You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, February 19th 2007, 12:32am

Brazil Q1/34

1 January
Rio Reporter

The Emperor has appointed the Honourable Alexanjro Teasdale, formerly of the Imperial Senate, to act as the Interim Administrator of the 'Bolivian Occupied Areas' pending possible action by the League of Nations on the Bolivian area.

In other news, the Marina Imperial has reached an agreement for the licensing of several Japanese river patrol boat designs...

3 January
Urgent message from 4th Army CinC to Exército HQ

"44th Division stopped 5km south-east of Trinidad, Bolivia by forces flying flag of 'Santa Cruz de la Sierra Republic'. Report moderate losses and request reinforcements."

--------

The flag in question:

"...and our final player, Charlie Foxtrot."

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Swamphen" (Feb 19th 2007, 2:37am)

Monday, February 19th 2007, 12:38am

Ummm abit early considering we haven't started 1934 yet?

Monday, February 19th 2007, 12:41am

There's definately some big news afoot that will technically be dated to Q3. Some patience is advised. (:

Monday, February 19th 2007, 12:45am

Might be a little early

But when the muse boots you in the behind, you post...

Monday, February 19th 2007, 12:52am

I disagree. The way things move already it would be January in regard to the negotiations to end the war. For example the discussion about Japanese presence. Any discussion in regard to that is happening in January 1934 in WW due to the announcement being made on December 31st 1933.

But I can see the decision of the meeting in the Bahamas during July will arrive pretty soon. As long as it means troops for Bolivia I will be happy.

Monday, February 19th 2007, 12:54am

RE: Might be a little early

Quoted

Originally posted by Swamphen

Unfortunately, one of the key participants is off skiing this weekend, so we've been somewhat stuck. :\

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99
But I can see the decision of the meeting in the Bahamas during July will arrive pretty soon.

And what's coming from the Bermuda Conferance will likely have a sizable effect on what's being discussed about Boliva.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ShinRa_Inc" (Feb 19th 2007, 12:56am)

Monday, February 19th 2007, 12:57am

Quoted

Originally posted by ShinRa_Inc

Quoted

Unfortunately, one of the key participants is off skiing this weekend, so we've been somewhat stuck. :\

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99
But I can see the decision of the meeting in the Bahamas during July will arrive pretty soon.

And what's coming from the Bermuda Conferance will likely have a sizable effect on what's being discussed about Boliva.

Can't wait. Politics at work. I guess I can hold everything up until the news of the past arrive. :D

Monday, February 19th 2007, 3:47am

Quoted

Sorry it seems more like someone is trying to dictate the events in South America! We haven't even let the news in Q4 play out yet and as Shinra has already stated the Bermuda conference will have some effect on South American politics.

Monday, February 19th 2007, 4:27am

Quoted

Sorry it seems more like someone is trying to dictate the events in South America!

Sorry 'bout that, didn't mean to give that impression. :( If I'd remembered about the conference I'd have waited.

Thursday, March 1st 2007, 9:58pm

5 January
Rio Reporter

In the usual start-of-year contract release a number of new items for the military stand out.

After acrimonious debate both within headquarters and, reportedly, among the diplomatic corps, the Emperor has used an Imperial Statement to resolve the controversy over the Navy's new light cruiser order. Originally intended to be a homogenous batch of four vessels, the type will now be split two each among the Senate-favoured indiginous design and the Navy-favoured Japanese submission that won the MI's design contest for the type. The ships will be built on an I+J+I+J basis with the Japanese type being built under license, the fee added to the previously announced license for river patrol boats. After the four vessels are in service and evaluated one or the other type will be used as a basis for future cruisers.

The Senate has expressed continued concerns over the MI's sourcing of designs from Japanese companies, noting the 'curious activites' of that nation with regard to the recent Mexican-captured 'pirate carrier' and the 'convienent' loss of the identical Hosho, among other issues, and the diplomatic firestorm that has erupted among the American powers over Japan's 'peace keeping' offers for Bolivia.

Meanwhile the Air Force issued additional contracts for German transport aircraft, with the Junkers Ju 52/3m and Focke-Wulf Fw 58 seeing their exsisting orders doubled in number (to 72 and 48, respectivly). In addition, additional Ju 52/3m aircraft will be constructed under licence at the Sienar Fleet Systems plant, the EMBRAER facility currently running at capacity constructing I-100 fighters and EMB-34 bombers (the latter to enter service this spring), and tooling up for production of the EMB-35 attack aircraft.

All is not roses for EMBRAER, however, as the final 36 EMB-32 "recon fighter" aircraft contracted for have been cancelled. The aircraft has proven to be a dissipointing performer in service, being grossly inferior in speed to most modern fighter and many attack aircraft, and lacking maneuverability compared to the older biplane types encountered in Bolivia. Adding to the sting is that the 36-aircraft contract was transferred to SFS, added to the exsisting 12-aircraft order for the V-23, licensed Grumman G-23 biplane, which is in fact superior in speed performance to the EMB-32. Approval of an export license for the EMB-32 to the Irish Air Corps must be only a small consolation.

EMBRAER did receive a contract, along with the German Heinkel company, for the acquistion of eight He 70K fast recon aircraft. The aircraft will be shipped from Germany without engines, which hithero on the type have been liquid-cooled inlines; EMBRAER will install their licensed Gnome-Rhone radials on them upon delivery.

Heinkel also received a contract for thirty-six He 59D-1 trainer/search-and-rescue seaplanes. Contracts were also awarded for transport aircraft to American companies, with 24 Lockheed Model 10s, 24 Douglas DC-3s, and 7 Beechcraft Model 17s being ordered.

Reportedly the Army had enquired as to the possibility of acquiring a quantity of the recently annouced Russian 14mm anti-tank/anti-aircraft weapons, only to have an export license denied due to concerns over Bolivia. The Foreign Ministry declined to comment.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Swamphen" (Mar 1st 2007, 10:03pm)

Friday, March 2nd 2007, 2:47am

[Um, did Empress Isabella II die and I didn't notice it?]

Friday, March 2nd 2007, 3:28am

That could acctually work, it would explain Brazils absence before Swampy took over. A sudden Illness or assassination perhaps?, (the latter is too common in WW).

Friday, March 2nd 2007, 3:46am

That would be a logical IC explanation...

(the OOC explanation would be that I didn't think to look to see who had been in charge...and steering Brazil as The Empire than The Emperor was the logical choice.)

(Unless 'Isabella' = 'Isard' - naaaahhhh....)

Friday, March 2nd 2007, 3:54am

Empress consort

Ah..storylines...plots within plots, that is how the Emperor's mind works.

Marching to a constant drummer...thousands of black and white armored soildiers moving on Santa Cruz....

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Ithekro" (Mar 2nd 2007, 3:55am)

Friday, March 2nd 2007, 6:05am

Quoted

(Unless 'Isabella' = 'Isard' - naaaahhhh....)

..Armand or Ysanne?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ShinRa_Inc" (Mar 2nd 2007, 6:05am)

Friday, March 2nd 2007, 6:06am

I'd say Ysanne if it is to be Empress.

Friday, March 2nd 2007, 6:17am

You can't make her Empress. She's holding the throne for someone else... :B

Friday, March 2nd 2007, 6:53am

Perhaps we're dealing with a he/she here.

Friday, March 2nd 2007, 3:43pm

This is Brazil, not Japan, Walter. :P

Friday, March 2nd 2007, 5:07pm

Should be noted that:
Hermes + Aphrodite = Hermaphroditus
... and they come from Greek mythology so shouldn't it be: "This is Brazil, not Greece". :)
The Empire of Japan cannot be held responsible for the condition of Brazil's Emperatoress. :D