You are not logged in.

Sunday, February 18th 2007, 9:35pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
Of course no mention is made of the very few units that did operate outside the Empire during the El Derretir Lockdown.

That reminds me, did Japan ever release an 'official' report on the circumstances related to the loss of HIJMS Hosho and the simultaneous appearance of it's previously undocumented identical twin off the Mexican coast? (:

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10

Quoted

Canadian and Japanese troops side by side in the Bolivian Andes.

I was a bit hesitant sending a lunatic across the Pacific to the region. Now that you mentioned that, it turns out to have been an excellent decision.

Canadian general: "Canadian and Japanese troops side by side in the Bolivian Andes? Over my dead body!"
Japanese general: "Japanese and Canadian troops side by side in the Bolivian Andes? Over my dead body!"
:)

Won't be much of an issue;

Quoted

Originally posted by ShinRa_Inc
While the Dominion of Canada will offer any assistance it can provide, our current force structure precludes the dispatching of any ground troops to the region.

Canada's current logistics setup for the army isn't sufficient to deploy troops for extended adventures in South America. Especially if there will be such....unsavory people about. As I recall, the Crown offered to supply two Burmese divisions, which should cover any commonwealth obligations, I would think.

Sunday, February 18th 2007, 11:11pm

Quoted

Originally posted by ShinRa_Inc

Canada's current logistics setup for the army isn't sufficient to deploy troops for extended adventures in South America. Especially if there will be such....unsavory people about. As I recall, the Crown offered to supply two Burmese divisions, which should cover any commonwealth obligations, I would think.

OOC: If offered directly to Peru, we will accept the Commonwealth's help as long as their size is similar to the Japanese mission, a brigade size unit.

Sunday, February 18th 2007, 11:55pm

Quoted

I was a bit hesitant sending a lunatic across the Pacific to the region. Now that you mentioned that, it turns out to have been an excellent decision.

You're sending Manzo?!
:D

Quoted

You know, the way it appears to be going now, by the time the League of Nations have made a decision and begin to take action, the Japanese troops sent to South America will have died of old age!! :D

...or course there's always the possibility that the whole thing could be Overtaken By Events...
:evil:

*Imperial March continues, but strains of the Fox-Trot can be heard as well*

Sunday, February 18th 2007, 11:57pm

December 26th 1933- The Ministry of War announced today they asked the German government a request for the delivery of their halftracked troop carrier(1) in enough quantities to replace the trucks used by the infantry battalions of the Mobile Regiment.

Also a request is being put in the open market for tanks to replace the current ones being used in the Independent Tank Battalion(2) While the Nordmark vehicles performed as well as expected their age showed during their short operational use by our forces and replacements are required. Please send inquiries and designs to the Ministry of War.

(1) Sdkfz 251's in enough quantity to carry two infantry battalions. It will take time, maybe close to the end of 1934 or the beginning of 1935 before we see the full order.

(2) issued used Nordmark vehicles.
NT1 Tank built 1927-30 (50 delivered the summer of 1933, 43 still on service)

10,300kg
3 crew
160hp
1-37mm gun
2-0.3inch MG
18mph
Max 35mm Armour

This post has been edited 7 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Feb 19th 2007, 12:09am)

Monday, February 19th 2007, 4:15am

Sdkfz 251s in battalion quantity???? More like mid-1936, Germany's getting them at a trickle, it'll be 1935 before 1 company in each motorized infantry battalion is equipped with them.

Monday, February 19th 2007, 1:52pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Hrolf Hakonson
Sdkfz 251s in battalion quantity???? More like mid-1936, Germany's getting them at a trickle, it'll be 1935 before 1 company in each motorized infantry battalion is equipped with them.

Mid 1936 will be them. No problem. I just saw Germany offering them to Denmark so I thought production was more advanced.

Monday, February 19th 2007, 2:29pm

Heh, the factories are drumming up business, it doesn't mean that they can actually produce things at the rate the customers would like. I'm trying to keep things running along historical lines, if a bit more advanced, the production lines for these things are really not yet in place, they're more being produced as prototypes in quantity.

Sunday, February 25th 2007, 5:36pm

December 30th 1933- Minister de La Garza studied the recommendation to acquire more destroyers with dread but he recognized the logic behind it. "We will double the size of our destroyer force in less than a year but the crews will be raw recruits. At least Ricardo's idea(1) is also giving us some manpower."

The plan was simple enough. The coastal battleship Lima and the two old cruisers of the Almirante Grau class were being traded to India for a refitted Colombo class cruiser and eight destroyers. The idea was an Indian one but the experts in the Naval Academy were for it. They acknowledge the lost of the almost brand new Lima (2) was a very heavy blow but with the cancellation of the Cuzco (3) it was out of place with the coming ships for the battleline and the destroyers being received in the deal, while old but refitted in the late 1920's, fill a delicate need of the Peruvian Fleet.

De La Garza finally made up his mind and signed a letter telling his mission in India to start the conversations to complete the deal.(4)

(1) The draft is sending a lot of new recruits to the Navy also.

(2) laid down in 1926 or 1927.

(3) it was supposed the sister ship for the Lima

(4) Pretty much will be agreed in Q1 in the storyline and the exchange will happen in Q2.