You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Doug Wise

Unregistered

Wednesday, February 1st 2006, 7:23pm

Well, then, is their a specific way you begin or do you just sort of...join in?

Is diplomacy mostly conducted by PM?

How often are news reports expected?

Wednesday, February 1st 2006, 7:44pm

Just do what you gotta do. There are some people yet who've to submit their Q4/29 reports, so you might want to do yours to get your toes wet.

As for diplomacy, it certainly can be conducted by PM, although you do have to submit the entirety of the treaty in the treaties forum once an agreement is made. PMs are also good for hashing out ships acquisitions and other deals.

I assume you mean quarterly reports? People just do them when they can and when everybody is done, people move on to the next quarter. You'll find the pace quite sedate, so no pressure.

Wednesday, February 1st 2006, 7:46pm

Basically interact with the Moderators, we don't really have any real rules to get in so if we feel you'd be a good addition we then get a group opinion. As long as your not a meglamaniac and accept the rules in place you shouldn't have to much of a problem joining up.

Diplomacy is usually conducted in PM land, with treaty's and diplomatic annoucements posted publicly in the treaty's or news sections.

News reports may be posted at various times allthough we prefer a report for each quarter (3 months) thats not always possible. You may simply have no news to post or real life may postpone your posts. Sometimes we see reports for half a year.

Wednesday, February 1st 2006, 8:06pm

Mmhmhmhmh

Quoted

As long as your not a meglamaniac

Well as long as you are realistic about your meglamania anyway. (I tend to follow the Desler (Desslok) of Gamilon approach to meglamania, but Chile doesn't have the resources to do that...and Rohan's nation character prevents it). Chile's limited insanity is framed by its original 1924 fleet and some of the "realities' of Wesworld.

Wednesday, February 1st 2006, 8:20pm

Doug, you should probably join for Q1/30, which gives you a bit of time to do things like:

-Sort out your force deployments

-Get caught up with recent Wesworld events in your neighbourhood

-Make up a few characters (Shah, senior naval officer, etc)

-Get a sense of your foreign policy

You should feel free to contact your neighbours to see what they think of relations with Persia.

I find that diplomacy tends to go on via email or PM. PMs mean it's a one-on-one affair, with the exception of the "SATSUMA" user which Swampy, Walter and I all have access to.

News reports are strictly optional, but most folks do them on at least an irregular basis - the point of them being to set the strategic context to explain the decisions you make.

Wednesday, February 1st 2006, 8:29pm

Quoted

Originally posted by fenkmaster
Well, then, is their a specific way you begin or do you just sort of...join in?

Is diplomacy mostly conducted by PM?

How often are news reports expected?

Im new to im only here since Q2.1929.
Whell My first post as player wos in line that historic leader of poland die and new fictional caracter have asumed power.
Apart for the reporsts that are preaty easy,news are posted about naval affairs and diplomatic thing like ship acqisition and diplomatic thing like forein wisits and the like.
News are a nice touch but its not a must to post every Quarter.

Doug Wise

Unregistered

Wednesday, February 1st 2006, 11:24pm

Thanks for all the help, I'll see if I can get something started up here in a couple of days.

Just a note, you probably won't see any activity from me until next Sunday night or Monday, as I'm going down to check out a university several thousand miles from home from Thu. to Sat., then watching Super Bowl XL on Sunday afternoon. This does not mean that I have dropped out prematurely, just that I have business to attend to.

Thanks for the understanding.

Thursday, February 2nd 2006, 2:02am

I've been mulling over Canada, but I've been dealing with certain unpredictablities offline (I don't want to end up disappearing on you guys), my knowledge of Canadian history isn't all that great, and I can't get SS to work on this computer.

Thursday, February 2nd 2006, 6:53am

Quoted

Just a note, you probably won't see any activity from me until next Sunday night or Monday, as I'm going down to check out a university several thousand miles from home from Thu. to Sat., then watching Super Bowl XL on Sunday afternoon.

Go Seattle!!! You are rooting for Seattle right?

Shinra, no hurry on joining the sim. As for SS not working, what seems to be the problem?

Thursday, February 2nd 2006, 7:42am

You know what's sad? I'm 20 miles from Ford Field and I don't have tickets. If I'd suspected that Seattle and Pittsburg were playing, I would have bought tickets ages ago. No matter, the Fins will be here for the Thanksgiving game.

EDIT: ShinRa, Wikipaedia is your friend: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Canada

Thursday, February 2nd 2006, 6:34pm

There's now a forum for Persia in the encyclopedia. Doug, let me know if there are any access issues for you.

Thursday, February 2nd 2006, 7:40pm

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
Shinra, no hurry on joining the sim. As for SS not working, what seems to be the problem?

It needs Net Framework 1.1 installed, and it refuses to install (My computer has been dying for the past 5 years or so).

Thursday, February 2nd 2006, 7:49pm

Ouch that is a problem, Can you download any version of Springstyle ?

Thursday, February 2nd 2006, 8:05pm

I use still use springstyle exclusively. If something weird requires springsharp, I just get somebody else to sim it for me based on the springstyle report.

Thursday, February 2nd 2006, 8:27pm

What's the difference between the two?

Thursday, February 2nd 2006, 9:02pm

Quoted

Originally posted by ShinRa_Inc
my knowledge of Canadian history isn't all that great

I wouldn't let that stop you, pretty much all I knew about Denmark was "Bacon, Lego, and Vikings" when I got into it! Be creative, and duck whenever Wes and Rocky read your "alternate" history!!

Thursday, February 2nd 2006, 9:07pm

Haven't quite had the oppertunity to fully explain the alternate Brazil's history. Obviously the "republican" coup led by the oligarchs didn't happen in 1898, in consequence neither did the popular revolt in '30, and Isabel had a female heir instead of a male one. As much as I dislike the Habsburgs, the females of that line defined "force of nature".

CG, how badly have you butchered Danish history?

Thursday, February 2nd 2006, 9:20pm

I've used characters and items from history but not historicly, and the only "true to real life" event was the first election result when the SD's kicked the Conservatives out of office (needed it for plot!)

The Danish Virgin Islands were never sold to the u.s.
There are colonies in Africa (East and West), and in Asia, we are involved with Siam (Thialand).

I'm currently scrapping most of the historical navy, and putting a few "Larger" vessels on the ocean waves!

Butchered enough for you??

[SIZE=1]P.S. don't tell anyone but I've invented something.....[/SIZE]

Thursday, February 2nd 2006, 9:25pm

That's all fine. To the greater glory of Denmark!

Thursday, February 2nd 2006, 10:10pm

The Danes were of great help in taking care of the Pirate Captain Harlock's predreadnought battleship Arcadia in recent history.

As for Brazil's alternate history, the base place you can start is the South African invasion of 1882.