You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, August 11th 2006, 11:52pm

Francesco Morosini

I was never particularly happy when I re-drew her after being rebuilt in 1927/28. I think this more captures the style of the time and shows the character of the older ship. SS report remains the same.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Monday, August 14th 2006, 2:39pm

I like her. The new drawing has a touch of "old school" to me which I find appealing. Not sure if those bow catapults aer very practicable, though.

Monday, August 14th 2006, 2:56pm

Perhaps it is practicable for the RSAN should it ever occur that it will face Italy in a war.
:-)

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Monday, August 14th 2006, 3:11pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
Perhaps it is practicable for the RSAN should it ever occur that it will face Italy in a war.
:-)

Not sure if I got your point...

Monday, August 14th 2006, 3:45pm

Me like

Quoted

Not sure if I got your point...

I think it was something along the line of, "the more Italian pilots who those catapults cause to do their best Manzo impression, the fewer Italian pilots the SAE has to worry about." ^_^

Monday, August 14th 2006, 4:18pm

Spot on! :-)
... of course only if a war between SAE and Italia should break out.

Monday, August 14th 2006, 6:51pm

I can't see a problem with the catapults. They are mounted about 11m up from the waterline. Higher than the flying-off decks on Furious, Akagi etc.

ps. Its spelt "old skool" :)

Monday, August 14th 2006, 7:54pm

I like her much better now, looks much more period specific. I have a few minor nitpicks though, her bow catipults appear to overhang the bow on the top veiw but don't seem to reflect this on the side view. A similar situation with the Island structures overhang.

I like her hangar arangement forward, with the ramp to the forward flying off deck.