You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, May 27th 2006, 2:20pm

Argentine New Government

Noticias Argentinas 27/03/31

Earlier today the government confirmed the deaths of several key members of the current administration. It is believed the Foreign Minister, Finance Minister and Defence Minister were killed when their Junkers J33 crashed in stormy weather.
En route to a conference in Bahia Blanca from Cordoba the aircraft ran into a storm front yesterday afternoon. Following the disappearance of the aircraft the army sent out several cavalry patrols into the area and although hindered by the weather this morning the air force began an aerial search.
The bodies of the cabinet ministers have been identified. Although the exact cause of the crash is unknown foul play is not suspected by the police or Foreign Ministry.
This afternoon the President met the Senate and Congress to discuss a new cabinet to rule the country. The new cabinet is now composed like this:
President: Gomez
Vice President: Fernando Lopez
Finance Minister: Juan D’Silva
Foreign Affairs Minister: Ricardo Barbero
Defence Minister: Vice Adm (ret). Juan Perez Benedicto Hood
Internal Affairs Minister: Carlos Santinez
Transport and Industry Minister: Rodriguez Gomez
A new government committee led by an unidentified former military man called Chico has been formed to look further into the causes of the crash and allegations of fraud by the former Finance Minister. Looking forward to political harmony with large cross-party support following the crash the President has appointed his son as Transport and Industry Minister. The new Defence Minister is a retired Vice Admiral who previously held an advisory position in the Naval Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The Finance Minister is the eldest son of the wealthy cattle baron Antonio D’Silva who also holds a position in the Argentine Trade Committee and is the secretary of the D’Silva-Roho cattle cartel.

I have done this so I can install some main figures that I can build on and remember (and spell!). There will be no political viewpoint changes yet until I have sorted things out.

Saturday, May 27th 2006, 3:06pm

Quoted

Defence Minister: Vice Adm (ret). Juan Perez Benedicto Hood

Hmmm... the Defence Minister's name sounds familiar... Someone we know?
:-)

Saturday, May 27th 2006, 3:12pm

Hmmm, this requires a diplomatic response (but what?)

Saturday, May 27th 2006, 3:15pm

Erm slight one on the date we are in the first quarter of 1931, so this report hasn't happened yet