You are not logged in.

Monday, September 3rd 2007, 5:43pm

I'd say theres no Hurricanes in Vancouver but by this time I'm expecting one of you loons to dig up some records to make me eat my words!!

Monday, September 3rd 2007, 6:09pm

As a matter of fact... There's Hurricane Grill...
:D
And no doubt that the Carolina Hurricanes occasionally terrorize Vancouver as well...

Monday, September 3rd 2007, 6:23pm

Hey thats a new place, though I don't get into North Vancouver much. Weird when a Dutchmen is showing me a new place to eat in my own city!

As for the Carolina Hurricanes, we occasionally "knock the wind out of em". Currently though the Canucks are getting the wind knocked out of them for their new hockey jerseys. Yet another uniform change....

Monday, September 3rd 2007, 10:33pm

That's if it gets here. Lately there's been plenty of nasty looking clouds, lightning and hot air, but hardly any rain. Yes here in AZ you actully look foward to seeing a hurricane.

Monday, September 10th 2007, 2:38am

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox
Im telling you, Arizona is the place to be, no hurricanes, no earthquakes, no tornadoes, no natural disasters at all.

Heh, I used to know of a weatherwise chap from Sierra Vista - with dust devils the size of tornadoes, who needs the twisters? 8o

And remember that there are still potentially-active volcanoes over there too!

Monday, September 10th 2007, 3:25am

I still say California. Nice weather for the most part. Earthquakes are nothing to worry about really if you live inland a little bit, plus unlike all your weather related problems, earthquakes of a size to really hurt anything are rather uncommon and don't come every season. I've been through one major earthquake in the San Francisco Area. Yes there was a lot of damage and lives lost to the west, but where I was, the room shook for 17 seconds and that was it. Nothing else happened. No real damage.