You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Thursday, November 10th 2005, 11:24am

I´m fine with Earl playing Nordmark - but I have no time to help getting started except putting together an email containing some basic information about the relationship SAE-Nordmark and some early designs.

Earl, if you´re willing to play Nordmark you´ve to accept the written history and relationsships. You also need to carefully read all old threads regarding Nordmark - especially regarding the war with Argentina (if already posted). More information regarding the war was written by Pengolodh but is still missing and will be posted later. That´s written history, too.

Sounds difficult but I guess you can handle it. If you agree then I´ll try to put together the information I have and you´ll receive an eMail with the stuff. Rocky may also help with some things as he got some insight into the Nordmark issue when he helped with the war stories.

Thursday, November 10th 2005, 1:25pm

Ok I will start to read through all the stuff on here.

Thursday, November 10th 2005, 5:09pm

No! Don't take Nordmark!

PEOPLE HAVE GONE INTO THAT COUNTRY AND NEVER COME OUT!!

XD

Welcome aboard. :-)

Thursday, November 10th 2005, 5:21pm

Howdy neighbor!

Looking forward to having a fellow Northerner to make things interesting in the High Arctic!

Thursday, November 10th 2005, 5:24pm

I do have some stuff from Pengolodh on Nordmark if Earl provides an email address (by PM) and if I can get into my email archive. The latter is a big if.

Friday, November 11th 2005, 6:37pm

Quoted

PEOPLE HAVE GONE INTO THAT COUNTRY AND NEVER COME OUT!!

I now know why, have just found a complete lack of reports back to the start of the sim so i may be working for some time to catch up.

Saturday, November 12th 2005, 1:40am

Chile currently has problems with Bolivia and Peru. An Argentina might complicate the matter, as could a Brazil (or provide more fuel to the fire that is the Chilean-Bolivian-Peruvia border).

Nordmark is by far the most needed nations to catch up. There are still pieces of information from the war with Argentina that are missing (I think, I could be forgetting the thread where the war was finished).

Canada could become an interesting nation depending on how relations go between the US and UK, and what happens in the two great oceans that flank the second largest nation in the world.

And Poland would be mostly a roleplaying type nation rather then a naval simulator nation. Its role would be mostly foil to any situation in eastern europe and the baltic sea.

Saturday, November 12th 2005, 2:59am

I might be interested in playing Poland - might..

Bear in mind, I have almost no experience with SpringSharp. None, zip, nada. But I could learn, and more importantly when it comes to Poland, it doesn't really matter (yet?). Like you said it'd be mostly a political/storyline deal.

Still, Wesworld would probably be better off with someone who knew what they were doing... :p

Saturday, November 12th 2005, 3:50am

You can get around the Springsharp bit by playing a nation that relies on imports, though.

Saturday, November 12th 2005, 3:57am

That's true. It looks like the information available to work off of (encyclopedia entry) is much more up to date than Nordmark, anyways.

Hmm. Any other thoughts?

Saturday, November 12th 2005, 4:09am

Spend a bit of time reading up on the actual history of the NPCs. See if there's anything that sounds like good story fodder. Similarly, see if there's any neat opportunities for a particular nation to get added to an ongoing story arc. If you're thinking of doing a political/storyline deal, make sure you've got something to work with.

Monday, November 14th 2005, 11:31am

I think I should respectfully point out that I don't think we're looking for "here today, gone tommorrow" type players.

Most of us have been with this sim for a couple of years not just months, so hopefully any new potential players will give it some thought before they commit to joining the sim. Keep in mind you don't need to show up every day but keeping reasonably up to date quarterly reports would be recommended.

That works out to about 1 post every 2 or so weeks, not including news reports and other tidbits, not really hard to do, heck some of us are on every day with nothing better to do!

Anyway I'll step off the soapbox now....

Monday, November 14th 2005, 8:47pm

Hi Long time reader first time poster.
I am intersested in playing Poland

Quoted

Originally posted by The Rock Doctor

Quoted

Poland is in a rather precarious position, and making it a PC could have interesting effects on WesWorld's political structure

The same could be said of any small country between two bigger ones. It doesn't mean that the country ought to be played; how many players do we expect would be satisfied playing a Poland with a couple of DDs? More likely they'd push for a larger fleet, get it, and add to any tensions in the region.

I Dont intend to bild a large fleet.
I'd like to complet Historical "Maly Program Rozbudowy Floty"
or small fleet expancion plan.
Composing of bilding or buying 2 cruisers 10 destroyer 10 fleet torpedo bouts and 10 subs.

But if You think that you nead an other NPC more i will like to play that Nation.
Reagards.

Monday, November 14th 2005, 9:06pm

Hi Marek,

There's a thread in the Infrastructure Board about NPC infrastructure. Would you be okay with the amount of infrastructure listed for Poland in that thread?

I won't disagree that I'd prefer to see Brazil or Argentina played, but my remarks were more in the context of if we were to go "head-hunting" for new players. If somebody like yourself is actually wanting to play Poland, that's cool with me - I'd rather you played a country you want than one you didn't.

Hrolf, Adm K, Earl, Commodore - you guys cool with a new PC neighbour?

How long have you been reading, may I ask?

J

Monday, November 14th 2005, 9:19pm

Germany's fine with it.

Monday, November 14th 2005, 9:52pm

I wose reading from about game year 1924 i think.
And Im cant find the infrasructure for Poland im asuming its Danzig if not i will have to bild a port in Gdynia like it wose in history.

Thank You for leating me particypate.

Monday, November 14th 2005, 9:58pm

Here's what's in that NPC Infrastructure thread about Poland:

Poland - 4 factories
at Danzig:
1 Type 2 slip
2 Type 1 slips
2 Type 0 slips
1 Type 1 drydock
at Koszalin
1 Type 1 slip
2 Type 0 slips
1 Type 2 drydock
2 Type 0 drydocks

Also in that thread there were suggestions by one person that there ought to be 1-2 Type 3 slips at Danzig, but no confirmation of that.

Monday, November 14th 2005, 10:08pm

I would say it looks good as is.

Monday, November 14th 2005, 10:09pm

Koszalin?
So in Wesworld Treaty of Wersalies Poland got more that in Historic TW.

So my fleet will propably be indegius desind
Im all ready imagining two CL bild in danzig.

Im polish by the way.:)

Monday, November 14th 2005, 10:13pm

Well, with 4 factories and 1 Type 2 slip, you could certainly build 2 CLs at Danzig. Have to wait until the first one's launched and the slip cleared before you start the second one, but it would certainly be feasible.