You are not logged in.

Sunday, July 9th 2006, 8:50am

Bravo Germany! Allthough I must admit the lone Portugal goal was sweet.

So wheres the money, Italy or France?

Sunday, July 9th 2006, 11:40am

Italy have looked the more impressive side recently and they have something to prove. My moneys on them. Maybe 2-1

Sunday, July 9th 2006, 11:48pm

Italy's done it, allthough everything seems to be overshadowed by Zidane's momentary lack of judgement headbutting Materazzi in the chest.

Terrible way to end your international career....

Monday, July 10th 2006, 1:16am

Congratulations to Italy on their success. And yes, no one wants to end his carreer that way. Tough luck.
Does that mean that this will be a major boost for the AANM with this victory over FAR?
:-)

Monday, July 10th 2006, 4:55am

Would have to be the wesworld version for that to apply, no Atlantis in the real world cup!

Monday, July 10th 2006, 5:04am

Maybe Atlantis doesn't play soccer?

Monday, July 10th 2006, 5:13am

Well in the real world just about everybody has an international soccer team. If the U.S. has one why not Atlantis?

Its much closer to Europe not to mention that Venezuela would likely have players in a South American Football league thus adding to the skilled players available to Atlantis.

Monday, July 10th 2006, 5:39am

Would that be the case in 1931?

Monday, July 10th 2006, 5:58am

I would be the last person to know, I'm not familiar with the various leagues running at the time or even the rules reguarding which teams make it to the world cup.

Monday, July 10th 2006, 6:30am

This is Wesworld. In regards to those rules, you're the one that makes those rules... and break them if necessary.
:-)
Don't think Japan would have a soccer team at this time. Perhaps in about 50 years or so...

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Monday, July 10th 2006, 7:34pm

Too bad the worldchampionships are over. Emotions here in Germany have been really special during the last weeks. Can´t say I had much of this kind of experience before.

Actually, there´s only one thing in the past that tops this positive thinking, all the cheering etc. that you´ll find in Germany these days - and that was when the wall fell in Berlin on the 9th of November 1989 which then led to the reunification of Germany on the 3rd of October 1990....

Best thing probably is that people all over the world now have a different picture of Germany. No longer are we the unsmiling, grim and unfriednly ones. :o)

Monday, July 10th 2006, 7:43pm

I've never really held that opinion about Germans, having met a German exchange student in high school. He seemed rather happy to me.

...as for the games being over, all good things must come to an end eventually. Still a very good experience, and a great opertunity for Germany to host the world.