You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, November 1st 2006, 2:17am

New Iberian cruiser designs

A couple comments:

Both new designs (Teide and San Hainando) are understrength according to the revised Design Rules (at their size, they need to have a composite strength of 0.9 to avoid having weak hulls).

San Hainando is a little early to have a transom stern, I got beat on by Hoo pretty hard for trying it. Also, isn't 120 rounds a bit low on ammunition for a gun that should have a rate of fire of at least 6 rounds per minute? Myself, I'd also be worried that the armor doesn't cover the magazine spaces, too, but that might be just me.

Wednesday, November 1st 2006, 11:43am

Both ships predate the rule change.

San Hainando is deliberately flawed!

Wednesday, November 1st 2006, 2:25pm

Transom rule was definitely in effect, though.

Wednesday, November 1st 2006, 3:30pm

Did we see the designs prior to the rule change? I don't recall.

Wednesday, November 1st 2006, 6:54pm

Theres the rub, we did but then they vanished.

We would be lucky if anyone remembered what they looked like. I do recall a lengthy discussion in reguards to the transom sterns of Iberian vessels being more esthetic than fuctional but I would think we should avoid transoms for earlier vessels given the heat others have taken for similar designs.

Wednesday, November 1st 2006, 7:00pm

Teide and San Hainando are both Mac's designs.

If we take Wes' ancient drawing of Avada Kedavra, what do we see?

C61 patrol boat looks something like this

Wednesday, November 1st 2006, 7:10pm

I'm more interested in the hull strength than the transom, actually.

Wednesday, November 1st 2006, 11:05pm

hmmmm.....

I just went back over the original posting of the design and it explains the 90 rounds per gun bit, but at no point did anyone mention the transom or strenght.

psst, wan'a peek senor?

Friday, November 10th 2006, 1:23am

*g* need to teach you html señor ;)

Friday, November 10th 2006, 6:20am

Quoted

Originally posted by Red Admiral
Teide and San Hainando are both Mac's designs.

If we take Wes' ancient drawing of Avada Kedavra, what do we see?

Heh, haven't seen that picture for a long time!

Gavin do you have a picture of Navarra?