You are not logged in.

Monday, October 23rd 2006, 1:54am

I wonder what it would take to get some 110mm guns out there....

Or better yet, the old 6 and 12 pounders from the scrapped destroyers...or the 1.9" guns from Nordmark that Chile has for the Herlocks and Ministro Zententos.

Monday, October 23rd 2006, 2:06am

IIRC the Germans IOTL were planning in 1919 to build a tank-buster aircraft armed with 2 20mm guns, one in a enclosed turret on the front and one in a ring behind the pilot. So the possibility some aircrafts have being modified to that role is very possible.

Monday, October 23rd 2006, 9:42am

http://www.worldatwar.net/chandelle/v2/v2n1/aeg_g4k.gif

AEG G.IVk with 2x20mm Becker cannon. Performance of the 20mm was pretty poor, but should have been able pierce the top armour.

6 and 12pdr guns will be fine as anti-tank weapons.

Monday, October 23rd 2006, 2:22pm

Quoted

I'm assuming the Mercs are flying the same thing as before, or maybe one better. If sources are accurate.
Nakajima Ki-11? or Nakajima Ki-12?
Wouldnt those be fixed gear?

I remebered both the French and the Americans experimented pre-WWI with 37mm cannons on airplanes. The French using a Voison and the Americans a Curtiss. So there are precedents, you just need a sturdy Pusher or a twin engine plane.

Monday, October 23rd 2006, 2:52pm

Hmm, wonder if the Chileans would invest in an attack version of the Bell Airacuda.

Monday, October 23rd 2006, 5:18pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox

Quoted

I'm assuming the Mercs are flying the same thing as before, or maybe one better. If sources are accurate.
Nakajima Ki-11? or Nakajima Ki-12?
Wouldnt those be fixed gear?

Only the Ki-11 does. In the Wesworld, the Ki-12 (the type used by the mercenaries) is an improved version of the Ki-11 (being slightly influenced by the FMA I-100) instead of this one. I think it's about 1 step or so away from the A6M Reisen.

Tuesday, October 24th 2006, 6:35am

Chile is pondering its options. (figuring out how and where to mounts older arms for use again the Bolivian tank units for one and how to get better aircraft or anti-tank airplanes specifically).

The Mercs have been hired by a private merchant from Iquique, outside the Chilean Government, hense the Chilean's not knowing where or who these black planes where and even searching for their base of operations. Once the Chileans figured they were here to help, they decided to let them be for the moment. (I'm assuming they were informed quietly about the merchant hiring them after the search began and called it off at that point. Also the searching planes would be of much better use looking for and attacking Bolivians.)