You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Monday, January 16th 2006, 6:00pm

AANM textfile missing

Folks,

in our treaty section there is no copy of the AANM treaty. Can someone please post it?

Thanks,

HoOmAn

Monday, January 16th 2006, 6:36pm

I have looked around quickly with the search option but couldn't find any details on the treaty's contents. To be honest, I cannot remember them ever being posted, so I guess it would have to come from one of the AANM members.

Monday, January 16th 2006, 8:23pm

Missing? It was never available for public scrutiny.

Monday, January 16th 2006, 8:34pm

Not missing, but misinformation?

Then how would the world even know it exists as a legitimate grouping?

Monday, January 16th 2006, 9:32pm

we never got our backsides in gear to write it ... and I am not sure that alliance treaties were open to public perusal in the 20s and 30s.

HoOmAn

Tuesday, January 17th 2006, 9:20am

It´s not a matter of "in character" but as a player I´d like to know these kind of things to get an idea how people play, what is important to them, how they understand rules etc. Together it will help to keep WesWorld running.

Also note that "in reality" other alliances wouldn´t have puplished their treaties, too. But they did as player information on the Treaty Board to let everybody know.

I really think AANM really should post their signed treaty (as most powerful alliance in WesWorld, if talking "in character", and thus the ones that can spoil other players fun easiest, if talking "as player").

Tuesday, January 17th 2006, 10:43am

I did start writing something ages ago, maybe I'll have to finish it.

Tuesday, January 17th 2006, 11:48am

Quoted

Originally posted by LordArpad
we never got our backsides in gear to write it ... and I am not sure that alliance treaties were open to public perusal in the 20s and 30s.

I hate to sound terse but everyone else has posted every treaty from alliances to non-agression pacts to treaty's of mutual freindship for the purposes of simulation.

In real life other nations wouldn't likely know just how far along anothers warship projects are coming along yet we post those as well.

Tuesday, January 17th 2006, 12:22pm

Not quite. There are a few "secret" parts of other treaties, but they are secret and so aren't known.

Tuesday, January 17th 2006, 12:37pm

Speaking from my own point of veiw, there are no secrets in the FAR treaty, Sim wise. How much of that treaty would acctually be privy to the other nations is subject to role playing.

HoOmAn

Tuesday, January 17th 2006, 12:44pm

At least regarding SANTA you´re right, RA. Part of the problem here is that SANTA dates back to the times Quazar played the NL at the very beginning of WesWorld and the "non-puplic" part was never written down in the same manner as the part posted.

Sounds familiar to AANM?

Difference is that Quazar bailed out of the SIM quite early and then it took some time before RAM took over - and he´s not exactly what I would call a frequent visitor. So while he and I agreed on the spirit of the secret part when he took over control we never found the time to write out SANTA in full to add the part to the board.

Regarding AANM you don´t have this problem in a similar scale so I think you should be able to get the paper together easily.

Tuesday, January 17th 2006, 2:25pm

On a similar note, where is the FAR treaty to be found? I don't see either it or the AANM treaty in the Treaties area....

HoOmAn

Tuesday, January 17th 2006, 3:00pm

Tuesday, January 17th 2006, 3:02pm

Ah, then could the thread be re-titled to make it easier to find?

Tuesday, January 17th 2006, 8:04pm

That can be arranged.