You are not logged in.

Saturday, September 6th 2003, 9:10pm

Additional Atlantian territory.

In the last few days I've managed to brainstorm a story of how involved Atlantis was in WW1 and as a result Atlantis has gained mandate's in turkey historically offered the Americans but were turned down.
As a result they were offered to Atlantis as they had a large part in the fighting in Turkey as well as other fronts. They may or may not in the future be returned to turkey or seeded to other nations depending on how the sim plays out.

Saturday, September 6th 2003, 11:42pm

sounds cool! when can we expect further details? :-)))))

Bernhard

Sunday, September 7th 2003, 1:56am

some loose ends to tie up first

So far I have Atlantis fighting on the Belgian, Italian,and Greek fronts while making major efforts in turkey to help Russia out. Unfortunatlely Russia signs the Armistice before Atlantis can make any gains.
Historically Britain undertook several attacks in turkey and had a rough time, so I'm expecting the army's of Atlantis to do the same.

Monday, September 8th 2003, 3:48pm

So...are you amending Atlantis' starting geography, or are these mandates being gained during the sim itself as a news event?

Monday, September 8th 2003, 6:03pm

well

They would be part of Atlantis's territory's at the begining of the sim. Unfortunately I've been so busy with my ships and other stuff that I didn't give much thought to how Atlantis was involved in WW1. Seeing as I got some good info on WW1 it gave me a few Idea's. The territory will not be newly gained but in fact added after WW1.

Monday, September 15th 2003, 11:05pm

well?

If anyone has any problems with this please E-mail me with your conserns, otherwise I'm gonna set the story line in stone. I need to get this part of my nations history out of the road so I can consintrate on other issues.

Monday, September 15th 2003, 11:57pm

I'd appreciate some clarification on exactly which territories. Maybe (dare I say it?) a map...

J

Tuesday, September 16th 2003, 12:14am

i can do that

I can send you the tentative map of the Atlantian mandates in turkey, and anyone else who is interested.

Tuesday, September 16th 2003, 2:22am

why not just upload it (via hooman) to the files setion of this site and link to it. thus we can all download it at our leisure.

Bernhard

Tuesday, September 16th 2003, 5:25am

my plan

It would be better to get a reasonably stable version of the map on Hoomans website that we can all access. Currently I'm working with Rooijin on getting a good map made up including temperary territorys's and sea boundry's. Anyone whos recieved pictures from me that I've created in my paint program will notice an ugly haze that gets even uglier when I add colour, and walter seems to know what he's doing when it comes to the paint program and all its little quirks.
As to the Turkish mandates for Atlantis they include the bulk of Armenia and the darnelles region around Constantinople. These were originally offered to the U.S. but they turned them down as at this time they were begining to slip into their isolationist state, so in our alternate history they get offered to Atlantis as a result of the hard fighting that the Atlantian army participated in. Early in the war these mandates were promised to Russia, but the bolshivic revolt effected the trust of the other Entente powers and they were offered to the Americans to separate Turkish, Russian, French and British territory's and mandates.
Its a long and complicated story in that particular region but my story line is so cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a weasel!

Thursday, September 18th 2003, 1:33am

well, this should make life in the med really interesting :-) I like it.

Bernhard

Thursday, September 18th 2003, 3:21pm

If inhabitants of the Med can live with it, so can I.

J

Thursday, September 18th 2003, 9:49pm

ok

Just need some input from Hooman or Pengolodh before I make it official.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Thursday, September 18th 2003, 10:53pm

???

"Just need some input from Hooman or Pengolodh before I make it official."

Did I miss anything? What did you request?

Friday, September 19th 2003, 1:02am

lol

Look at the top of this post and you'll see what I'm talking about. I just need to know if anyone objects to my idea.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Friday, September 19th 2003, 1:15am

Hmmmm....

In which way should I be concerned if you´re talking about Turkey?

Friday, September 19th 2003, 2:12am

as a player mate. I think trying to get consensus if somebody acquires real estate before the 1921 is a good idea.

Bernhard

Friday, September 19th 2003, 2:17am

well

I just want everyone to know that this isn't a land grab or me taking advantage of being one of the first members of this sim. From the reply's so far it seems as if there is no problem allthough I think Harry may have a say as i beleave he may have a turkish portion to his country's background history. Once I sort that out I should be able to post the full story behind Atlantis's involvement in WW1 and why it has territorys under its limited control in Turkey.

Monday, December 15th 2003, 12:56am

hmmm

Is harry still with us? I could use a reply on the turkey mandates question! Otherwise I could just take the lack of responce as a silent yes. I would rather get a reply!

Tuesday, December 16th 2003, 11:24pm

?

I'm getting restless and I really want to post some interesting news!!!!!