You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, March 9th 2006, 1:48pm

PRJ news Q2,1930

The reacently signed agremant have betwin Yugoslavia Romania and Poland have given fruit to first.Army develepment programs.The goal is to standarize all 3 army weapons and ammunition.

First program revolver adoption of standard small arms cartriges.the choise was to addopt newly developed rifle based on Austria-Hungary Steyr Mannlicher M95 stright pull rifle action and Mauser 7,92 cartrige.
The new weapon will have a 8 rounds striper clip.
It will be manufactured exlusively in shorther carabine form.

Second program is aimed at desingning a sub-machine gun.
The weapon will be firing 9x19 Para round

Third was a squad light weigth machine gun.
The new design will be based on BAR M1918 machine gun that is already used by two and manufactured by one of the countrys.The difrences are heavy barrel and a top loaded magazine.The belt feed posiblylity also will be added.

It was desided that Polish bild CKM wz.1930 will be the new standard heavy machine gun.The weapon was chosen becose of it simplicyty and modernt price the fact that it was already in production was also a considerd in its favor.

Last but not least all country agread on a bilding a new tank.That will replace France light tanks in service.
New machine will have the folowing characteristics:
Armed with AT weapon and one machine gun.
Weight No more that 10t
Speed no less that 25 km/h
Armour capeble of stoping shells up to 40mm in the front and heavy machine guns rounds at sides and rear.
Good cross country characteristics.

All party will bild the formentiond weapons at there domestic manufacturing plants.

In other News soligers from Yugoslavia and romania are helping the polish people with dealing with the flood.They are helping deliver food and supplies and evacuating the moust unfortunete.

Thursday, March 9th 2006, 2:16pm

Quoted

The new design will be based on BAR M1918 machine gun that is already used by two and manufactured by one of the countries. The differences are heavy barrel and a top loaded magazine. The belt feed possibility also will be added.

"Top loaded magazine"? Do you mean a magazine that feeds into the top of the receiver, like on a ZB-26/Bren? That would require a pretty major change to the BAR design, though not as much as trying to add a belt-feed capability. I'm rather dubious that a top-feed design is really compatible with a belt-fed design. I'm also puzzled what the point of going to all the trouble to move the feed would be, the heavy barrel I can see, the feed move I can't.

Thursday, March 9th 2006, 3:37pm

Adding belt feed capability is the major change with it top feed clip(like in ZB-23/Bren)is more or less a cosmetic change.
Using egsisting BAR rifles parts will cut cost as they are manufactured and used already by the armys of poland and yugoslavia.Its not like modifaing BAR more like bilding a new weapon on BAR basis.
The change of feed system has couple of advantages.
First with top feed option firing from prone position will make it easyer and faster to change clips.Belt feed option will make it posible to use HMG belts if neaded.Belt will decrese the firing manuvarbilyty but it will give more firepower in defance situations.
The heavy barrel will increse accuracy and sustaind fire time.

Using both light squad automatic and a heavymachine gun instead of universal MG like MG43 or M60 ios contiuos choise.

Armys of PRJ are going for largerst posible fire power.Straight pull rifles SMG and scuad automatic will give best manuvarabilyty.

Thursday, March 9th 2006, 3:57pm

Changing a BAR to a top feed would a pretty major engineering change, it would probably be easier to just switch to the ZB design rather than try to redo a BAR into a top feed system, there wouldn't be much left of the receiver after the changes were done, just the barrel and stock might be left in common with the original design.

Given the relatively small capacity magazine on the BAR (20 rounds), it's not too hard to use it prone. A heavy barrel is a good idea for it, certainly, if it's going to be used as a SAW.

I agree with the idea of a belt feed being useful (since that's where Germany's going with the Solothurn MG-30 to the MG-33), I'm just dubious about trying to combine it with a top-feed (or bottom-feed, for that matter). I can't think of any top-fed belt-fed MGs, but I'm certainly willing to be enlightened.

If belts are to be used much, a quick-change barrel will probably be needed. Alternatively, the squad could just pull cartridges out of available HMG belts and put them into BAR magazines, just like taking cartridges out of stripper clips and putting them into BAR (or Bren, or ....) magazines.

Thursday, March 9th 2006, 4:23pm

Pulling cartriges from belt and puting them in a clip take time puting a belt in a rifle disinged to do us it takes much less time.

As for weapon with top feed and belt feed I cant think of any but clip and balt feed in the same weapon is preaty common FN minimi or HK21 there are more but i cant remember.
Minimi had a side loaded clip difrence betwin side top bottom feed clip are realy minimal at a disigning state .

And Japan use top feed BAR in WWII thats how I got the idea of top feed BAR for the PRJ*

*Polska-Rumunia-Jugoslavia

Thursday, March 9th 2006, 4:48pm

The Japanese Type 96 & Type 99 LMGs were more ZB derivitives, like the Bren, than BAR derivitives (but were actually an original design that used some features of the ZB).

Agreed on the time in loading factor, but why would the squad have HMG belts, if they don't have an HMG?

Yes, magazine and belt feed combined has become fairly common (the MG-34 was the first that I know of that did this, though there could well have been others that I'm not thinking of).

Top loading a belt-feed weapon would have the disadvantage that the belt is going to be making 2 90-degree turns in a short distance (probably the width of 1 cartridge), which is likely to lead to jams. Also, if the MG is going to be ejecting to the side, then the belt has to make another 90 degree turn to exit the weapon. Not too much of a problem if it's a disintegrating-link belt, but a fairly serious one if it's not.

Thursday, March 9th 2006, 5:09pm

Belt will go trou the side of the recever clip will go thou the top(on at the samr time offcoure) Clip port and belt port are not the one and the same,those are two difrent ports.
Its same as FN minimi it will reqaire a manual lever(swich)to change the feed type.Of course this will not be as ellegant or cheap feture as in the Belgian design from the 70's but it will have the same advanteges.

And about that the squad will not have HMG.Well form what I know every two or three squad theres an HMG.This weapon its design to supplemnt the HMG.

Thursday, March 9th 2006, 5:26pm

emmm.....

Might I point out that this is a NAVAL sim, and if someone wants to suggest things for their land forces that might seem a little odd, then well and good. They have little or no effect in WesWorld other than for story-telling purposes.

That's why my tanks (hovercraft all!) all carry 20cm PowerGuns with 2cm TriBarrels to back them up for anti personnel and AA work!!!!!....anyone get the reference???

Thursday, March 9th 2006, 5:30pm

Of course I get the reference to Hammer's Slammer's. ;)

Thursday, March 9th 2006, 6:13pm

Mmm, hovertanks...

Thursday, March 9th 2006, 6:42pm

AT-AT

Well a navy can't take and hold the land, so if war eventually does brake out, the nations will need their armies.

Thursday, March 9th 2006, 7:35pm

The whole point of this little tread is to show how PRJ is thinking about joint program.Next joint probram will be naval centered.All fear PRJ Small destroyers

Thursday, March 9th 2006, 8:06pm

I don't see the harm in news about army equipment, how boring would it be if we limited the sim exclusively to naval equipment?

To me it gives players here a chance to show their knowledge in their own speacial interest.

Monday, March 13th 2006, 7:37pm

Belgrad
Speach made by Minister Kusturica
PRJ is not all about military the represantatives of Oure great nations have sign an industrial agreament that will bild a third factory in Yugoslavia with the help of oure friends.