You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Ubiwan

Unregistered

Monday, July 10th 2006, 4:34pm

Chinese RRCV (Railroad Control Vehicle)

Could be used on rails or road. Reported to be able to go from rail to road in 10 minutes.
Had built in jacks to raise the vehicle for removing the wheels.
Were sometimes placed back to back so that a pair could quickly go in either direction.

Crew: 6

Weight ~ 7.38 tons

Length w/gun 6.4 m
Height ~ 3 m
Width ~ 1.9 m

Armament
Main 7.7 mm MG

Armor Thickness (mm) 16

Max Speed Road: 25 mph, 40 kph
Rail: 37 mph, 40 mph, 64 kph

Monday, July 10th 2006, 4:51pm

Well, I guess the Chinese railroad needs to be perfect then (with that I mean that every stretch of railroad needs to have the same gauge).
Japan finds it an interesting vehicle, but doubts it will work on the Japanese lines. Some of the small lines use a smaller gauge than the main lines and with a small mistake, they doubt much will be left of this vehicle when it is run over by a Selkirk locomotive.
O_O

Ubiwan

Unregistered

Monday, July 10th 2006, 5:31pm

The vehicle is suitable also for the protection of railway building sites. Naturally however it is necessary that the different railways have the same track width.

Naturally the vehicle has also no chance against a near-racing locomotive

Monday, July 10th 2006, 6:04pm

I think that a vehicle like that is definitely useful for a big nation like China. Perhaps some extra sections of rail especially for this vehicle could be laid down since it travels faster on the rail than on the road. Since only these RRCVs would use them, the rails could be of cheap and lesser quality than what one would use for the railroads where heavy trains must pass over.

Monday, July 10th 2006, 8:04pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
Well, I guess the Chinese railroad needs to be perfect then (with that I mean that every stretch of railroad needs to have the same gauge).
Japan finds it an interesting vehicle, but doubts it will work on the Japanese lines. Some of the small lines use a smaller gauge than the main lines and with a small mistake, they doubt much will be left of this vehicle when it is run over by a Selkirk locomotive.
O_O

Just Imagine if a Utopia hit it at full speed! Ugly!

Atlantis is interested in this design. Currently Atlantis has armored trains which are large lumbering targets.
Modifying an NH-28 Gazelle for rail travel would provide a nimble patrol vehicle.

Monday, July 10th 2006, 9:35pm

How hard would it be to design the axles of the vehicle to accomodate different gauges?

Monday, July 10th 2006, 9:52pm

Depends on the difference in gauges used. Most use 4' 8.5" but the variation is between 7' and 2'. China uses standard gauge which is about the same as the width of this vehicle.

Of course really you want one of these;

Monday, July 10th 2006, 11:18pm

Yes, I was thinking about something like that as well, Gavin.

Quoted

Just Imagine if a Utopia hit it at full speed! Ugly!

Splatter Bonus!!! :-)

Monday, July 10th 2006, 11:29pm

Ubiwan

Unregistered

Tuesday, July 11th 2006, 7:35am

If somebody is interested in this vehicle, please contact your local ambassador for the conditions of a sale.

Tuesday, July 11th 2006, 4:43pm

Quoted

Originally posted by ShinRa_Inc

Seems like someone is seeing the "The Axis History Forum does not allow remote linking of images uploaded here" message. Most obviously everybody sees it.
:-)
Copy-paste link:
http://forum.axishistory.com/files/littorina_blindata.jpg

Tuesday, July 11th 2006, 4:46pm

Quoted

Seems like someone is seeing the "The Axis History Forum does not allow remote linking of images uploaded here" message. Most obviously everybody sees it.
:-)
Copy-paste link:

Heh, I get the same message when I try that.

Tuesday, July 11th 2006, 6:16pm

Ok what was on that pic?

Tuesday, July 11th 2006, 6:42pm

If you want to see it, copy the next line...

... and paste it into the address bar and hit enter to see the picture.

Tuesday, July 11th 2006, 6:45pm

Heh. That works in IE, not in Firefox.

Tuesday, July 11th 2006, 6:59pm

Well, you should have stuck with the IE then.

Wednesday, July 12th 2006, 12:02am

Seems to work.

Wednesday, July 12th 2006, 6:48am

Atlantis currently has several armored trains...

Typical Armoured Train

Armoured locomotive

Artillery wagon

Assault wagon

Atlantis is also exploring the idea of replacing Steam loco's with Diesel Loco's, possibly combining the Assualt wagon, Artillary wagon and loco units into 2 mixed units.

Wednesday, July 12th 2006, 12:26pm

From what I can tell the historical Italy had a large program of diesel and electrification of their railways interwar so steam would be beginning to be phased out. Diesel is the more attractive option for armoured trains being a more self-contained unit. Regio Escerito and Regia Marina both operated armoured trains, the army being the single contained units above with 47mm guns, machine guns, mortars and flamethrowers. The RM trains were considerably larger, some mouting 4x152 2x76 and mg. Mobile coastal defence more than anything else.