You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, February 23rd 2006, 6:25pm

F.I.N.E.R. - Q1/30

Not much this quarter. "Out of my mind, back in five minutes..."

Filipino News Information and Entertainment Radio (F.I.N.E.R.) - January-March 1930

9 January
Construction work on the Laguna de Bay Canal has resumed. While no completion date has been set, the link between the lake and Manila Bay is considered to be a high priority...

14 February
An attempted assault on the wife of Presidente Juan Diego de la Vega has ended with disasterous consequences for the hoodlums involved. Called out to a report of a fight late yesterday evening, the Manila Constabulatory arrived in Manila's rebuilding shopping district to find Señora de la Vega calmly pulling her gloves back on, and two men, both found to be on the wanted list for various minor crimes, unconsious in an alleyway.

Reportedly the two criminals remain unconsious in Manila Hospital; Señora de la Vega and Colonel Moran of the Manila Constabulatory both declined to comment on the matter.

30 March
Two items of interest with regards to our Antarctic territories were announced today. The previously announced joint Antarctic "forwards base" with Australia will be located on Macquarie Island, and construction is expected to begin in the third quarter of this year. In addition, PRS Pacifica will make her maiden voyage to the frozen continent this fall, and negiotiations are underway for it to be part of a joint exploration with the US, Japan, Australia, and possibly other countries...

Thursday, February 23rd 2006, 6:56pm

I wonder what is so important about that lake.

I'm surprised those hoodlums aren't dead after trying to acost Mrs.de la Vega.

Chile has yet to show much interest in Antarctica. Maybe later they'll turn their eye southward.

Thursday, February 23rd 2006, 7:04pm

Quoted

I wonder what is so important about that lake.

Maybe there's a deposit of Kongo's at the bottom of it?

Friday, February 24th 2006, 1:48am

Quoted

I'm surprised those hoodlums aren't dead after trying to acost Mrs.de la Vega.

Is brain-dead good enough? ;-)

As for the canal...it's a Major Public Works Project™ helping the post-Revolution economy, and also will allow another alternative for smaller vessels to the busy Port of Manila.