You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, August 4th 2006, 10:01pm

Noticias desde Mexico

News for Q3-4

July 1st

The FAM reports the buy of 15 Spartan F-8 "Cyclone" High Altitude Fighters. They will replace the aging LUSAC 11s. Also TNCA-Azcarte has acquired a license for the S-4 Atlantean Naval Aircraft Factory "Ur". This aircraft will replace the TNCA As in the Armada de Mexico. A delegation from TNCA-Azcarte is on its way to Argentina with the intent to get a license for the FMA T-514 Trainer.

The Army reports the purchase of 5 AT-27 MKI (with 47mm guns) Tanks, 5 NH-28 "Gazelle" Armored Cars and 5 HT-1 "Rhino" transports. These will be used for evaluation purposes.

August 1st

TNCA-Azcarte has unveiled its new aircraft. The Quetzalcoat, the Winged Serpent. First flight of this advanced fghter is expected to be around mid 1932.

(OOC Note the wing design. Its based on the PZL 7)

Power: Pratt & Witney 650hp R-1535-72 Twin Wasp Junior

Armament: Two 7.62/0.3in machine guns

Size: Wingspan - 32ft
Length - 21ft
Wing area - 200sq ft

Weight: Empty - 2500lb
Max take-off - 3500lb

Performance: Max speed - 250mph
Ceiling - 27,500ft
Range - 400 miles
Climb - 3000ft per minute

August 3rd, Guadalajara,Jalisco

Firefight!!!

Reports have just arrived of a shootout between federal troops and several hundred Catholics in the Church of Our Lady of Guadalupe. There are no reports on the number of casualties.

August 4th, Sahuayo, Michoacán

Federal troops have stormed the local parish church. No reports on casualties.

OOC: This is historical but a few years late.

Friday, August 4th 2006, 11:57pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox
Reports have just arrived of a shootout between federal troops and several hundred Catholics in the Church of Our Lady of Guadalupe. There are no reports on the number of casualties.

Mexicans would not specify Catholic, it being "a good cotholic country, don't you know!". They would specify if it was another religion, but the assumption would be that every one would be catholic, therefore no need to mention it.

It's the way people tend to think in the Republic of Ireland, as for the North, you just NEVER bring up the subject!

Which brings me to an old joke.....

A guy is walking through a park in Belfast, when a sectarian gunman stops him at gunpoint.
Gunman "Are you Catholic or Protestant?"
Guy "Well, actually i'm a Bhuddist"
Gunman " Ah, but are you a Catholic Bhuddist or a Protestant Bhuddist?"

Saturday, August 5th 2006, 12:06am

Hey Walter.

Which does this remind you more of...

Quoted

A guy is walking through a park in Belfast, when a sectarian gunman stops him at gunpoint.

...Osaka or Tomo?
--------------------------------------------------------------------

However you are correct, CG. A Mexican news service wouldn't mention catholics since that is suppose to be the majority of the country (including all those federal troops). Unless for some reason Wesworld Mexico isn't Catholic.....

Saturday, August 5th 2006, 12:07am

Curious to see what would prompt churchgoers to engage in a gunfight in their church...

Saturday, August 5th 2006, 1:06am

Ahh!!! Missed that. Should have know as most of my relatives are Catholics. The problem laid in that I took it from Wikipedia which mentions catholics.

Quoted

Curious to see what would prompt churchgoers to engage in a gunfight in their church...
Resentment at the goverment's anti-Catholic (actually just a seperation of church and state but this being Mexico...) stance. This happened historiclly (1926), being preceeded by a number of boycotts and protests. But since here its happening later than historiclly I decided to skip some things.

Anyway its going to get a lot more interesting...

Saturday, August 5th 2006, 9:38pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox
Resentment at the goverment's anti-Catholic (actually just a seperation of church and state but this being Mexico...) stance. This happened historiclly (1926),

The same issue has been bubbling away under the surface of Irish society for almost 60 years now, since the 5th amendment to the Irish Constitution. Hasn't gotten out of hand yet.........

Saturday, August 5th 2006, 9:51pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Ithekro
Which does this remind you more of...

Quoted

...Osaka or Tomo?

... both actually... both at the same time actually. (Tomo => Gunman, Osaka => Guy).

Quoted

Anyway its going to get a lot more interesting...

Oh goody! Can't wait for the next exiting part of Noticias desde Mexico.
:-)

Quoted

The same issue has been bubbling away under the surface of Irish society for almost 60 years now, since the 5th amendment to the Irish Constitution. Hasn't gotten out of hand yet.........

And let's hope it never will.

Sunday, August 6th 2006, 2:47am

Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

Sunday, August 6th 2006, 1:35pm

Well, whatever happens, I doubt it will be as bad as what happened to the Christians in Japan some 300-400 years ago and in Roman times some 2000 years ago...
... but you never know in the Wesworld. :-)

Sunday, August 6th 2006, 9:00pm

Quoted

... both actually... both at the same time actually. (Tomo => Gunman, Osaka => Guy).

Yeah, that's about what I see.

As for what's going on in Mexico, I doubt it will get any worse that it did historically....I mean there isn't that much more you can throw at Mexico anymore that it hasn't gone through at least three times.

Sunday, August 13th 2006, 5:59pm

Forgot some more news.

Revolt!

Sahuayo, Michoacán, August 31st

A group of ranchers under the command of Pedro Quintanar have seized the local treasury and declared themselves in rebellion. Federal Troops have been dispatched to deal with the rebels.

Battle!

Pénjamo, Guanajuato, September 28th

Rebels led by Luis Navarro Origel, Mayor of Pénjamo, have been defeated by federal troops in battle around the town.

Uprisings continue!

October 5th

On September 29th, forces under Trinidad Mora in Durango declared themselves in revolt. This was followed by a rebellion in Southern Guanjuato led by a former general Rodolfo Gallegos. The Goverment is mobilizing further troops to deal with these uprisings.