You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, October 19th 2006, 7:05pm

Noticias desde Mexico (Q3/32)

July 1st

There has been a final breaktrough in the Ambassador's case. Documents have been found firmly linking the Ambassador to the Yakuza, the Japanese Mafia. Furthermore information gathered from rebel prisioners have pointed to the Ambassador as the source of the rebel aircraft. Investigators have come to the conclusion that the Ambassador's links to the Yakuza where the cause of his assasination. As to the murderer that part of the case remains to be solved.

After comunications with the Japanese Goverment it has become clear that the Shokaku was also linked to the ambassador. From information gathered thru various sources it appears that the Shokaku was secretly built (like Captain Nemo's Nautilus) by the Yakuza from stolen Hosho plans. The Shokaku was then used by them in various nefariuos plans, probably in conjuction with the renown pirate, Harlock. The Shokaku was then leased thru the Ambassador to the rebel forces.

OOC: Note the above is the official Goverment position.

Friday, October 20th 2006, 2:42am

Hmmm, I'm getting a few nefarious idea's from all this seeing as Harlock has been linked to two nations with reasonably good ties to Atlantis, Chile and now Mexico.

Friday, October 20th 2006, 2:51am

Ties? Maybe, but so far the only direct connection to Chile has been as hunter and prey. O'Higgins has the honors to show her involvement with Harlock, and Hyatt has the reconfigured stucture to show her scars from the pirate.

However, I think the mercs are going to be seen again...soon.

Friday, October 20th 2006, 3:07am

Acctually I was refering to Atlantean-Chilean and Atlantean-Mexican relations but yeah for sure, Chiles had the biggest influence on Harlocks operations or lack thereof.

I'm just wondering if Harlock is in loose cahoots with the Japanese Mafia and that wacko Mexican preist if he's also trying to court Argentinian and Colombian based rebel groups. Thats bound to stir up trouble for Harlock with Argentina and Atlantis.

Saturday, October 21st 2006, 2:05pm

Wes, you are just too suspicious... as if Harlock, Jap Mafia and Wacko's would ever come to Argentina!

While on holiday I came across an interesting book that's given me idea along the lines of pirates...

Saturday, October 21st 2006, 7:29pm

Not really suspicious, just looking for a neat little alliance of Anarchists to crush with an iron fist!

Monday, November 6th 2006, 4:15am

Cinco de Mayo

After a training cruise of two weeks the captured carrier arrived back in Acapulco yesterday. Today she was commissioned into the Mexican Navy as the Cinco de Mayo in honor of the glorious victory of the irregular forces under the General Ignacio Zaragoza against the French invaders at the Battle of Puebla, seventy years ago. Cinco de Mayo will join the Pacific fleet in Acapulco. Her airwing will consist of 10 captured Nakajima A4N fighters and 10 Vought-Azcarte O2Us.

Julio 15

Construction continues on a military base some 10 miles to the North East of Hermosillo. No reason has been given as to its purpose. Right now it is being known only as 'Area Cincuenta y Uno'. A number of asian scientists have been seen around the the area.

Agosto 10, Guadalajara

"The Federales have won the battle but not the war."

"But how can we defeat them? We have lost popular support, the foreign mercenaries, and most of our airforce. The Federales even have some of those armored beasts called tanks. We have nothing to stop them."

"I have sent Father Salvador on a special mission, if it succedes we will have what we need. Our friends in Italy have managed to buy a good number of aircraft. The Pope is receptive to our mission and the Italians are always eager to sell weapons. All we need is for them to get delivered, and for that reason have I sent Father Salvador. You shall have your planes and we shall have our victory."

"But what about the tanks? We have nothing to use against them."

"We shall find a way. The Federales only have a few tanks. We might be able to buy some 25m Hotchkiss. Stop worrying. And now for our plan. We shall strike here..."

Agosto 25

Progress continues on the Navy's new 47mm automatic cannon. Despite some problems with the ammunition feeder, the first test firings where descrived as exceeding expectations. It is expected that the first units will be in fleet service by mid 1933.

Septiembre 5

The Armada de Mexico reported that yesterday a couple of Mexican warships where attacked by an unidetified armed merchant. One of them the cruiser San Luis Potosi reported the vessel as a disguised battleship armed with 15" guns. The two warships attempted an attack but where driven off by the powerful armament of this vessel.

September 7

The battleship Santa Anna accompanied by the cruiser Aguascalientes and three destroyers set sail today from Veracruz. Reports from Acapulco indicate that the carrier Cinco de Mayo , the Cruiser Acapulco and three destroyers have also set sail from there.

Septiembre 17

The Army has unveiled its new combat vehicle. Three modified AT-27 MkI tank chassis where fitted with a single 105mm gun each. The guns where former SAE weapons taken from the Maple class frigates. There are still some problems to fix due to the small size of the chassis.

Octubre 13

An explosion today rocked the city of Hermosillo. An earthquake reported as 4.3 in the Ritcher scale was recorded at the Universidad de Sonora. Soon after a column of smoke was seen rising from the desert to the North East. It is thought that this explosion is related to the military base being constructed in the outskirts if Hermosillo.

Monday, November 6th 2006, 4:39am

Quoted

Construction continues on a military base some 10 miles to the North East of Hermosillo. No reason has been given as to its purpose. Right now it is being known only as 'Area Cincuenta y Uno'. A number of asian scientists have been seen around the the area.

Did they speak with an Iberian accent? Where they overly cheerfull chain smokers?

Monday, November 6th 2006, 4:46am

Quoted

Octubre 13

An explosion today rocked the city of Hermosillo. An earthquake reported as 4.3 in the Ritcher scale was recorded at the Universidad de Sonora. Soon after a column of smoke was seen rising from the desert to the North East. It is thought that this explosion is related to the military base being constructed in the outskirts if Hermosillo.

No what did your mother tell you, "Never play with the holy hand grenade."

(And never drop the two ton TNT armed contact mine in a desert.)

Monday, November 6th 2006, 5:04am

Arizona and New Mexico are not amused!

Monday, November 6th 2006, 5:20am

I should hope not. A blast that can cause a mild earthquake is pretty serious for a nation as poor as Mexico...in the 1930s.

Monday, November 6th 2006, 3:48pm

Would you like a side order of BLAM with that?

Hmm, sounds like something Mr. M would be very interested in... ^_^

Monday, November 6th 2006, 6:06pm

An explosion large enough to be felt in Hermosillo and be detected as a seismic event would probably cause considerable damage to the base itself.

Monday, November 6th 2006, 6:18pm

The Mexican Desert...

http://www.nature.com/news/2006/060703/i…42018a-i1.0.jpg
... and who says that that base still exists at this point? :-)

Monday, November 6th 2006, 6:32pm

Depends on your definition of 'base'. Strange nobody has yet noticed the name of the base. But yes playing with 20" shells can be dangerous to your health...

Monday, November 6th 2006, 6:44pm

Sure I noticed the name of the base - but what is there to say except, "How original"?

Monday, November 6th 2006, 6:46pm

Odd... I was thinking more about this size...

Quoted

Strange nobody has yet noticed the name of the base.

Base?? Who needs a base for Mega Maid? :-)
Better to use Cincuenta y Uno for something else...

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Monday, November 6th 2006, 6:57pm

I can count to 6 in Spanish, so it's something-one, so I'd guess it means "51" or something. Not that I don't have a Aerodrome 51 myself.

The 20" shells are worrysome of course. That shell Rooijen posted is likely larger, probably one of those German monsters.

Monday, November 6th 2006, 7:06pm

80 cm at the Imperial War Museum. I've been there twice and during both visits my thoughts were "This sucker's huge!!"

Monday, November 6th 2006, 7:06pm

The picture of the gun he posted is one of "Dora", the 80cm railroad gun Krupp built to crack the Maginot line. Of course, it wasn't ready for service until 1941.....