You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Ubiwan

Unregistered

Monday, June 19th 2006, 11:45am

Chinese Army situation

The National Revolutionary Army:

134 Infantry Divisions
9 Cavalry Divisions
17 Cavalry Brigades
36 Infantry Brigades
5 Artillery Brigades
20 Artillery Regiments

600 aircraft (approximately)
some railway artillery

and 600,000 provincial troops.

One Division contains about 8000 men.

Chinese infantry weapons were mainly produced in the Hanyang and Guangdong arsenals.The standard firearms were German-made 7.92 mm Gewehr 98 and Karabiner 98k. The 98 style rifles were often called the "Chiang Kai-shek" rifles. The standard light machine gun was a local copy of the Czech 7.92 mm Brno ZB26. There were also Belgian and French LMGs. On average in these divisions, there was 2 machine gun set for each platoon. Heavy machine guns were mainly locally-made 1924 water-cooled Maxim guns, from German blueprints. On average every battalion would get two heavy machine gun. The standard sidearm was the 7.63 mm Mauser M1932 semi-automatic pistol, also known as C96.

Monday, June 19th 2006, 9:20pm

Is the German Mission active in China?

Monday, June 19th 2006, 10:19pm

Quoted

Is the German Mission active in China?

I just get the idea that China is a German puppet regime ;)

Just wondering, is this historically accurate data or data obtained by analysis? (ysis being the suffix for "to pull numbers from")

Ubiwan

Unregistered

Tuesday, June 20th 2006, 10:18am

Wars were already led because of such ideas. Why should China be a puppet regime of Germany ?

The numbers are based on easily modified historical bases.

Yes, the German mission is in China active, however not to the extent like it in the reality was. Germany and China worked closely together in the past and it will also hopefully still do in the future.

We are waiting times, what brings the future.

Tuesday, June 20th 2006, 10:47am

It looks like WW germany has made friends with two biggest nations in the world. India and now China.

Tuesday, June 20th 2006, 11:02am

Correction, two of the most populous nations. I don't equate selling weapons as nessassarily being freinds, at least not yet in this case.

Tuesday, June 20th 2006, 11:11am

Sorry for the biggest nations thing.
I write english but think polish,in polish nation=people and country=land.
Thanks for corecting me.

As for the friends part, Horlf will propably work hard to make his client states his fiends.

Tuesday, June 20th 2006, 11:19am

No need to apologize Marek, just trying to understand what you where meaning to say.

If I were Germany I'd sure try to make some good freinds out of loose aquaintances.

Tuesday, June 20th 2006, 12:01pm

As far as the types of weapons go, they're absolutely historical (if a hair early, the "Chiang Kai-Shek" was adopted in 1935), check a copy of Small Arms of the World or other reference document on small arms. The Mauser 98 was very well traveled, being a common infantry rifle almost everywhere that wasn't part of another European nation. Certainly there were other rifles chambered for 7.92mm x 57 IS used (Belgian FN M1924 and M1930, Czech Brno M1924, all of which are copies of the 98 Mauser), and Chinese copies of these rifles.

Tuesday, June 20th 2006, 1:48pm

Mauser 98 and it wariants is propably the second widest spread weapon in the world.
The first being the Kalasznikow.
Unfortunetly I nevar had the oportunity to fire it.(I did fire Mosin-Nagant 1944 once)

Japanise arisaka also had wide pread use.
Lawrence of Arabia used one.
Mosin-Nagant was to used by many nations.
Bolt action rifle of the era were quiat common to be found halfway aroud the world from its manufacturing plants.
The last knowed to me moticable egsampe of wide spead of pre WWII era weapons, was when a 60 plus year old Iraqie farmer shot down a Apache helicopter with Czech Vzor 24.
Talk about a lucky shot 0_0.