You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, March 9th 2007, 8:12pm

Noticias desde Mexico 1934

February

An explosion has rocked Mexico's largest oil refinery. Army units including the 1st Armored Cavalry have been deployed to safeguard further oil installations as it is feared that the explosion has been a result of rebel action. As it is not known at this time how much was damaged, the Goverment has placed an embargo on all oil exports untill the extent of the damage is known.

Friday, March 9th 2007, 8:38pm

OOC:

Got to keep the Filippinos away from the derricks, the Mexicans should know that by now. :D

Friday, March 9th 2007, 8:56pm

But the man just wanted to "fumar un cigarro" how could the Mexicans tell he was Filipino? :D

Friday, March 9th 2007, 9:50pm

Quoted

the Goverment has placed an embargo on all oil exports untill the extent of the damage is known.

Thats sure to inconveniance a few countries.

An Armoured Cavalry regiment? Mexico???

Friday, March 9th 2007, 10:38pm

I would think that Mexico's Armored Brigade would look like this...
(not sure if the picture will work)

http://www.markchurms.com/Merchant2/grap…nnockburn-l.jpg
Mexico's Armored Cavalry Regiment charging the rebel defensive position.
:)

Friday, March 9th 2007, 11:08pm

Quoted

Thats sure to inconveniance a few countries.
Exacly...

Quoted

An Armoured Cavalry regiment? Mexico???
Around 30 AT-27 Tanks, a few self propelled 75mm guns, and a whole bunch of cavalry.

Friday, March 9th 2007, 11:15pm

Canadian Armoured Cavalry...

Remember, Mountie beats Ninja! ...unless you shoot them in the hat. Then they have to go home and get another one before continuing the fight...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ShinRa_Inc" (Mar 9th 2007, 11:16pm)

Friday, March 9th 2007, 11:25pm

The 1st Armored cavalry Regiment:

:D

Friday, March 9th 2007, 11:29pm

Quoted

Canadian Armoured Cavalry...

Oh no! The dreaded red-armored Knights of the North!! :D

Quoted

Remember, Mountie beats Ninja! ...unless you shoot them in the hat.

... or use gas... (from the old guy riding at the front)
Naturally, Takeda Cavaly beats Mountie.
... unless the Mounties use the Oda arquebuses in which case the Red Warriors of the North will anihilate the Takeda Cavalry.

Friday, March 9th 2007, 11:46pm

...just remember, you kill a Mountie, and they'll hunt you to the ends of the Earth.
or at least Chicago. And then never leave...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ShinRa_Inc" (Mar 9th 2007, 11:46pm)

Friday, March 9th 2007, 11:59pm

Good thing I'm not playing the US. I pitty the fool who's stuck between a Villa and a Mountie. :)

Saturday, March 10th 2007, 12:05am

"I talked to the Super at your last job. He suggested transferring you further north."
"Well, that would put me in Russia, sir."

...rut roh

Monday, March 19th 2007, 10:39pm

March 1st

Investigations have show the damage to be less extensive that previously tought. However production from the refinery will be reduced by 50%. A partial oil embargo will remain in effect untill the refinery can be repaired. The Goverment has also taken the popualr initiative to nationalize a number of the oil refineries and fields in foriegn hands. (historical but a bit early and less extensive)

OOC Exports to NATO, the Dutch, South Africans, Filipinos, and Indians will not be affected too much. Most European and South American countries will see a substatial drop in exports, Italy, Iberia, Peru, and Japan will not see a drop of Mexican oil. Brazil?...depends.

Nationalization will only affect Italian, Iberian, and Japanese companies. Royal Dutch might also be affected.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Desertfox" (Mar 19th 2007, 10:41pm)

Monday, March 19th 2007, 11:05pm

Quoted

Most European and South American countries will see a substatial drop in exports, Italy, Iberia, Peru, and Japan will not see a drop of Mexican oil.

Japan is confused as it has never received any Mexican Oil in the past.
(... meaning the oil the Mexicans believed they were sending to Japan ended up somewhere else (Harlock?))
:)

Monday, March 19th 2007, 11:12pm

Why would Italy buy oil from Mexico when it has masses of the stuff flowing out of Libya which it is selling to most of Europe?

Less production in Mexico means prices go up which means Italy gets richer :D

I'm wondering on the "retaliation" front; is having the Pope excommunicate Mexico and Mexicans a step too far? Maybe just some brutal "shaving accidents" :)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Red Admiral" (Mar 19th 2007, 11:18pm)

Tuesday, March 20th 2007, 10:07am

Looks like that "message" the Italians/Iberians and Japanese decided to send Mexico via gunboat diplomacy was recieved and the reply was sent.

Tuesday, March 20th 2007, 10:21am

What "message"?

This is simply even more proof of Nato's bully-boy tactics and the mental instability of Mexico's leadership.

Tuesday, March 20th 2007, 11:19am

The "message" via exercises in the caribbean of course...a message that was noticed by others in the region not so fond of the fact that nations such as Italy feel the need to prevoke further hostility's in the region.

As for NATO bullying via oil embargo's I don't see other NATO country's cutting itheir own oil supplys to other nations, I doubt Italy buys oil from Atlantis either anyway.....

Tuesday, March 20th 2007, 12:52pm

Quoted

The "message" via exercises in the caribbean of course...

Actually I was thinking of something else when you mentioned "message." Something that happened before the exercise.

Quoted

I doubt Italy buys oil from Atlantis either anyway.....

One has to be crazy to buy oil from the Enemy.

Tuesday, March 20th 2007, 3:03pm

So I guess OTL US is crazy then...

Considering Mexico is #1 Oil exporter (with US and the Dutch 2nd and 3rd) Im pretty sure Japan and Italy get some if not all their oil from Mexico.

Quoted

I'm wondering on the "retaliation" front; is having the Pope excommunicate Mexico and Mexicans a step too far? Maybe just some brutal "shaving accidents"
That would fit in perfectly, after all Mexico has just fought a war against Catholic Rebels, and executed a number of priests. Martyrs? As for "shaving accidents"...