You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, February 12th 2007, 11:18pm

Brazil Q4

late October
Foreign Ministry comminque to Ministry of War

"Have arranged deal with Peru, Peru agrees neutrality in event of conflict between the Empire and Atlantis, Argentina or SAE. As per our discussion reprociated only with regards to our neutrality vis-a-vis Peru vs Atlantis or Colombia."

1 November
Orders from Exército HQ to 4th Army HQ, Porto Velho

"Begin preliminary mobilisation of 4th Army. Full mobilisation dependent on diplomatic work underway with Argentina, Chile and Peru"

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Swamphen" (Feb 12th 2007, 11:21pm)

Monday, February 12th 2007, 11:33pm

[I did mention that I was happy that I'm no longer running Peru, and that Germany has no actual holdings in South America, right?]

:)

Monday, February 12th 2007, 11:55pm

Hey, when there's a war I think Italy will be selling arms to all sides. Have yet to break into the Bolivian market but thats about it.

Monday, February 12th 2007, 11:55pm

Why? Do you have a bad feelling about this?
;)

Tuesday, February 13th 2007, 12:09am

3 November
Rio Reporter

3º/7º GAv of the Força Aérea Brasileira formally introduced the EMBRAER EMB-32 into FAB service yesterday. The aircraft, a fighter trainer, will be designated F-4 by the FAB.

Tuesday, February 13th 2007, 1:47am

Quoted

Originally posted by Ithekro
Why? Do you have a bad feelling about this?
;)

Yep. :)

Tuesday, February 13th 2007, 2:02am

Recipe for Instant War(tm)

Take existing situation.

Add one (1) Swamphen.

Don't shake or stir, or it might go off in the bowl.

Tuesday, February 13th 2007, 2:20am

Tuesday, February 13th 2007, 2:43am

14 November
Orders from Exército HQ to 4th Army HQ, Porto Velho

"Mobilise 4th Army. X-Day 1/1."

24 November
Rio Reporter

1º/5º GAv of the Força Aérea Brasileira stood up on the FMA F-3 (I-100) yesterday. The aircraft is reportedly to begin licensed production at EMBRAER in the near future.

Tuesday, February 13th 2007, 1:26pm

The I-100 looks damn fine in Brazillian colours!

Looks like it will go BOOM in SA soon with everyone is getting a piece of the action.

Wednesday, February 14th 2007, 3:07am

22 November
Rio Reporter

It is reported that a delegation from the Marina Imperial will be visiting Japan in the coming months, to inspect Nipponese developments in the field of gunboats, and their possible application to Amazonian warfare.

4 December
South Atlantic Ocean, 300km east of the River Plate

"Confirmed, Capitão. Bolivian flag."

Capitão-de-Corveta Hugo Guevara of the Imperial Submarine Golfinho shook his head. The Bolvian merchant fleet, although small, did exsist; the country had never given up hopes of regaining a Pacific shoreline, and until then the Rio Paraguay provided access to the Atlantic. The current was would surely put paid to the first scenario, while Paraguay was a disgusting mess that (it was rumoured) ship captians were paying their employers not to sail to. But the Bolivian merchant fleet, at least the majority of it that was in the Atlantic, continued its trade, feeling safe in the knowledge that with the Chilean and Peruvian fleets in the Pacific, and the Iberians not formally at war with them, they could conduct their business undisturbed.

Guevara's orders were to make that knowledge no longer so safe.

"Confirm there any no other ships above the horizion, please."

The periscope spun.

"Confirmed, Capitão. No ships or plumes visible. No aircraft visible."

"Very well." Guevara took a deep breath; fighting an undeclared war, and in violation of cruiser rules to boot, was risky business. At least his target was a freighter. "I have the attack periscope. Flood tubes one and two!"

"Flooding tubes one and two, aye, Capitão."

The noise of the torpedo tubes flooding filled the control room. "Bearing...mark!"

"Bearing 0-0-3. Capitão, we have a firing solution."

"Make tubes one and two ready in all respects, including opening the outer doors."

"Aye aye, sir."

Guevara took a final spin of the horizon. Nothing but the target. Confirm...yes, a Bolivian ensign. Well there was no going back now.

"Tube one...shoot!"

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Swamphen" (Feb 14th 2007, 3:09am)

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Wednesday, February 14th 2007, 4:29am

Only one tube?

You feeling ok Swampy?

:)

Wednesday, February 14th 2007, 6:19am

Hmmm shouldn't Brazil declare war first before shooting at ships in the South Atlantic?

Wednesday, February 14th 2007, 6:28am

Quoted

Originally posted by Swamphen
fighting an undeclared war, and in violation of cruiser rules to boot, was risky business.

Wednesday, February 14th 2007, 6:33am

Only if they get caught. There are enough pirates running around both Atlantic and Pacific to lay the blame on one of them.

Wednesday, February 14th 2007, 8:23am

[Nice to see one of my ships fighting. Btw, if you need help with Brazilian names, I have a Portuguese dictionary.]

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Wednesday, February 14th 2007, 8:38am

Knowing the visual range through a periscope is quite small I really hope there is some ship around somewhere - a South African merchant for example.....

Wednesday, February 14th 2007, 9:09am

Quoted

Originally posted by Ithekro
Only if they get caught. There are enough pirates running around both Atlantic and Pacific to lay the blame on one of them.

The pile of bodies and debris should be a dead give away me finks. If you don't steal the cargo it has to go somewhere, ditto for the ships floaty bits...

Wednesday, February 14th 2007, 11:07am

Or a sharp-eyed survivor

Quoted

Knowing the visual range through a periscope is quite small I really hope there is some ship around somewhere - a South African merchant for example....

Or time for a radio message.

Wednesday, February 14th 2007, 11:24am

It's the early 1930s, odds are better than even that the ship doesn't have a radio. Not to mention that ships DO sink on occasion without the interference of pirates or submarines.

But I'm REALLY glad Germany is a long way away from this.....