You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, February 14th 2007, 8:52pm

Iberian News Summary 1933

January
7th - The keels of the first 2 units of the Hercules class sea-lift vessels are to be laid down this month in Trieste. 2 more units will be laid down in Iberian yards during July

February
3rd - The first of this years I.C.E. projects has broken ground at Tarifa and Ceuta. Construction is expected to take about 12 months to complete.

March
1st - TOP SECRET - EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATLEY - ALL IBERIAN FORCES INVOLVED IN ACTION IN PERU / BOLIVIA ARE NOW MEMBERS OF " Cuerpo de Voluntarios Iberianos " - FOR OPERATIONAL REASONS ALL NATIONAL INSIGNIA IS TO BE REMOVED OR POINTED OVER - INFORM ALLIED COMMAND IMMEDIATELY - TOP SECRET

April
5th - The Ejercito and the Fuerza Aerea has placed an order for 60 and 24 (respectively) of D.A.F. Iberia's new transport aircraft, the D.I. 1, named the "Daedalus". The design shows that the company has learned from the licensed production of the Danish Rohrbach "Roterra", and the new aircraft is a significant improvement on that design.

May
7th - Planning has started for Project Tapón been finalised. I.C.E. are to commence construction in January 1934.

June
17th - The Ejercito and the Fuerza Aerea has announced the purchase of 48 and 24 (respectively) of Cierva-D.A.F's CD-1, for use in the vip transport and liaison roles. The Armada has also purchased 6 of the type for evaluation aboard the carriers.

July
10th - Reports have reached Fuerza Aerea headquarters of the bombing of Cochabamba in Bolivia. An immediate investigation is being launched by the Military Police in theatre, until such time as members of the Judge Advocate General's office can take over.

August
1st - The Spanish Foreign Legion are to send a Bandera to Peru to join the C.V.I., hey should arrive in theatre towards the end of this month.

September
15th - The quarterly Foreign Affairs debriefing for the Ministry of Defence was winding down, and the situation in the various operational areas had all been covered. The group of military men and diplomats were just getting ready to leave.
"Just one last point Gentlemen," called the Minister for Foreign Affairs, "The J.A.G. officers investigating Cochabamba incident are due to present their report next week, and I don't have to remind you of the official line until we release the report for publication".
Almost as one the group replied, "We have no comment until after the report of the Judge Advocate General, as to do otherwise would diminish the seriousness of the situation", but there was no mirth in their voices, more tones of exasperation.
"Anyone would think that you had all practiced that!" the Minister said, grimacing as he thought of the number of reporters who had been living in his pockets over the last 2 months. "Anyway, you might like to know that the Indians are one of the few nations not using this as a opportunity to score points, makes a refreshing change compared to the others, does it not?"

October
30th - Extract from the War Memoirs of General Mola. "The Peruvians have informed us that the Brazilians are to enter the Bolivian campaign in January. I expect, or should I say hope, to have some discussions with them before then so as to prevent any unwanted incidents, I am fully aware of the feelings most of the locals have towards us."

November
15th - Note to Head of Procurement, Fuerza Aerea. We have heard good things about the 2 new fighters the Germans are developing, it may be worth approaching them to see if they are willing to consider sales. Also, could you talk to the Danes about the new light bomber, looks good." Signed, De La Salle, Fighter Command.

December
8th  Well, well, well. Now this is interesting! The Minister read the note again, just to be sure he wasn't seeing things. "This is going to have to be handled very delicately indeed!

Wednesday, February 14th 2007, 9:01pm

Quoted

"Anyway, you might like to know that the Indians are one of the few nations not using this as a opportunity to score points, makes a refreshing change compared to the others, does it not?"

"People in glass houses should throw no stones..."

Wednesday, February 14th 2007, 9:14pm

Excellent news Mac. Good to see what is happening in Denmark and Iberia.

Wednesday, February 14th 2007, 9:18pm

Quoted

Originally posted by The Rock Doctor

Quoted

"Anyway, you might like to know that the Indians are one of the few nations not using this as a opportunity to score points, makes a refreshing change compared to the others, does it not?"

"People in glass houses should throw no stones..."

Exactly, hence the Iberian "Doff of the Cap" to India!

Wednesday, February 14th 2007, 9:18pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Red Admiral
Excellent news Mac. Good to see what is happening in Denmark and Iberia.

Just sorry it took so long to get caught up, but at least I'm ready to fall behind again ;-)

Wednesday, February 14th 2007, 9:20pm

There's the spirit.

Just let me express my disappointment that Iberia lacks something like Denmark's Project Octopus; now what are the Mexicans supposed to get paranoid over?

Wednesday, February 14th 2007, 9:28pm

Project Tapon!

Monday, February 26th 2007, 1:43am