You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, January 14th 2007, 6:15pm

Variable-sized docks and slips

All,

I remember seeing this idea mentioned once or twice and thought I'd bring it up again.

The idea is simple, that drydocks and slips can be built or expanded to lengths other than the "set" sizes of 70m/120m/170m/ etc. If 70m isn't enough for your purposes but 100m is, and you don't want to spend the extra IPs to get a 120m dock, you could do so, at the cost of not being able to use the new 100m dock to repair a 115m ship.

The system we have now supports this idea pretty easily, if we wanted to add it. As an example, a 130m drydock could be called a Class 1.2 drydock, and would cost 2.2 IPs. A slip of the same length would be a Class 1.2 slip and cost 1.2 IPs. An 80m slip would be a Class 0.2 slip, and would cost 0.6 IPs.

Thoughts? Reactions?

Sunday, January 14th 2007, 6:24pm

Sounds good, especially for cash strapped Mexico. For example Hosho at 590ft is just over a Type 2s 557ft, but I dont need a Type 3 (720ft)

Sunday, January 14th 2007, 6:32pm

I'll wait to see what others think before commenting. Might make things a bit complicated.

I was considering a 35m type 00 dock for small craft but that idea has been left for a bit.

Sunday, January 14th 2007, 6:40pm

A little more complex, yes, but not very much so.

Sunday, January 14th 2007, 7:51pm

Each "tenth of a type" would be five meters, since each level past 0 is fifty meters longer. As long as records are kept up to date, it shouldn't be a problem.

Sunday, January 14th 2007, 11:36pm

Fine with me, so long as the accounting is clear in reports.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Sunday, January 14th 2007, 11:59pm

Honestly I´m not too fond of making things too complex even if docks and slips of variing sizes are more realistic.

I´d like to stick with the old system.

Monday, January 15th 2007, 12:15am

I tend to agree, keep things simple, though I do like the idea of smaller slips for MTB's and small gunboats.