You are not logged in.

Monday, March 27th 2006, 3:17am

Danish Valkyrie-class CLs

Commodore,

Keep in mind that the revised Gentlemans Agreement has the minimum strength for a ship under 6,000 tons as 0.90, not the previous 0.75....

Monday, March 27th 2006, 4:31pm

But these ships were started before the new rule, I can't exactly retro-build them!!

BTW, I only post ships in the encyclopedia after they entre service.

Monday, March 27th 2006, 4:32pm

Some other players have been doing retro-builds, for example, Adm. K has.

Monday, March 27th 2006, 4:35pm

If that were the case, most if not all of the ships in the sim would need to be redesigned.

Its the same reason that SS1 ships stay in service as SS1, not updated to SS2, rule changes are proactive, not retroactice, or at least thats the way I read it.

Moderator thoughts please?

Monday, March 27th 2006, 5:39pm

I'd change the design so that they aren't structurally weak.

Monday, March 27th 2006, 6:46pm

not the point. If peopel had to redesign a class every time the rules change, people like wes and hoo would not be doing much else.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Monday, March 27th 2006, 7:25pm

Yeah - all changes apply to designs laid down later only.

Monday, March 27th 2006, 7:41pm

Quoted

Later? If I had known that, I would have kept those 12 cruisers as they were!

Monday, March 27th 2006, 8:14pm

Quoted

Originally posted by HoOmAn

Phew, thanks for a clarification, Hoo!

Monday, March 27th 2006, 9:12pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Commodore Green
But these ships were started before the new rule, I can't exactly retro-build them!!

BTW, I only post ships in the encyclopedia after they entre service.

I would suggest that you post future designs ASAP, just to make things easier. With the late post its tough to put a true date on the design.

Monday, March 27th 2006, 10:34pm

But the first line of each ship gives Name, Type and Date Laid Down.

Doing it my way gives a more accurate idea of what is in service, rather than confusing the issue with ships still building

Monday, March 27th 2006, 10:56pm

Well remember, ships under construction or planned to be under construction usually end up in Jane's Fighting Ships if they are correct or not. (Like the four Rurik-class Armored Cruisers in the 1906-07 book that ended up being one ship, or the various odd semi-dreadnought designs that didn't come out in the end, or various Japanese, German, or Allied ships that never really existed).

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Tuesday, March 28th 2006, 9:18am

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10

Quoted

Later? If I had known that, I would have kept those 12 cruisers as they were!

Sorry, but this always had been the case when we changed rules or a new version of SS was available. Each player is allowed to update his elderly designs - but he doesn´t have to.

Tuesday, March 28th 2006, 9:33am

Heh, allowed too update but that doesn't mean it's headache free, case in point my dealings with the Lyra class AC's.

Tuesday, March 28th 2006, 4:49pm

Quoted

Sorry, but this always had been the case when we changed rules or a new version of SS was available. Each player is allowed to update his elderly designs - but he doesn´t have to.

Hey! I never agreed to that!!
Okay... In that case I won't mess around in the light cruiser section for Japan's encyclopedia chapter.