You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, September 11th 2006, 1:54pm

Marinkuriren: Q2/1932

April 2nd

Work has now started on the training carrier Gärdsmyg in Karlskrona. Once finished the ship will relieve the carrier Gassen of the intitial deck landing training duties, which is presently taking much of it's time while she trains airgroups for Orn and Falk.

Wednesday, September 13th 2006, 10:32am

April 3rd

The News that India has called a conference of the Celity Treaty member nations to discuss India's request for French limits under the treaty has been met by a mixed response in the Riksdag. Some ministers are in favour, while others are vermently opposed to the proposal. Admiral Tobias Hysén has stated that while he believes that French limits are too great, that India does require an extension of it's limits.

April 4th

King Carl Phillip has passed his congratulations to the German and Austrian peoples on passing the voting stage of their unification.

April 20th

Having arrived in Stockholm without great fanfare the Airship South Georgia has been undertaking various tests prior to it's commissioning into the Navy, which took place today, her main tasks being the training of airship crews and reconisance patrols over the Baltic.

Tuesday, September 19th 2006, 4:51pm

April 20th

The calls by several Members of the Celito treaty for a vote on the proposed construction & sale by Japan of 2 Battlecruisers to Chosen and Formosa has been met with great applause in the Riksdag today. Admiral Tobias Hysén has been ordered to immediately despatch his aide to Celito to take part in the discussion.

April 25th

The Airforce has stated that it intends to despatch one of it's first Sopwith Odin's to the Talons over Cordoba air festival in Argentina, in October. In the same statement the airforce has decided to send a pre-production prototype of the Saab Thor Bomber.

Friday, October 6th 2006, 6:47pm

April 29th

After over a monthf silence from the King & the Government concerning the Pan European Trade Agreement or PETA as it is known, the King has issued direct instructions to the Government that all invites to join this treaty are to rejected.

May 29th

The King has departed his summer palace in Narvik for his official visit to Germany, he is expected to arrive in a few days.

June 2nd

The King has rived on Germany's Baltic coast, and has started his journey inland to partake in an official visit and some discussions.

Sunday, October 8th 2006, 6:36pm

Will the inhabitants be happy that the King is denying them the chance to free movement and damaging his country's economic prospects? Of course, the King is rich already and can travel wherever he wishes....

Sunday, October 8th 2006, 7:02pm

Politically

Concidering the current Nordmarkian view of the Italians, joining PETA would be like going to bed with snakes in the public eye.

Sunday, October 8th 2006, 9:13pm

I don't remember any invitation to join the Pan-European trade agreement, then again as Atlantis I wouldn't expect Italy to invite me anyway.

Isn't it odd the nation that opposed Germany's extraction from war reparations is now courting them?

Sunday, October 8th 2006, 10:23pm

Quoted

I don't remember any invitation to join the Pan-European trade agreement, then again as Atlantis I wouldn't expect Italy to invite me anyway.

Perhaps because PETA won't allow any non-European nations to join (because it is the 'Pan-European trade agreement). That way Atlantis would not be invited to join.

Sunday, October 8th 2006, 10:44pm

Which is why I didn't expect an invitation.

I suppose if being part of the mainland were a stipulation on being European, Britain would be left out too.

Either way I still enjoy good trade relations with 2 European country's, France and Russia while maintaining excellent trade relations with the U.S. which in this time period is emerging as a manufacturing powerhouse.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Monday, October 9th 2006, 10:28am

I especially like the news of 29th April... Good to see the Nordmarkians step away from the Italians... :o)

Monday, October 9th 2006, 11:28am

Quoted

Atlantis isn't part of Europe, and no, I can't see Italy wanting closer ties with Atlantis.

Quoted

Isn't it odd the nation that opposed Germany's extraction from war reparations is now courting them?

Would this be after the Germans killed thousands of Italians? Strange that you'd want reparations after that isn't it?

Closer economic ties work far better than any non-agression pact. Its only a piece of paper after all.

Monday, October 9th 2006, 6:32pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Red Admiral
Atlantis isn't part of Europe, and no, I can't see Italy wanting closer ties with Atlantis.

Gee what a surprise!

Tuesday, October 17th 2006, 1:34pm

Right, after much delay here is Gota Lejon & Gjorvik's revised schedule for their tour up to Spithead.

10th July Karlskrona --> Helsingborg
11th-14th July Helsingborg
15th July Helsingborg --> St Petersberg
16th-19th July St Petersberg
20th/21st July St Petersberg --> Danzig
22nd-24th July Danzig
25th July Danzig --> Copenhagen
26th-28th July Copenhagen
29th July Copenhagen --> Kiel
30th July-2nd Aug Kiel
3rd Aug Kiel --> Cuxhaven (via Canal)
4th Aug Cuxhaven
5th Aug Cuxhaven --> Den Helder
6th-9th Aug Den Helder
10th Aug Den Helder --> Spithead/Portsmouth meeting up with rest of ships from Nordmark.
11th-20th Aug Spithead Naval Review.

Thursday, October 19th 2006, 4:46pm

June 24th

In an intruiging move the Government has cancelled the rebuild of the Gota Lejon Class Battlecruiser Folkunga Lion, and also the rebuilds of all three Dristigheten class Battlecruisers. In the place of these rebuilds they have instructed the Navy to begin preparing for the construction of three new Battleships, which will be improved versions of the previous Oden Class.

June 28th

With the completion of the Orn Class carriers still some months away the Navy has placed an order for yet another aircraft carrier, to a specification larger than the previous classes. The New ship, to be started next year, will complete sometime in 1935, and will take our Nation to within 10,000tons of our treaty limits.

June 30th

The Nordmark & South Atlantic Shipping Co has now slipped further into a void of despair as today it failed to secure a new contract for shipping manufactured goods from the SAE to Nordmark. The Government has stated that unless the company pays it's outstanding tax bill by the end of July it will be forced to seize some of the companies assests in lieu of payment.