You are not logged in.

Friday, March 3rd 2006, 3:58pm

Philippines Q2

18 April

The Armada de Filipinas announced today that it will be despatching a small force to participate in a late-summer United States Navy exercise off Hawaii.

The participating ships will be the battlecruiser Samal and carrier Sulu, along with the destroyers Cerceta, Cigüeña, Milano, and Halcón. The oiler Bambú and "exploration ship" Pacifica will also be in attendence.

After the exercise, Pacifica will begin her first Antarctic cruise, while the remainder of the vessels will return to the Philippines to prepare for this fall's SATSUMA exercise in India...

21 May

Contracts were awarded today to the Glenn L. Martin Aircraft Company of the United States and the Mauser Werkes of Germany for the construction of aviation and small-arms factories at Davao...

Monday, March 6th 2006, 9:16pm

And:

17 June

The Armada de Filipinas hereby solicits bids for the privatisation of the Manila, San Fernando, and Butuan naval yards.

It is desired that each yard will be sold to a different company, to ensure healthy competition and a wide variety of sources of experience.

While it is to be expected that bids from the SATSUMA countries, Germany, and the United States would have an advantage due to our historical and present ties to those countries, bids from all countries will be considered by the AdF.

The small yard at Puerto Princesca is expected to remain government-owned, at least for the time being.

Wednesday, March 8th 2006, 2:21am

30 June

The Armada de Filipinas today announced plans to withdraw the submarine Tiburón from active service, with the four Rémora class boats entering service, and her conversion to a Training Submarine.

The vessel will be refit in the coming months for her new role. Modifications will be minor, with four of her current six torpedo tubes to be blanked off and her 100mm main gun replaced by a 75mm weapon.

Wednesday, March 8th 2006, 2:27am

Blohm und Voss has submitted bids for the privatization of the several Phillipino shipyards.

Wednesday, March 8th 2006, 3:30am

India will not be submitting a bid to privatize Filipino shipyards (primarily because India has no experience in the matter, all Indian yards being government-owned).

Wednesday, March 8th 2006, 6:10am

OOC: What exactly would the bidding on these private yards entail? I'm assuming IP payments or am I wrong?

Wednesday, March 8th 2006, 6:48am

New York Ship Building Corporation of Camden New Jersey, Todd Shipyards Corporation of Seattle, Washington, and Bethlehem Steel of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania all enter bids to run the shipyards. William Cramp & Sons Shipbuilding Company of Philadelphia also enter a bid as does Newport News Shipbuilding and Drydock Company.

Wednesday, March 8th 2006, 5:56pm

Quoted

OOC: What exactly would the bidding on these private yards entail? I'm assuming IP payments or am I wrong?

Nope, it's all roleplaying...

Wednesday, March 8th 2006, 6:23pm

Well then...

Oyama Yards would also like to place a bid for one of the Filipino yards.

Wednesday, March 8th 2006, 6:48pm

Two more victims for the list...

... and they are the two Japanese industrial giants, the IBOIIE (International Business Organization for Industries, Import and Export) and Kanzaki Juukougyou (Kanzaki Heavy Industries).
(I assume that this privatization idea is part of a plan to make the Filipino ships less explosive)

Thursday, March 9th 2006, 12:13am

Both Beardmore & Company Ltd of Glasgow and Armstrong Whitworth & Company, Ltd of Newcastle upon Tyne submitted bids for the Filipino shipyards.

That from Beardmore was later withdrawn; the reason given for this was 'potential undue effect on other contracts'.

Thursday, March 9th 2006, 12:18am

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
... and they are the two Japanese industrial giants, the IBOIIE (International Business Organization for Industries, Import and Export) and Kanzaki Juukougyou (Kanzaki Heavy Industries).
(I assume that this privatization idea is part of a plan to make the Filipino ships less explosive)

...Or more explosive, with convenient foreigners to blame it on...

Thursday, March 9th 2006, 12:27am

Ansaldo from Italy will submit a bid.

Then if Italy or her allies gets into a war with the Philipines Ansaldo adopts a scorched earth policy and razes the Philipino shipyards.....

Thursday, March 9th 2006, 3:12am

Quoted

Quoted

...Or more explosive, with convenient foreigners to blame it on...

Hey, it's a win-win situation then.

Quoted

Then if Italy or her allies gets into a war with the Philipines Ansaldo adopts a scorched earth policy and razes the Philipino shipyards.....

More like when, being allied with Iberia...
...and it will be a simple matter of lighting the fuses on the ships under construction, and running.

Friday, March 17th 2006, 2:27am

21 June

It has been "leaked" that the Trabajos Automotores de Manila has received a contract from the Army to develop an "vehículo armado de la infantería".