You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, May 22nd 2006, 11:26am

Hello to all!

Hello to everybody!

After two years of looking around I've decided to become a member. Some of you may know me from the Warship Discussion Board 3.0.

I have one question though, are you still looking for new players? If you are then I would like to become a player. I think I've amassed some god experience on Springsharp and I need a new challenge. Making fictional navies on your own is not so much fun. My preference would be Belgium and/or Bulgaria.

Thanks.

Monday, May 22nd 2006, 11:34am

Hello Hood and welcome to the forums.

We have on several occations added new players to the SIM, usually on a general consencus and after the poster has posted several times (usually).

If your interested in joining the list of players we may be able to accomadate you.

Unfortunately right now we are short two moderators who are away on holidays or away from home so it may be a few weeks before we decide to enlist your services.

In the mean time don't give up, keep posting and join in on the discussions and you may find yourself controling a country (there are others available in addition to the ones you expressed interest in).

Monday, May 22nd 2006, 11:42am

Argentina comes to mind, certainly, as a possible location for play, and it certainly has more potential than either Belgium or Bulgaria.

Monday, May 22nd 2006, 11:44am

Welcome,

I do indeed know you from Warshipprojects board. The alternate Soviet, RN and US fleets postwar were quite interesting and a bit different from the normal WWI/WWII period.

As Wes says, read around a bit and post if something interests you. Its always good to have some outside input.

Monday, May 22nd 2006, 11:51am

I can't say I've travelled other boards lately but if Gavin recognizes you Hood (whats your real name?) thats a start.

Colombia and China are two more potential countrys, so the list is up to 5 country's already.

Monday, May 22nd 2006, 2:23pm

Welcome!!

Quoted

Unfortunately right now we are short two moderators who are away on holidays or away from home so it may be a few weeks before we decide to enlist your services.

Well, if I am not mistaken, you are here, and Rocky should be available, too (last access yesterday). Hooman was to be gone for two weeks as of the 8th of this month, so I guess he should be back one of these days.

Monday, May 22nd 2006, 4:28pm

Hey there - I read your 1974 USN last night. Pretty fascinating and well-done stuff.. you'd bring a lot to WW, I think.

Argentina, Peru, and China are possibilities, along with a few Middle Eastern countries I think.

Isn't Belgium part of the Netherlands here?

Monday, May 22nd 2006, 4:57pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Alikchi
Isn't Belgium part of the Netherlands here?

Well, RAM had plans to launch a version of BENELUX in WW, don't know what KK's plans are for it.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Monday, May 22nd 2006, 5:17pm

My plans are for King Albert's sole (Wesworld) heir to have a tragic polo accident in 1931/2. King Albert died mountaineering OTL in 1934. When I get to the 1929-30 News, the Queen goes on a world tour in celebration of her 50th birthday and 40th year of reign, and there is a public rapprochement with King Albert. I built a well of positive public opinion for Queen Wilhelmina into the Netherlands’ history. I was thinking to incorporate a storyline to have a Belgian plebiscite choose to join the United Kingdom of the Netherlands, which would then be three- Netherlands, Kongo, and Belgium (technically the Grand Duchy of Ubangi-shari (aka C.A.R.) as well). I’m still thinking on ways to regain Luxembourg, which after all would have been Queen Wilhelmina’s had she been male.

Now my heart’s not set on this, I’ve merely laid the groundwork, so if Hood has a passion for Belgium- go for it. From what I’ve read it actually is more industrialized than the Netherlands. However, I don’t think it has any colonial possessions in Wesworld. Further, while the Netherlands has one f the world’s largest merchant marines, I don’t think the Belgians do. So there may not be terribly much to work with.

Hmm. If he could join, build about 6x50,000ton carriers/capital ships, 300 subs, and THEN switch to Argentina after the 1934 plebiscite….I’d have 0 objections… though I think I just indicated above I don’t really have any. Hmm I object ! Now go build (me) a Navy to rival Japan’s hidden one!

Monday, May 22nd 2006, 5:36pm

Heh, well, in WW, Belgium only has 4 factories, so building all that might take a while.....

Monday, May 22nd 2006, 5:42pm

If you play Argentina you'll have to be prepared to do a lot of sabre rattling

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Monday, May 22nd 2006, 5:59pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Hrolf Hakonson
Heh, well, in WW, Belgium only has 4 factories, so building all that might take a while.....

There's a thread that says (as I recall) 4-5. guess which I prefer.
Besides, I'm sure that's a typo and it's 45. In which case he better get started building my ...um ..his fleet !!

Monday, May 22nd 2006, 7:03pm

Quoted

There's a thread that says (as I recall) 4-5. guess which I prefer.

Uh... Zero?

Quoted

Besides, I'm sure that's a typo and it's 45.

Yes, it is. The total output should be 45 tons per month.

Monday, May 22nd 2006, 7:21pm

Belgium, a nation with no navy other than one corvette and a few TB's

Monday, May 22nd 2006, 7:39pm

Thanks for the welcomes, for those who want to know my real name is James and I'm from the UK (England).

If Kasier Kirk has plans for Belgium then I won't spoil them. Belgium would be too quiet for me I fear.

Argentina is a new possibilty, I'd need the full historical info etc. If I would not be too constrained by other powers then I may go for it. I feel that Argentina offers a good starting point and that I could bring something to the board. Anyway sabre rattling sounds good to me.

Another choice would be China but the fight with the warlords might distract me from building a navy. I feel China is more a land power but by using her huge manpower and natural resources then a powerful fleet could be built.

These are just thoughts for the future, it's up to the moderators to decide.

Monday, May 22nd 2006, 7:57pm

Argentina looks like a good fit, I'm also holding out for a player for Colombia but they too would be a small navy.

I'm more interested in hearing Hooman and Rocky's take on all this.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Monday, May 22nd 2006, 8:56pm

Hi Hood! Welcome to the boards!

I have no objections - if you want to take Argentina, go on. If you want Chine, keep moving.

Personally the latter would be probably more interesting as you wouldn´t have to focus that much on what happened in the past in WW. And Japan really needs somebody to kick around... ;o)

Monday, May 22nd 2006, 9:04pm

Argentina is constrained by history and leadership, but that can be changed easily enough with a coup d'état or some similar device.

Whereabouts in England? Theres me down south in Bath, Earl up in Birmingham and RLBH miles from anywhere in Scotland.

The "corvette" in Belgium's navy is actually a "Fishery patrol vessel" IIRC.

Monday, May 22nd 2006, 10:02pm

Hood, as the player for Brazil I would most heartily welcome a player for Argentina. You've arrive a year short of a major South American event that, probably, won't include Argentina. After that comes something truly sweeping, and we'd love to have another South American player along for the ride.

Monday, May 22nd 2006, 11:07pm

Hey Hood,

China's been fairly historical at this point, aside from a bit more maritime piracy issues. There are some commercial agreements in place, but no diplomatic ties to bind it, though I expect there would be a fair bit of interest from China's neighbours in establishing relations. Perhaps it's a good place to start from scratch, though it may indeed be a largely brown-water navy. On the downside - China's historically about to have one hell of a flood disaster.

Argentina's past history is, by now, largely established. Some continuity in the past relationships (with Nordmark, SAE, Italy, Brazil, and Chile especially) would be necessary, but a change in government or policy can be used to change tack in the future. I think Argentina is playable at this point, and if there are plans afoot for elsewhere in the continent, it'd be good to have a player for it.

Aside from the other nations suggested, I would also suggest to those of you with more than one nation that you consider whether you want to reduce your workload and hand off something to Hood.

As an aside - my PM box is currently full, and I won't be making space till tomorrow, so don't nobody send me stuff till then, eh?