You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, April 2nd 2006, 12:35pm

Turko-Greek Treaty of Mutual Hatred

I'm tired of all these 'international kisses'

April 1, 1930.

Preamble
The Governments of the Greece and Turkey desirous of strengthening the loathing and animosity between them and exploiting the tensions and mutual hatred between them, agree to the following:

Article I.
The High Contracting Parties obligate themselves to pursue any act of violence, any aggressive action, and any attack on each other - including raspberry blowing, either individually or jointly with other Powers.

Article II.
Should Greece, or Turkey become the object of belligerent action by a third Power, the other High Contracting Party shall eagerly wait in the sidelines for a chance to kick the other when they are down.

Article III.
The high contracting parties, having regard to the interests of security of each of them, agree to snarl and spit at each other at every opportunity.

They will bare our buttocks at the League of Nations in these objects and we will make faces at each other in accordance with the two principles of seeking territorial aggrandisement for themselves and of interference in the internal affairs of other States.

Article IV.
There will be no Article between III and V as it is unlucky.

Article V.
The present Treaty is concluded for a period of ten years, with the proviso that, in so far as one of the High Contracting Parties does not advance it one year prior to the expiration of this period, the validity of this Treaty shall automatically be extended for another five years. See Annex I.

Article VI.
The present treaty shall be ratified within the shortest possible time. The ratification’s shall be exchanged in Constantinople/Istanbul depending on where you come from. The Agreement shall enter into force as soon as the Instruments of Ratification have been exchanged.

Done on the back of a napkin, in the Greek and Turkish languages, each text being just a bunch of squiggles.

Annex I.
Turkey agrees not to enter the Eurovision song contest for the duration of this Treaty.

Sunday, April 2nd 2006, 1:17pm

Quoted

You aren't the only one.

I suggest a change in Article II to - "the other High Contracting Party shall eagerly wait in the sidelines for a chance to kick the other in the crotch when they are down."

Sunday, April 2nd 2006, 1:41pm

Heh, interesting treaty to say the least....

As for my own treaty's....

Turkey: Treaty of Kum Kale with Atlantis

Atlantis:
FAR treaty with France and Russia

Treaty of mutual freindship and trade with the United States

non agression pact with SAE/Nordmark.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Sunday, April 2nd 2006, 6:03pm

Wonderful! I just barely recovered form laughing! ;o)

That´s diplomacy for you....

Sunday, April 2nd 2006, 8:15pm

To paraphrase Machine Gun Joe in "Deathrace 2000":

ONE GIANT VICTORY IN THE NAME OF HATE!!!!

I can't wait for construction of the modern version of the Trojan Horse to begin...

Sunday, April 2nd 2006, 10:11pm

It should be noted that the Wooden Horse has been tried before with great success. However, it is very unlikey that those people on the other side of that stretch of water will fall for the same trick twice. Therefore a new and improved version has been created especially for the 20th century.

http://www.geocities.com/knightsaysni/mp/woodenra.jpg

Sunday, April 2nd 2006, 10:12pm

Hey!! we are wise to that deception now!!!!

Sunday, April 2nd 2006, 11:50pm

Right. Maybe if we made a giant badger...

Monday, April 3rd 2006, 1:06am

Quoted

Originally posted by alt_naval

[SIZE=4]Brilliant!!!!! [/SIZE]

Waaaaaaaaaaaay too much "lovey dovey-ness" going on for realism!!!

Monday, April 3rd 2006, 3:20am

You mean the AANM doesn't love FAR? Brazil is just playin with the SAE? Lets not forget Iberia seems to have turned over a new leaf in reguards to their "big brother" attitude towards South America. and has no qualms about becoming "lovey dovey" with Brazil.

The Philippines and Chile sabre rattle once in a while...

Italy spars with both Atlantis and the SAE occationaly taking shots at Germany...

India squares off with the Netherlands

Iberia and Atlantis have a long history

Ditto for Greece and Turkey

I can point out just as much "anti-lovey dovey"...

Monday, April 3rd 2006, 3:43am

Temperature rising.

Don't forget Chile and Argentina's love affair over Tierra del Fuego and Patagonia. It has caused a few hot moments and heart rates to get higher and higher. Plus now there is Bolivia and Peru on the side....

Monday, April 3rd 2006, 5:21am

I knew there were other problems out there, its difficult to recap them all as we don't have peices of paper to record them...

Keep in mind here wesworld Europe is 12 years removed from a major conflict, hence the abundance of treatys here. Not surprizingly the less bloodied nations haven't signed as many treatys while nations such as Germany and France who bore the brunt of the wars effects have, particularily Germany who has several neighbours who still harbour bad feelings.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Monday, April 3rd 2006, 8:37am

The SAE sniping at Germany? Are you drinking?! Or have I missed something....?!

But you´re right. There are at least some hot spots. You could even add India-NL somehow...

Monday, April 3rd 2006, 9:45am

Drinking? I wish!! Indeed you miss-read what I posted. I meant Italy, taking shots at Atlantis and the SAE and Germany on occation.

Monday, April 3rd 2006, 6:21pm

I'm not so sure that there's all that much "lovey-doveyness" going on, as opposed to various countries trying to secure (to one degree or another) a border or three against possible threats. A treaty of non-aggression, especially with a time limit, doesn't say that the two countries like each other, it merely says that they agree not to attack each other, without possible diplomatic penalties, for the time specified.

Of course, if Denmark or Iberia think things are too quiet in international affairs, they could alway start something..... :)

Monday, April 3rd 2006, 7:29pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Hrolf Hakonson
Of course, if Denmark or Iberia think things are too quiet in international affairs, they could alway start something..... :)

Heh heh...