You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, February 24th 2007, 1:10am

US entry was changed to a DC-3

Updated Brazilian entry:

EMBRAER EMB-35 (Força Aérea Brasileira)

Pilot, Capitão Ru Murleen
Navigator, Segundo-Tenente Bren Derlin

Sienar V-19 (Company entry)

Pilot, Lorth Needa
Navigator, Amise Griff

Saturday, February 24th 2007, 1:18am

RE: Just to be a screwball...

Already posted Canada's entries...

Quoted

Originally posted by ShinRa_Inc
The Dominion of Canada is considering submitting the Airship Pegasus, pending evaluation of her acceptance trials.

Another consideration will be a prototype Avro Canada CB-100 "Buzzard" (A development of the CT-100 "Gelnika" with a streamlined and reduced fuseluage, intended as a Multirole (Recon/Bomber), long-range aircraft).

And Canis revised his entry to be a DC-3

Saturday, February 24th 2007, 1:26am

Quoted

Beware! With that plane Manzo´s next landing will include a big BANG!

Whoops! Forgot to remove the bombs!! :D
Guess he'll be making a big impact then.

Saturday, February 24th 2007, 1:27am

Ah! Missed those.

The airship wont be allowed, hmm maybe I should add a category for zeppelins.

Saturday, February 24th 2007, 1:37am

Sure, why not? Makes things more interesting... with Manzo around.

Saturday, February 24th 2007, 1:44am

Just make sure he doesn't have a Filipino copilot, or that he goes near the Philipines, or else they'll find the G3M ashes in Brazil. :D

Saturday, February 24th 2007, 1:47am

Denmark's entry.....

a pair of these.......

Saturday, February 24th 2007, 3:12am

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox
Rules are simple:
No limit to the size of aircraft or power, no limit to crew size

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox

The airship wont be allowed

...Silly rules (or lack thereof) are afoot!

Saturday, February 24th 2007, 4:51am

how come nobody is giving aircraft data?

Saturday, February 24th 2007, 5:01am

Chile has no aircraft with sufficient range to participate in this race.

Saturday, February 24th 2007, 5:17am

Quoted

Originally posted by Salaam86

Some are historical aircraft, perhaps with only minor modifications.

Others (like myself), have nil capability for producing aircraft stats other than making up random numbers (:

Saturday, February 24th 2007, 5:43am

i have excellent plane builder skills.

i could design and post a cutting edge fighter design. so...i mean. if theres no rules what makes it fair?

Saturday, February 24th 2007, 6:07am

We're mostly pretty good at keeping things fair, and not-too-far-advanced.

Ususally, if something's considered a 'bit much', enough people will say so, and it'll be dropped.

In extreme cases, we do have moderators here who'd make a final decision.

Saturday, February 24th 2007, 6:19am

What's fair game in this situation?

I'd kind of like to enter my experimental fighter.

so whats fair??
x1 2,055 HP engine?

Saturday, February 24th 2007, 7:42am

I'd say half that output per engine, 800 - 1,000 hp, and thats pushing it. Historical engines are still the best guide available to us.

To get the 2,055 hp required you'd have to use 2, likely three engines.

Atlantis is currently up to the 900hp range for fighter engines, with a 1,000 hp engine in developement, both for extreme designs.

Saturday, February 24th 2007, 9:13am

The Allison V-1710 is rated at around 1000 hp and is just starting to appear. Historically development began in 1930 but was slowed by the depression. No depression and a strong desire to improve aircraft based on Cordoba results, etc... has sped its development. The XB-15 has four of them and they are likely to be on several of the new Army fighters under testing. The Navy is sticking with Cyclone and Wasp radials except for airships, which will use a modified V-1710 as was planned historically. Airship-based planes may use the V-1710 as well.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Saturday, February 24th 2007, 9:29am

Quoted

Originally posted by Salaam86

In my case the Fokker XXXVI is the historical airliner developed for pretty much this route. So I did not think stats were needed. Given the reliability, rough-field capability, durability, decent cruise speed etc, she should provide a decent performance, even if not the winner.

As for the Fokker T.V, I didn't provide stats as they are in the Netherlands Encyclopedia. It's a fast medium bomber just entering service.

Saturday, February 24th 2007, 10:13am

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
I'd say half that output per engine, 800 - 1,000 hp, and thats pushing it. Historical engines are still the best guide available to us.

To get the 2,055 hp required you'd have to use 2, likely three engines.

Atlantis is currently up to the 900hp range for fighter engines, with a 1,000 hp engine in developement, both for extreme designs.

I thought you said as long as it was within 5 years of development?

Saturday, February 24th 2007, 10:47am

Yes I did, I also said 5 years is an extreme, Hoo's eldued to something more like 3 years.

For example if its 1933 you can technically base your design on a 1936/8 aircraft design. I'm more and more inclined to agree with Hoo on the 3 year max rule though.

This is basically a "gentlmans rule".

Saturday, February 24th 2007, 11:28am

Quoted

Italy:
Savoia-Marchetti 79quater

Magni-Jona J.10

The Magni-Jona J.10 won't be entered. It represents too much of an investment for the company to risk losing.

The modified SM.79 is a competitive entry but I might expect a prang on take-off...

For aircraft rules, I'd more take anything "reasonable" rather than +3/5 yrs

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Red Admiral" (Feb 24th 2007, 11:30am)