You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, October 6th 2006, 10:52am

Pan-European Trade Agreement [PETA]

[size=4]Pan-European Trade Agreement[/size]

The undersigned nations, represented by their chosen representatives, have decided the following in order to improve trade, commerce, and travel between their respective countries. Hence, the treaty concerns itself with these matters, and with no others.

Part I - Duration

Article 1
This agreement shall become binding on a signatory nation 10 days after signature and ratification (if any is required) by the nation's representative and government.

Article 2
The agreement shall remain binding on a signatory nation until the nation notifies it's partners that it is renouncing the Treaty, and for 60 days thereafter.

Part II - Effects

Article 3
The signatory nations agree to free trade between all signatories, reducing tariffs, duties, and taxes upon all goods from fellow signatories to the same level as if they had been produced domestically.

Article 4
The signatory nations agree to free movement between all signatories, allowing citizens to move freely from one signatory nation to another (upon presentation of proper papers) without hindrance based upon national origin.

Article 5
The signatory nations agree to guarantee the safety of citizens of the other signatory nations whilst in their territory.

Article 6
The signatory nations agree to provide health care for citizens of other signatory nations whilst in their territory.

Article 7
The signatory nations shall initiate a program of student exchange between universities in the signatory nations. A student wishing to study in another country shall be able to do so without hindrance and with all the opportunities available to students in that country.

Article 8
A summit of leaders of finance from the signatory nations shall convene once per month in locations rotating between the signatories. The respective leaders of the signatory nations shall meet not less than once per year to discuss modifications to the treaty and current affairs in Europe.

Part III ý Amendments

Article 9
Other nations wishing to sign the treaty after the original 5 may do so if such an action is agreed by all signatories.

Article 10
Expulsion of signatory nations shall take place by majority vote and is effective from 60 days after.

Section IV is included for completeness but does not form treaty text

Part IV - Limitations

Article 1
None of the signatory nations shall, under any circumstances, be obligated by this treaty to provide any form of military aid to another signatory nation.

The Pan-European Trade Treaty is written in Danish, Dutch, French, German, Iberian and Italian, with all texts being equally authentic.

Signatories;

Kingdom of Denmark, Republic of France, Republic of Germany, Iberian Federation, Kingdom of Italy, Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, United Kingdom of the Netherlands

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Red Admiral" (Mar 2nd 2008, 7:04pm)

Friday, October 6th 2006, 3:10pm

You forgot the signatories.

Friday, October 6th 2006, 3:15pm

Well from the Languages I'd suggest AANM+Germany

Friday, October 6th 2006, 3:16pm

Nope. Just waiting for countries to sign. From the language it should be obvious of Denmark, Germany, Iberia, Italy and the Netherlands. But provision under article 9 for more.

Tuesday, February 13th 2007, 7:50pm

October 1934

In Strasbourg, French and Luxembourge Foreign Ministers sign on the dotted line.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Sunday, March 2nd 2008, 6:53pm

I just realize that I never posted *here* that the Dutch signed. I just put it in my news at the time (Q4, 1934).

With Belgium's economy stabilized, but still a large pool of unemployed, they will be applying to join in Q4, 1935.

Wednesday, April 9th 2008, 4:16am

Quoted

Originally posted by Kaiser Kirk
I just realize that I never posted *here* that the Dutch signed. I just put it in my news at the time (Q4, 1934).

With Belgium's economy stabilized, but still a large pool of unemployed, they will be applying to join in Q4, 1935.

Hmmmm. What should Germany do in this case? Hmmmm. Article 9. Hmmmmmm..... :)

Wednesday, April 9th 2008, 4:41am

Romania wouldn't mind signing either.

Wednesday, September 22nd 2010, 3:14pm

Membership

Is there someone who can speak to the question of which nations are signatories to this Treaty? From the thread, it is not clear whether Germany is a signatory or not. While I suspect that Germany is, I would like to verify it.

Wednesday, September 22nd 2010, 3:17pm

Quoted

Signatories; Kingdom of Denmark, Republic of France, Republic of Germany, Iberian Federation, Kingdom of Italy, Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, United Kingdom of the Netherlands

Bulgaria and Romania also joined; I think Bulgaria was accepted but there was a temporary hangup with Romania.

Ireland was also planning to join at some point, but I don't think I ever got around to bringing that up.

Wednesday, September 22nd 2010, 4:15pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine

Quoted

Signatories; Kingdom of Denmark, Republic of France, Republic of Germany, Iberian Federation, Kingdom of Italy, Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, United Kingdom of the Netherlands

Bulgaria and Romania also joined; I think Bulgaria was accepted but there was a temporary hangup with Romania.

Ireland was also planning to join at some point, but I don't think I ever got around to bringing that up.

<Facepalms>

Doh!

I mis-read the text of the treaty and Hrolf's comment.