You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Thursday, July 27th 2006, 1:06pm

1932er give aways

There currently is a discussion among naval architects what should be done with the following units in 1932 all of them will be replaced by newer units.

Clearly on the list of ships to be sold or scrapped:

4x Polar-class sloops (especially designed and equipped to serve in cold water areas - refit necessary)

8x S-class ocean going sloops (refit necessary)

Under discussion albeit their fate is not decided:

4x Cat-class torpedo boats (already refitted in 1926+)

If anybody is interested in buying them call your local SAE weapon dealer.... :o)

Thursday, July 27th 2006, 8:41pm

Any chance of a more up to date sim on the polar class sloops?

Thursday, July 27th 2006, 10:41pm

I couldn't find the Cat class torpedo boats. Could you give me a link to that thread please?

Thursday, July 27th 2006, 10:59pm

They are officially class b destroyers.

Thursday, July 27th 2006, 11:06pm

Hmm, oddly enough I find the sloops somewhat appealing, not as Turkey but as Atlantis, particularily the Polar class.

Thursday, July 27th 2006, 11:09pm

Well, I thought that the polar class sloops might be suited for further service alongside my existing S27 strenghtend hull sloops, which are allocated to the South Atlantic Fleet, certainly I need more sloops in the area, and these would do perfectly.

Thursday, July 27th 2006, 11:15pm

I was thinking along similar lines, they would make reasonable Antartic patrol vessels to support Adventure.
Might just be best for me to build some purpose built designs with more flexability for that region.

Thursday, July 27th 2006, 11:19pm

You've got longer to sail to get there, I think for you a few large purpose built vessels are in order.

But for Whaling protection duties refitted polar class ships would be fine.

HoOmAn

Friday, July 28th 2006, 2:51pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Earl822
Any chance of a more up to date sim on the polar class sloops?

No, in general I do not update old sims. When new versions of SS became available we once agreed not to re-do all the stuff over and over again. The ships are build and introduced the way they are...

(Different story when thinking about ships rebuild etc. as one needs updated stats here but that´s not the case for the Polar-class.)

HoOmAn

Wednesday, August 2nd 2006, 11:41am

Auction closed

The auction is closed.

All 4 POLAR-class sloops will go to Australia.

All 8 S-class sloops will go to India.

All 4 CAT-class TBs will go to India.

HoOmAn

Wednesday, August 2nd 2006, 1:49pm

I never expected sloops to be so interesting for the world market. Otherwise I wouldn´t have scrapped about 20 during the last two years. :o(

Too bad subs have to be kept for 20 years... Otherwise I had some to sell too. :o/

Wednesday, August 2nd 2006, 5:12pm

Congratulations to all the new victims... I mean owners. :-)

Quoted

I never expected sloops to be so interesting for the world market. Otherwise I wouldn´t have scrapped about 20 during the last two years. :o(

A real shame yes. Naturally it is something that you find out after the ships have been scrapped. Of course when looking at the majority of the sloops scrapped, that has been done before or during the new treaty talks.