You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, January 30th 2007, 10:02pm

Noticias Argentinas Q3/33

Noticias Argentinas

8 July
Foreign Affairs Minister Alfredo Castagone has arrived in Peru today aboard the General San Martin. Talks were held today with senior government officials. Some senior Peruvian naval officers inspected the General San Martin and were impressed by her. All talk of the impending purchase of SAE battleships was strictly banned by her Captain.

10 July
This afternoon at the Astillero Nav. Shipyard at Puerto Belgrano the latest light cruiser Hipolito Bouchard was laid down. The Chief of Staff of the Navy Adm. Antonio Moreno Smith hammered in the first rivet and another twenty VIPs attended. No members of the public were invited to the ceremony. She will be a sister ship to Comodore Py and Nueve de Julio.

12 July
Today Alfredo Castagone met with the top three men controlling Peruvian politics at the moment, Foreign Minister Francisco de La Guarda, Navy Minister de la Garza and War Minister Arjona. Bolivia was top of the agenda and although we offered to hold mediation talks between the three sides it was quietly declined by the Peruvians. They did however welcome the assurance that arms were not being supplied to Bolivia through Argentina. Next on the agenda was the Iberian alliance which is causing concern in many Argentine departments. The Peruvian Naval Minister said the Huascar event demonstrated they lacked naval power compared to the Chileans and that this had further pushed the Naval Minister to rely in Iberian support to try and counter Chilean naval power. Navy Minister de la Garza also remarked that if Columbia brought the Poseidon then he would be forced to further rely on the Iberian Pacific Squadron. Alfredo Castagone could not offer any naval guarantees but at least agreements were made over Brazil that she posed a great threat to both nations.

13 July
The period of mechanised warfare training has ended and now the Armoured Regiment has been created under the maverick officer Maj. Gen. Antonio Miguel Barbera based at Santa Rosa. It now has a full complement of T-1M31 tanks and some thirty Chrysler open-topped scout cars in a company sized reconnaissance unit. Another thirty are attached to the two Corps HQ units. A new Armoured Warfare Tactical Handbook and Regulations has been published and rumours have begun of the development of self-propelled artillery given the need for such weapons shown during last summer's manoeuvres.

Meanwhile in Peru Iberian forces launched yesterday a bomber attack over the Bolivian city of Cochabamba. Reports indicate the hospital and other civilian targets were hit by deliberate terror bombing tactics. Alfredo Castagone about to leave Peru today was shocked by the news and had this to say, "This shows what those Iberian cowards are capable of, this shows why we must unite to rid South America of the oppressive colonial thugs who feel able to interfere in our region and do as they please without reproach and who force the Peruvian's as puppets to front for them."

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Hood" (Jan 30th 2007, 10:03pm)

Wednesday, January 31st 2007, 1:10am

RE: Noticias Argentinas Q3/33

Quoted

Originally posted by Hood
Reports indicate the hospital and other civilian targets were hit by deliberate terror bombing tactics. Alfredo Castagone about to leave Peru today was shocked by the news and had this to say, "This shows what those Iberian cowards are capable of, this shows why we must unite to rid South America of the oppressive colonial thugs who feel able to interfere in our region and do as they please without reproach and who force the Peruvian's as puppets to front for them."

1 - how was it determined that the bombing was deliberately aimed at these civilian areas?

2 - More anti-Iberian rhetoric, how refreshing!!

Wednesday, January 31st 2007, 5:45am

Thats why most party's engaged in foreign wars do it covertly, to avoid public accusations. Just look at the players in Mexico. None of them are in it officially.

Peru hasn't exactly kept the Iberian presence a secret either.

Wednesday, January 31st 2007, 1:44pm

CG,
I know those bombs might have gone off course and you know that, but the mistake of using Iberian marked bombers and hitting such targets when the visiting Argentine Foreign Minister is there is a big one. Peru tells him all is fine and everyone loves Iberia for helping them and then the next day this happens. As a shrewd politican Castagone will make the most of it.

Of course this event gives more ammuntion to those who hate and/or fear Iberian influence. Argentina now has a big stick to beat Iberia with in public. I wonder what Iberia's public response will be?

If those bombers had Peruvian markings then we would have blamed them. As Wes says keep it low profile and no-one will notice who flies the planes.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Hood" (Jan 31st 2007, 1:44pm)

Wednesday, January 31st 2007, 1:57pm

Quoted

I wonder what Iberia's public response will be?

At least we don't assassinate heads of state?

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Wednesday, January 31st 2007, 2:19pm

No?

Wednesday, January 31st 2007, 3:47pm

Mexico will be sure to file this as another example of Iberian Barbarity. It will also give the Mexican Air Force a much needed boost. Hmm maybe its time to unveil my new aircraft...

Wednesday, January 31st 2007, 5:42pm

I suppose "shit happens" might be better.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Wednesday, January 31st 2007, 7:01pm

RE: Noticias Argentinas Q3/33

Quoted

Originally posted by Commodore Green

1 - how was it determined that the bombing was deliberately aimed at these civilian areas?

2 - More anti-Iberian rhetoric, how refreshing!!

Well, #2 could be the answer to #1...
The Iberians can issue denials, or an explanation, or countercharges of atrocities, claim they had munitions in the hospital, have a press junket, or go radical and court marshall a scapegoat. Or ignore it.

Wednesday, January 31st 2007, 7:48pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Red Admiral

Quoted

I wonder what Iberia's public response will be?

At least we don't assassinate heads of state?

No, just diplomats!

Wednesday, January 31st 2007, 8:00pm

Iberia should have known better that to get actively involved in a SA conflict that did not in anyway affect her. And she should have known better than to bomb a city. Even if all bombs had struck military targets, just bombing a city where civilian are involved she was just asking for trouble.

Wednesday, January 31st 2007, 9:09pm

Atrocities

Could this just be stuff to put in Iberian history rather than the Spanish Civil War that probably won't take place in Wesworld?

Wednesday, January 31st 2007, 10:26pm

"I hate temporal mechanics..."

Disturbances in the sea of time...a roaring tsunami in one timeline is a mere ripple in another, but the wave is still there...

Thursday, February 1st 2007, 1:36am

There's no point in issuing denials, as I am EVIL incarnate.

There's no point in staying quiet, because being EVIL incarnate, it just shows how evil I am.

Maybe I should just INVADE some randomly selected S.A. country and turn it into Iberia's bitch!!!!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Commodore Green" (Feb 1st 2007, 1:37am)

Thursday, February 1st 2007, 2:14am

Isn't that what Central America and Ecuador are for?

Thursday, February 1st 2007, 3:15am

Thanks God that Mexico is not in SOUTH America.

Thursday, February 1st 2007, 4:29am

No, and besides, if anyone's going to make Mexico their bitch its ME!!! :evil:

Thursday, February 1st 2007, 5:16am

Annexation!

Well that is 31 more states....that is an awful lot of stars to add to your 48. Plus you get a second Federal District...how lucky is that!

Thursday, February 1st 2007, 5:40am

Who said anything about full statehood? That sir, is an earned priviledge, not a right.

Run it as a territory.

Thursday, February 1st 2007, 6:36am

Quoted

Originally posted by Commodore Green
There's no point in issuing denials, as I am EVIL incarnate.

There's no point in staying quiet, because being EVIL incarnate, it just shows how evil I am.

Maybe I should just INVADE some randomly selected S.A. country and turn it into Iberia's bitch!!!!

This is a funny veiwpoint considering that most territory's in South America that are not already Iberian controled have fought Iberia for their independence. Peru and Brazil are two exemtions to this rule.

So technically Iberia is EVIL incarnate [SIZE=1](tm)[/SIZE] to just a handfull of nations. These same nations are partners/pawns/fairweather freinds to other players who are attempting to exert their influence.

Mexico's distaste for the Iberians is quite understandable when one considers what the Iberians did to the Inca's and Aztecs.