You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, January 3rd 2007, 9:27am

Brazil

I'm begining to wonder if Fyrwulf is still around? Has anyone heard from him at all? Perhaps we need to find yet another player for Brazil?

Thursday, January 4th 2007, 9:36am

26 views and no responce? Too much champaigne from new years?

Thursday, January 4th 2007, 11:15am

BURP!!!

Perhaps he went fishing in the Amazon, and the fish caught him... 8o

Thursday, January 4th 2007, 9:00pm

I know he visited in Novemeber some time as he posted here that he had not been around due but since we have moved I don't know.

For sure he hasn't read this post yet.

I know Wes and I have plans/ideas/stories tied in with Brazil and not having anyone, or not knowing if he'll return, is making some things awkward. Is any other South American player affected/concerned?

Friday, January 5th 2007, 6:37am

I'm going to "try" and contact him, IIRC he didn't post his E-mail in his account info.

Friday, January 5th 2007, 12:17pm

I'm for one could see Brazil being nervous about an a possible carving up of Bolivia. I have reading the post inregard to politics and it seems to me Brazil was moving into a friendly stage with Iberia.

As long as it doesn't turn into a general war I could see Brazilian intervention, either cover or open, by the Brazilians as a possibility to prop the Bolivians. It makes sense for them to keep a buffer zone plus a complaint puppet.

Friday, January 5th 2007, 2:21pm

I know that at one time Brazil had designs on Peru as well....

Friday, January 5th 2007, 11:59pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Hrolf Hakonson
I know that at one time Brazil had designs on Peru as well....

But according to the Iberian-Peruvian treaty Iberia is forced to come to Peru's aid in case of war in South America. The Brazilian fleet could be swept from the seas and the possibility of raids of their coastal areas is also possible.

Saturday, January 6th 2007, 12:50am

Quoted

But according to the Iberian-Peruvian treaty Iberia is forced to come to Peru's aid in case of war in South America. The Brazilian fleet could be swept from the seas and the possibility of raids of their coastal areas is also possible.

True, but the designs pre-dated that treaty. Not to mention that Iberia is not FORCED to do anything by the Treaty, it merely says that Iberia should do so unless it wishes to break it's sworn word. Not the same thing.

Saturday, January 6th 2007, 1:06am

Quoted

Originally posted by Hrolf Hakonson

Quoted

True, but the designs pre-dated that treaty. Not to mention that Iberia is not FORCED to do anything by the Treaty, it merely says that Iberia should do so unless it wishes to break it's sworn word. Not the same thing.

But that possibility is very real indeed. Pretty much the treaty states that in case of war in South America only the other side will come to the aid of the other party. But I see what are you saying. Politics could change a lot since the treaty was signed.

Saturday, January 6th 2007, 1:50am

I should note that Brazil's final BC will have been completed by next quarter.

Saturday, January 6th 2007, 7:17am

While I could go on and on about the political effects of Brazilian or Iberian agression in the region I'm really only interested in the opinions of the other players in reguards to the player status of Brazil.

Has anyone acctually had very recent contact with Fyrwulf on this or any other boards?

Saturday, January 6th 2007, 11:35pm

IMO he put a lot into Brazil and all the opportunities to get in touch with him should be exhausted. If no answer by Q3 or Q4 1933 I guess Brazil will need a caretaker till he returns. No way in RL Brazil will just watch all the events (Colombia cozing up to Atlantis, Peru and Iberia being buddy-buddy, the war vs. Bolivia and the Paraguay Civil War) occuring in South America and give no response at all.

Thursday, February 8th 2007, 5:24pm

If Brazil is ready to be moved on, I'd be happy to take over as a "caretaker"...

Thursday, February 8th 2007, 5:33pm

I'd be fine with that. We've waited a while.

I'm starting to wonder if China will need a new player, but there's less need to urgently get Chinese input on storylines since Hainan/San Hainando/etc seemed to be quiet of late.

Friday, February 9th 2007, 1:18am

Oh ho!!

South America looks like it's going to get preeeeeetttty interesting!!!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Commodore Green" (Feb 9th 2007, 1:19am)

Friday, February 9th 2007, 2:16am

Oh boy

"I sense something, a presence I not felt since...."

Well Brazil might become rather explosive in the near future. I hope this will not endanger the war as it is about to slow to an end.

Friday, February 9th 2007, 2:46am

Reaches out...squeezes fist...

"I find your faith...refreshing."

:D

Friday, February 9th 2007, 3:29am

I am so glad someone else is running Peru now.... ;)

Friday, February 9th 2007, 4:43am

Maybe Im worng the next WW could come from SA...

Interesting? More like deadly SA should come with a sign: Beyond here, there is no return.