You are not logged in.

Q1

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, January 31st 2006, 8:20am

Q1

Is everybody ready for Q1 or do we have some people to post yet?

Tuesday, January 31st 2006, 8:31am

I've still got the UK Q4 to do - should be done this evening or tomorrow.

RLBH

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Tuesday, January 31st 2006, 9:57am

I´m not ready yet - there are still some reports to do before the RSAN can enter the new year.

Tuesday, January 31st 2006, 9:58am

Ha! We just posted Q4/29! I still have to do news from Q3! I'd say lets give it till this weekend.

Tuesday, January 31st 2006, 10:26am

Lots of news (some) to post from the end of 1929.

Tuesday, January 31st 2006, 11:00am

Okay. I'm still getting used to the more sedate pace here. You guys should check out the wars in NS, they make WWI and WWII look tame. But then, when you have nations that could subjugate the entire RL world without breaking a sweat, that's to be expected.

Tuesday, January 31st 2006, 11:10am

You'll find the opposite here, as we are all basically trying to keep the peace as long as possible. In my opinion there will eventually be a war and it'll be a doozie but half the fun is the build up to that war politically.

Tuesday, January 31st 2006, 11:17am

*grins* Here, it's in my interest to see the extra-American peace last as long as possible. In NS, my nation has 5.674 billion people with a budget that in the 75 trillion range; it's been a very long time since my negotiating terms there have been anything more than, "Do what I say or die."

Tuesday, January 31st 2006, 11:50am

It's a little early, Germany still has news to post for Q4. It's been a busy quarter diplomatically, I'll say that.

Tuesday, January 31st 2006, 4:19pm

Well, I still have to figure out exactly what I'll be building (for myself, anyway ;-) ) in 1930, and there's the "Future of the Filipino ________" bits that I keep trying to ignore, but I can move along at any time the rest of y'all are ready, which will likely be awhile - most countries still have Q4 news to post.

(BTW, you could do worse than to study Rocky's news reports. :-) )

Tuesday, January 31st 2006, 4:24pm

Speaking of which, I have yet to post Q4 news or sim reports. They're mostly written, just not completed. The weekend seems like a reasonable timeframe for starting 1930 to me.

Tuesday, January 31st 2006, 5:21pm

hmm, better get some news written & posted for Q3/4

Tuesday, January 31st 2006, 8:16pm

I do know that Canis has a rather large story in developement for 1929 so we may have to wait a wee bit longer as there will likely be follow up posts by other nations.

Tuesday, January 31st 2006, 8:23pm

Well I still have Q2 and Q3 to fill before I can handle Q4 even. Not that my news will be rather earth shattering...though you never know. I might think of something interesting.

On a side note, Harlock has been fairly quiet since the Arcadia was sunk....but Deathshadow is still unaccounted for at this time.

Tuesday, January 31st 2006, 8:27pm

Maybe he's writing an article for 1930's conference on piracy.

Tuesday, January 31st 2006, 11:17pm

My big thing for Q4 is the exercise. I can post a summary in the regular news, then work on some more detailed background stories. As for the Crash...I've come to the conclusion that most economic historians don't seem to agree on much at all! I've read that it was over-priced, while others argue it was under-priced and simple panic lead to the crash. What I'm leaning towards is a gradual decline in the market through late 29, perhaps profit taking. Most seem to agree that it was post-crash panic and protective tariffs that lead to the global crash. That won't happen in my US, so we can keep disruptions to a minimum. It might not be the most realistic take on it, but I FRICKIN HATE ECONOMICS!!!

Tuesday, January 31st 2006, 11:20pm

I was wondering what, if anything, we were going to do about the Great Crash, and if the answer is we're not going to try to sim it, that bothers me not at all. Economics is the dismal science, after all (and calling it a science seems a bit of a stretch, besides).

Saturday, February 4th 2006, 5:24am

Well I started to write for a quick Q2-Q4 news, but then had it erased by the browser as it decided to go someplace else. I don't feel like writting it over again right now (slight headache), so go on ahead into Q1/1930 if you need to...I'll play catchup news wise. Nothing there that was too important that I recall that already isn't shown in the quartly reports...save maybe to real fate of the old Capitan Thompson destroyer. which in truth isn't really important as more as interesting (or funny, ir depends onhow it comes out).

Oh and when are those essays on piracy in 1930 due?

Saturday, February 4th 2006, 2:03pm

Whenever I set up the Piracy Forum thread in Q3. Probably not for another month of real-time (thankfully...)

Wednesday, February 8th 2006, 11:46am

So, are we now about ready for 1930? I know the great 1929 Exercise that Canis is doing is continuing, but other than that, any other hold-ups on moving forward a quarter?