You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, March 10th 2007, 8:12am

Very nice drawings! I'm still waiting on Seawolfs version of Acestus which should prove interesting.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Wednesday, March 21st 2007, 11:09am

What do you understand when using the term "rapid fire guns"? Does that mean we have semi- or fully-automated 140mm guns before us?

Wednesday, March 21st 2007, 12:01pm

I highly doubt they are fullty automated..

Wednesday, March 21st 2007, 2:45pm

Quoted

Originally posted by HoOmAn
What do you understand when using the term "rapid fire guns"? Does that mean we have semi- or fully-automated 140mm guns before us?

The tab for "automatic rapid fire guns" in SS is representative of automatic weapons i.e. the 6"/47DP 8"/55 etc. However IanRG has stated previously that the 40mm Bofors should also fall into this category.

Why not fully-automatic 140mm guns? Russia has had automatic 130mm guns installed on a destroyer since 1932.

Wednesday, March 21st 2007, 9:17pm

To be fair that was also critisized.

Thursday, March 22nd 2007, 7:20pm

Russia already has the fully auto guns of similar size, and while critisized, was allowed. Similarly, the new Italian BBs will have highly automated 6" guns, and Canada has been working on this project since I took over the country 4 sim years ago.

However, as noted, since advanced technology doesn't appear from a vaccuum, these are not perfect or overwhelming; the automation is not advanced enough for very high ROFs yet, the mountings are extremely heavy, and it's expected the mountings will have teething problems for quite some time.

The alternative was building the 20 gun monster with more traditional DP mounts, which no one seemed to want me building, whereas I posted this and it took a few weeks for anyone to comment...

-ShinRa on the road

Thursday, March 22nd 2007, 11:16pm

Actually, from what RA's said, the 6" guns on the new Italian BBs are NOT highly automated, at least not to the degree that the Russian 130mm guns are.

Friday, March 23rd 2007, 12:05am

No. They just have power hoists, power rammers and some mechanised shell handling equipment. Definitely not "automatic"