You are not logged in.

Friday, October 20th 2006, 3:27am

Persia is a absentee SATSUMA nation at the moment, therefor influneces by them, or more specifically Rocky, so any idea's involving Persia would have to be agreed to by him I suppose. Peru and now Bulgaria to some extent are being aided by Germany which would give Hrolf some say, I would think, in their affairs as NPC's.

Marek is still in control of the PRJ so he has any say in what happens to them as long as he's still part of the sim. I only mention the PRJ because he's publicly stated his intentions of leaving the sim and turning control of the PRJ over to anyone seriously interested.

IIRC Admiral K has started working with Latvia in reguards to naval programs ect, while Saudi Arabia and Yemen, again are under Jasons influence, charactor wise, untill his "splendid little war" is concluded, perhaps even longer.

Bolivia and Paraguay are also involved in other players storylines as well. I'm begining to think that the posibility of other players picking up a nation (except for the PRJ) is impossible without steping on someones toes in reguards to storylines.

I think we would first need to get our opinions out there in reguards to what nations we as players have dibs on as satilite/proxy/cannonfodder nations and which we would be willing to hand over to new players should they demonstrate the experience needed to control a nation reasonably well.

Friday, October 20th 2006, 3:38am

The breakaway Filipino nation of Penguinstan?

Friday, October 20th 2006, 3:59am

Quoted

The breakaway Filipino nation of Penguinistan?

...a daring raid by Penguinistani rebels was a smashing success, at least up until one of the rebels decided to do some smashing...

Friday, October 20th 2006, 5:21am

Whats the other Penguin got in his handbag? Hope its a traquilizer gun!

Friday, October 20th 2006, 5:28am

A BRICK™, it is a Japanese allied penguin.

Friday, October 20th 2006, 10:25am

Actually, both Peru and Bulgaria are absolutely open to be taken over by a player. I'm just running Peru because it needed SOMEONE to do so while things heated up around it, and Germany's just selling a design and (hopefully) a ship to Bulgaria.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Friday, October 20th 2006, 11:03am

I second Wes´ opinion that Columbia is probably not the right place to start with.

Perdedor, would you mind taking Peru? Sounds like Hrolf is willing to give it away and it would not change things too much for those who were already enthusiastic of another player joining the South American brawl. :o)

Is there anybody out there who thinks Peru is not open for a new player?

Friday, October 20th 2006, 11:03am

If someone wants to stir things up a bit in SEA, I'd suggest that Burma might be available in a while, although I'm not sure whether or not I'm going to go down that path.

Of course, you didn't hear that.

Friday, October 20th 2006, 11:25am

Peru would be interesting, as would Bulgaria or any of the PRJ nations I would assume. You could play Poland, Romania or Yugoslavia separately.

Friday, October 20th 2006, 11:35am

i'm pretty sure that the prj is pretty tight, unless you have a revolution

nope I'm wrong

Friday, October 20th 2006, 11:59am

I won't mind playing either Peru or Poland but I don't care too much about the other nations of the PRJ. But reading thru the reports Marek pretty much integrated them and messing with them will be like kicking to the curb the work of the man so far. I guess I will start reading everything in regard to Peru to try to get used to the system.

I also agree is like taking baby steps and Peru should be fine. Not to big and with the capabilities to at least build some ships of their own. Peru had a very progressive army in OTL, with them being the first nation to use paratroopers in combat in the Americas (1941 vs. Ecuador) plus their fleet was always build as a response to the Chilenian efforts.

Friday, October 20th 2006, 1:03pm

Peru, in my thoughts, was basically snoozing through the 20s, not overly concerned about world events other than wanting it's "stolen" provinces back from Chile. It woke up in the early 30s and saw that Chile was arming, Brazil was arming, Argentina was arming, and it wasn't doing anything. So it looked around for a supplier. It already used German small arms, so it went there to get more rifles and newer artillery. While there, it also contracted for a pair of DDs and a pair of ocean-going submarines to replace it's obsolete fleet of both types of ship.

Then, life got complicated: first, the SAE put up some ships for sale, light cruisers and destroyers, and Peru managed to snap up a pair of each. Then India put an ex-SAE dreadnought up for sale, and Peru was able to get that too (though it's still in India being refitted into as modern a ship as she can be).

All these purchases forced the slowing of the German purchasing efforts, but they continued at a slower rate, the last ships of the order will be finished pretty soon. At that point, Peru will be in possession of the plans for those types of vessel and the plan (of the preceding administration) was to build a number of those units domesticly before looking for much of anything else. Thought has been given to buying a number of 12" guns from the Phillipines for coast defence duties, and thought has also been given to having a second Lima class ship built (hypothetically named Cuzco), but neither has been contracted for YET.

If you want to PM me with your e-mail, I can forward the spreadsheet I'm using for Peru's planning.

Friday, October 20th 2006, 2:17pm

Speaking of Peru...

...I just noticed this:

Quoted

Capitan Garcia (ex-RSAN Stinger)

Theres TWO of them?!?

Friday, October 20th 2006, 2:29pm

Yes, and one is even heavier than the other......

Saturday, October 21st 2006, 1:59pm

I have no objections to someone taking on Peru full-time. Welcome aboard!