You are not logged in.

Sunday, April 26th 2020, 8:32pm

Thanks

Sunday, May 17th 2020, 4:45pm

I think that I understand it but I want to be completely sure.

Quoted

You may spend 1.5 pts to give a port one additional slot to hold another slipway or dry-dock. By spending another 1.5 pts, the port is automatically upgraded to the next largest category of port. Note that these points upgrade the port’s facilities only - once paid for, you will still need to pay for the slip or dry-dock to take that slot.
If I get this right to build a new slip or drydock in one of my ports (let's say Attica) I would have to upgrade it first, right?

Sunday, May 17th 2020, 5:02pm

I think that I understand it but I want to be completely sure.

Quoted

You may spend 1.5 pts to give a port one additional slot to hold another slipway or dry-dock. By spending another 1.5 pts, the port is automatically upgraded to the next largest category of port. Note that these points upgrade the port’s facilities only - once paid for, you will still need to pay for the slip or dry-dock to take that slot.
If I get this right to build a new slip or drydock in one of my ports (let's say Attica) I would have to upgrade it first, right?

I don't think anyone's done that in... decades, if ever.

Sunday, May 17th 2020, 5:17pm

Well then, I will proceed as if it doesn't exist.

Sunday, May 17th 2020, 7:14pm

The only place I can recall seeing that rule employed was by Red Admiral when developing port facilities in East Africa – and I was not playing at that time, but found it during my the audit of the Italian sim reports. In a non-Wesworld scenario I sketched out for my own amusement I did apply the rule when developing ports in German colonial territories preparatory to placing floating dry docks in them to support naval forces overseas.

The way the rule is worded it seems not applicable to coastal cities in the player’s home territories. For building slips and dry docks in East Africa, Red Admiral’s use of the rule was applicable, though the way he did it was not completely correct.

Tuesday, May 19th 2020, 9:14pm

I have one last question (I hope :) ) before I can start the Q2 report.
want to use the old AA batteries of the Ares Class. Should I wait until the refit ends or can I consider them available?