You are not logged in.

Sunday, February 26th 2006, 2:13am

Canada, eh? Q2/1930

Ottawa Citizen
April 2nd, 1930
MONTREAL, ONTARIO
During a campain speech today at Canadian Vickers in Montreal, PM Mackenzie King announced a new economic initiative, in which government funds will be allocated towards assisting private shipyards in expanding their yards to provide Canadian shipbuilding industry the ability to be competative in the world shipbuilding market. When further questioned, the PM also said the possibility of the RCN placing orders at these yards in the coming years was not out of a question.

Ottawa Citizen
April 3rd, 1930
SAINT JOHN, N.B.
In a response to PM Mackenzie King's new Shipbuilding Expansion Initiative, candidate Richard Bennett called the initiative a shameless attempt to expand the Canadian military capacity, and a waste of taxpayers money on projects that the Canadian people have no need for. An official response was published from the PM's office, maintaining that while the government would certaintly have the option to contract these yards for new RCN ships, the shipyards themselves will decide what contracts to pursue.

Halifax Chronicle-Herald
April 19th, 1930
HALIFAX, N.S.
The RCN's latest additions of the Effingham class have arrived today in Halifax. When questioned about the RCNs reasons for aquiring a class of cruisers regarded as 'odd' amongst naval circles, Commodore Robert April was vague and evasive. It is suspected that these ships are being transferred as part of a deal struck during negotiations for Canada's admittance into the Cleito Treaty last year.

HMCS Hawkins following change of command ceremony

The Globe and Mail
May 14th, 1930
TORONTO, ONTARIO
In another Campaign speach, PM Mackenzie King announced the establishment of a new Canadian subsidiary of the A.V. Roe company in the Toronto suburb of Malton. This new subsidiary joins de Havilland Canada and MacDonald Brothers Aircraft Company in the burgeoning Canadian Aerospace industry.

Sunday, February 26th 2006, 2:55am

Whats this?

Thying to sneak in Mach 2+ aircraft already?????

Sunday, February 26th 2006, 3:16am

...We know nothing of this Arrow you speak of!
Nothing, we say!

Sunday, February 26th 2006, 3:29am

Quoted

Whats this?

Thying to sneak in Mach 2+ aircraft already?????

Quoted

...We know nothing of this Arrow you speak of!
Nothing, we say!

Don't worry, I already know the ending to THIS storyline....

Sunday, February 26th 2006, 3:53am

[Yeah, the Ruskies steal the Arrow's design and turn out the second fastest manned aircraft of all time, not including the space shuttles.]

Sunday, February 26th 2006, 5:27am

Used to live just a couple miles from there. My Dad would tell me stories of watching the Arrow's testing. Must have been one helluva sight. An aviation museum in Toronto is building a full scale replica.

Sunday, February 26th 2006, 5:33am

Just dont let Manzo get his hands on her. He is already dangerous without a Mach 2 plane.

I plan on building this baby:

I just noticed that CAC wasnt started until 1936, but like all Wesworld things I just guess they started earlier.

Sunday, February 26th 2006, 6:08am

Quoted

Originally posted by CanisD
Used to live just a couple miles from there. My Dad would tell me stories of watching the Arrow's testing. Must have been one helluva sight. An aviation museum in Toronto is building a full scale replica.

Static replica's are nice, I wanna see a flying replica.

Sunday, February 26th 2006, 1:02pm

At least have aircraft that look good.

Sunday, February 26th 2006, 2:57pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Fyrwulf
[Yeah, the Ruskies steal the Arrow's design and turn out the second fastest manned aircraft of all time, not including the space shuttles.]

You know its facinating how every body have a story how there invention design or something ended up being stolen.
or something of similar kind

Poland hase the UZI sub-machine gun stolen by the Izrael
Czech have the VW beatle(the first one)stolen by the german
The list goes on.

And I dont know why but I never liked Avro Arrow.

Sunday, February 26th 2006, 8:44pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Fyrwulf

Or not.

Personally, I rate Foxbat slower than:
Space Shuttle (not counted)
X-15
SR-71
A-12
F-12
M-12

Okay, so the last few are almost the same...

Sunday, February 26th 2006, 9:49pm

Quoted

Originally posted by RLBH

Or not.

Personally, I rate Foxbat slower than:
Space Shuttle (not counted)
X-15
SR-71
A-12
F-12
M-12

Okay, so the last few are almost the same...

SR-71 A-12 and F-12 are basicly the same aircraft
M-12? wasn't that un manned.
Migs 25 and 31 are also in the fast lain.
S-4 is along with the B-70 fastest bombers.

Sunday, February 26th 2006, 10:34pm

M-12 was the manned mothership to the D-21 drone, and was almost identical to the SR-71 and F-12.

The A-12 is a slightly smaller, single-seat aircraft.

But this is all semantics, really. I'm not hopeful for WesWorld getting supersonic biplanes built from wood and doped canvas...

Sunday, February 26th 2006, 11:04pm

Supersonic biplanes make good sense. A biplane has inherently less drag than a monoplane of same wing area. The supersonic biplane configuration was proposed for the M.52. There was a great plane by Blackburn proposed as a competitor to the Avro 730 (both very similar to SR.71 but more capable) it was a short span biplane with ramjets and fuel tanks between the wings. Some clever engineering allowed the conformed fuel tank to be a good compressor for the ramjet.

You also forgot this guy Rob;