You are not logged in.

Wednesday, August 23rd 2006, 7:15am

I agree, Tiger vs. Akbar would be interesting.

At first I thought you were smoking some wacky tobacky when you said Nagato was vulnerable to plunging fire but then I remembered shes not the historical design.

Wednesday, August 23rd 2006, 7:55am

-ponders transferring R&R to the Pacific- >:D

Wednesday, August 23rd 2006, 4:22pm

Quoted

Did she get the Kongo treatment and thus become a Battleship after reconstruction?

Remember: in the Wesworld, giving a ship the Kongo treatment is making that ship vanish into the Twilight Zone.
:-)

Quoted

The Nagatos and Fusos are very vulnerable to plunging fire. Even more so than the original Tiger.

Which is why it is necessary to improve the deck once the time arrives to work on those two classes.

Quoted

At first I thought you were smoking some wacky tobacky when you said Nagato was vulnerable to plunging fire but then I remembered shes not the historical design.

Well, I got the deck thickness of Fuso and Nagato from somewhere, but it is quite possible that I misread it... or that I was using Jane's Horribly Wrong Data of World War II for the info (which I did a lot at the very beginning of the sim).

Wednesday, August 23rd 2006, 7:52pm

The Fuso class seems accurate as per Whitley's while Nagato seems like a logical progression from the Fuso class.

Wednesday, August 23rd 2006, 8:21pm

Looking at the Warships1 data, Fuso's deck given there is 1.3"- 3" (33-76mm) (design) while that of Nagato is 1.6"- 3" (41-76mm) (design). I went for an average of 2", but looking at it now, perhaps simming with an average thickness of 2.5" would have been more acurate.