You are not logged in.

Monday, July 17th 2006, 5:45am

Quoted

Amor is not a word
Actually its Spanish for love.

Monday, July 17th 2006, 7:02am

You and whose army is this thread about?

If I recall correctly, English is suppose to be one of the hardest languages to learn as it has so many rules and exceptions to those rules...and words that don't follow any of the rules at all due to them being borrowed from another language to start with.

English is in some ways a Romanticized Germanic language that has slowly tried to remove the Latin-Frence influence from itself. We've removed the male and female parts of the lanuage. We've removed the formal and informal barriers for the most part. And we've adopted words and changed how they sound but leave them spelled the same.

Of course the computer age and the spell checker have done a little to make people less literate. That and at least in the United States, certain types of language teaching has been removed since the 1960s or 70s. (I don't remember what it was right now as I wasn't born yet when that happened.)

Its a wonder that "English" sounds and looks different from one English speaking nation to another.

And now all the European Union gets to learn it...heh heh.

Tuesday, July 18th 2006, 3:23am

Quoted

Originally posted by Ithekro Its a wonder that "English" sounds and looks different from one English speaking nation to another.

That was exactly my point and what is language anyway? Its a way for us to communicate and as long as we understand what the other guy is saying why make a fuss about the exact spelling and how it was orriginally spelled?

We're all naval buffs, look at what the British did to the term 'Forecastle'.

As for the orrignal topic of this thread, I would susspect China would already utilize quite a few horses. Some mechanization wouldn't be a bad thing.

Tuesday, July 18th 2006, 4:23am

The trouble with fitting out the Chinese Army would be cost verse manpower. That's an awful lot of people to train and arm, plus the money to buy/build all those mechinized units in the future.

Horses are much cheaper at present, though as stated as slow push towards mordernazation wouldn't hurt (China) very much.

On the other matter, I had the pleasure of witnessing a conversation between a Scotman and a Texan while in the Highlands (might have been near Scapa Flow, but it was some years ago so I don't rightly remember our exact location). Both people were speaking English, but with their accents, neither were understanding the other. I understood both, so I had to act as a interpreter....from English to English.

Ubiwan

Unregistered

Tuesday, July 18th 2006, 10:26am

That's what i already said and think.

The restructure of the chinese army will need a few years.
And in this time China will reequip slowly a few divisions on tanks. But it will also surely keep few units a Cavalry.