You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, November 6th 2005, 11:54am

NPC's

I know we seem to shy away from this subject so as to not let posters down but we have several NPC's that could benifir from living posters running their affairs, such as Brazil, Argentina, Canada (now that Rogers given them a slice of GB's pie) and Poland.

Do any of the Players here have any suggestions as to who they think is a good candidate for "X" nation? I hate to pose the question for fear of a free for all discussion but are their regular posters here who would like to participate on a regular basis?

Sunday, November 6th 2005, 3:12pm

I don't see why Poland would need playing. She's only got some destroyers as I recall.

Canada, Brazil, Argentina can benefit, I suppose. We also need to determine whether Psilander is playing Nordmark; I know my own inquiries to him have gone unanswered.

As for actual bodies, I dunno. Maybe Shinra needs to show us what he can do.

Sunday, November 6th 2005, 7:06pm

I might be interested in Canada, but I'd be worried about my lack of knowledge in Canadian history and politics being too obvious in front of the Canadian players we have, heh.

Sunday, November 6th 2005, 8:12pm

I didn't know anything about Germany while I was playing it. Just did a little reading so I could sound halfway intelligent.

Anyway, we Canucks are a tolerant bunch - long as your Admiralty isn't housed in a huge igloo, I think we'd cut you some slack.

Sunday, November 6th 2005, 9:26pm

Hehe, Rocky said it best.

As for Poland, it would be nice to get the German and Russian veiws on the subject, a player in Poland would impact them the most.

Sunday, November 6th 2005, 9:30pm

Quoted

long as your Admiralty isn't housed in a huge igloo, I think we'd cut you some slack.

But what is underneath that igloo?? Who's going to suspect an igloo being the entrance to a massive underground complex (expensive enough to bankrupt the entire world ten times over) to house Canada's Admiralty?

Sunday, November 6th 2005, 11:39pm

As far as Germany's concerned, a Polish player would be an OK thing. I would think, though, that other areas like Canada, Brazil, and Argentina are likely more interesting from a naval player point of view. And surely Nordmark would be a higher priority than Poland.

Sunday, November 6th 2005, 11:45pm

I still can't get NET framework to install (and by extention, springsharp), which will pose a problem. I should also confess that I'm not a hockey fan.

:o

::ducks::

Sunday, November 6th 2005, 11:58pm

It's still legal to not be a hockey fan in Canada. Just not recommended.

I still used the old DOS-based Springstyle for my stuff; you can too. If something wacky comes along that Springstyle can't simulate - like the Akbar BB layout - I just bother somebody else until they do it for me.

Monday, November 7th 2005, 12:51am

...lol is bother really the correct term?

Monday, November 7th 2005, 2:47am

Quoted

I don't see why Poland would need playing. She's only got some destroyers as I recall.

Geographic position - being positioned between the Russian bear and the resurgent Germany, Poland is in a rather precarious position, and making it a PC could have interesting effects on WesWorld's political structure.
(Also, that way they're more likely to get that battlecruiser . ^_^)

Quoted

But what is underneath that igloo?? Who's going to suspect an igloo being the entrance to a massive underground complex (expensive enough to bankrupt the entire world ten times over) to house Canada's Admiralty?

And is it really the Admiralty that's under that igloo, or...
Giant Mutant Polar Bears!! XD

Agree on Canada, Brazil, Argentina, Poland, in that order. (I have a complete list with suggested priorities...all the way down to Azerbaijan. XD)

Monday, November 7th 2005, 5:56am

Well, Azerbaijan would be an interesting country to play. They'd be the terror of the Caspian Sea! Just think of the arms race between them and Turkmenistan and Kazakhstan. Even Iran could get in on it.

I'd certainly support some more PC's in my hemisphere. Just the Chile and US isn't enough to deal with you imperialistic devils! Brazil and Argentina would be excellent choices, I'd even put them ahead of Canada in priority. As for Canada, I wonder if the Cleito restrictions apply on the Great Lakes as well, for instance...

Monday, November 7th 2005, 3:34pm

Quoted

Poland is in a rather precarious position, and making it a PC could have interesting effects on WesWorld's political structure

The same could be said of any small country between two bigger ones. It doesn't mean that the country ought to be played; how many players do we expect would be satisfied playing a Poland with a couple of DDs? More likely they'd push for a larger fleet, get it, and add to any tensions in the region.

Canis - if I'm not mistaken, a historical treaty does strictly regulate what warships can be based in the Lakes. A similar doc probably exists in Wesworld.

Monday, November 7th 2005, 3:57pm

Treaty of Washington, 1871, disarmed the Great Lakes. Whether that treaty has been strictly adhered to or not since then, well..... In WesWorld, who knows? :)

Monday, November 7th 2005, 7:47pm

I assumed the treaty did exist since it was well before any points of departure in Wesworld's US history. Haven't actually read any of Turtledove's work. I've heard mixed reviews, some good, some bad.

Wednesday, November 9th 2005, 1:49am

Poland

It would certainly add interest in the Baltic to have a Polish player, but I agree that getting a Nordmark player is a higher priority.

One possibility would be for there to be a Nordmark-Poland alliance.

Wednesday, November 9th 2005, 2:05am

Oh, there's a happy thought for Germany.....

Wednesday, November 9th 2005, 6:04am

Heh, my faithfull ally...stiring the pot whenever possible.

I do agree though Nordmark is thee highest priority, next IMO comes Argentina, Canada and Brazil.

After that its just fitting interested players into the game if we think it won't have an adverse effect.

Thursday, November 10th 2005, 8:57am

Nordmark

Hi

I would be interested in taking on Nordmark, if wanted.

My main problem is that I am struggling to convert the springstyles in the Encyclopedia in springsharps

Thursday, November 10th 2005, 9:34am

Well given the ties to South Africa any Nordish player would have to co-operate heavily with Hooman, so I guess its up to him for the most part who plays Nordmark.

If he's fine with it I'm sure he can help you convert some of the ships to Springsharp designs.