD
Oh that's just dandy!!! I go and struggle through German class with the teacher from hell and you guys go and change the freaking language!

Hey, it wasn't me. Unlike you I flunked out of German, I just remember some and I heard about the changes after I'd flunked out.

Quoted

I knew I should have taken Latin instead. X(

Probably.

Monday, May 14th 2007, 9:02pm

Well at least Latin won't change on you.

I've still hear that English is one of the harder languages to master. Mainly because of all the rules and exceptions to its own rules. How do you have a germanic language that used romantic style word usage and then drops half os it because half the worlds that were once used have been eliminated from the vocabulary?